Low FPS in Warzones? Try this

TempusFugitTwo

Hello all,

My SWTOR was running great until recently when I decided to clean my SSD and go for a clean windows install. Once I moved everything over to the new drive and started the game up I noticed a dramatic drop in performance in warzones in particular.

I found the problem was due to the settings in windows power management, so I have posted the fix here.

If you have had similar issues and/or would like better FPS in Warzones, give it a try. It may work for you also.

Edited by TempusFugitTwo

Hello all,

My SWTOR was running great until recently when I decided to clean my SSD and go for a clean windows install. Once I moved everything over to the new drive and started the game up I noticed a dramatic drop in performance in warzones in particular.

I found the problem was due to the settings in windows power management, so I have posted the fix here.

If you have had similar issues and/or would like better FPS in Warzones, give it a try. It may work for you also.

Sorry didn't fix it....

Noticed the FPS dropping since the patch 2 weeks ago... My normal FPS in an un crowded is 100-110... Going into the WZ before the match starts it is about 100..: as soon as it starts it drops to 20-50 FPS... this wasn't happening before... Sure it used to drop for me, but only to about 60-80... I have all my settings on low to improve performance... This is just a recent development and I have tested it on 3 PCs on different networks

My guess is its a bug

:(

Alderaan used to be laggy to me but I purchased a new laptop and now alderaan and balmorra even every warzone with ultra graphics on never lags. I forgot what lag even felt like lol I doubt its a bug you just need a more up to date gaming computer. Edited by PrincessNuri

Alderaan used to be laggy to me but I purchased a new laptop and now alderaan and balmorra even every warzone with ultra graphics on never lags. I forgot what lag even felt like lol I doubt its a bug you just need a more up to date gaming computer.

Problem is I have nearly the highest end desktop setup... Only thing not the lastest/highest is my GPU... But it's still a Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Vapor-X 6GB (extra mem is for work)

A highend desktop always kills a highend laptop in performance

FPS drops in WZ are a killer

Edited by Icykill_