Faction change ?

Yatachi

Why do you insist with " consular gear Jaesa cannot wear" or " trooper

gear Elara cannot wear" ? I'm talking about the story, not about gear! In the story, you corrupt a Jedi Padawan, a girl using a double bladed saber , a weapon used by all jedi consular shadow spec. I don't care if the gear says " requires Jaesa" or "requires WinnieThePooh", lorewise speaking Jaesa IS , as a Jedi Padawan, a consular.

"Class" is a game-mechanical term that has no place in "lorewise" discussions. In game-mechanical terms, Jaesa is not a Consular(1) of any kind, and in lorewise terms, she is a Padawan who uses a double-bladed lightsabre.(2)

We might speak, instead, of "job" or "occupation", or even "title", but it should be fairly obvious that Jaesa's title is "Padawan", and that's more or less her job / occupation as well.

(1) Digression: "Consular" is a strange name for a class, anyway. It would be even weirder if we substituted a near-synonym: imagine if the class was called "Ambassadorial" or "Diplomatic". ("Consular" is an adjective whose meaning is closely related to "diplomatic" or "ambassadorial", and more or less all other class names that I've seen in any RPG are *nouns*. That noun/adjective confusion is probably part of why we often see it called "councillor" or "counsellor"...)

(2) There's a minor lore-break (perhaps) in her continued status as a Padawan, especially in the context of the Consular story. You run through the Forge section of the story and return to the temple. There is then a minor argument about your status as a Padawan, and one of the Jedi Council members (sorry, I don't remember who) cites your lightsabre as a reason to consider you no longer a Padawan, or at least not "just" a Padawan.

The answer is in the live stream and it is not good news bunches will be upset. Because what ever you chose in Iokath you are stuck with. There is some exceptions to that but you are still in that faction you really need to watch the video to get your answer. Edited by Fallensouls

The answer is in the live stream and it is not good news bunches will be upset. Because what ever you chose at the end of Nathema you are stuck with. There is some exceptions to that but you are still in that faction you really need to watch the video to get your answer.

By "chose at the end of Nathema" I assume you mean the choice of whether to use the blue phone or the red phone. It's been said that that choice is not the final choice, but it will be noted. The final choice will not be made until you go to Ossus. As far as being stuck with a faction that choice was made when the character was created. It was always a pipe dream to think that ones Imperial character would be able to walk on Carrick Station (and vice versa for a Republic character).

By "chose at the end of Nathema" I assume you mean the choice of whether to use the blue phone or the red phone. It's been said that that choice is not the final choice, but it will be noted. The final choice will not be made until you go to Ossus. As far as being stuck with a faction that choice was made when the character was created. It was always a pipe dream to think that ones Imperial character would be able to walk on Carrick Station (and vice versa for a Republic character).

No they said the final choice for the faction is locked in from Iokath ( which i corrected above) but you can be a loyalist to that faction or saboteur for your starter faction, but you are stuck there, which is not cool at all.

Edited by Fallensouls

This will probably be the case. While it could be easy to see the transition from KJ to SW or JC to SI, going from Trooper to IA or Smuggler to BH would be more difficult to pull off from a story perspective. This makes me believe that the Alliance will formally become an "associated power" of the Sith Empire or the Republic--assuming in 5.10 we don't see the Alliance formally dissolve. If the Alliance dissolves, it just seems far more likely that characters would return to their original faction.

My fave example is as a SI when the defeating scientists suggests you join them and you can say something along the lines of Maybe I will." In my LS play thrus I've always wished I could actually follow thru, instead the closest you can do is low key admit that you're a Light Sider and smuggle them into Republic Space with a travel authorization.

what I got away with listening to the stream -- like someone else said --

what ever faction our character was "at birth" is the true, one and only, real faction ... we can be sabatours or loyalists,

but there is no faction change ( which I always suspected was the truth when this whole mess started )

and I am ok with that anyway ...

and WHY, oh WHY, even have our character tell Lana one faction or another at the end of Nathema if it didn't make any difference ? - just for drama affect ?

our factions are our beginning faction in the story ... not changing .....

and I heard and understood that the final faction had NOT been set in stone yet --- but like I said above ... it really doesn't matter

Edited by Tashia

I'm feeling pretty let down with the way it's turned out with the factions for 5.10.

I never expected a full faction switch for every part of the game (ie, my Jedi being able to walk onto any Imperial base on any planet or use the SI/SW abilities), but I did expect we'd be given the option to continue as we did on Iokath, ie, choosing which faction to work with in the story.

What's the point of us choosing a faction on Iokath or Lana asking us where we want to go after Nathema if it's not going to matter, in the end? Is our character now so completely powerless that they don't have the agency to fully and openly support the side of their choice?

From a story standpoint my Jedi would choose death before they would be forced back into the Jedi order or forced to fight the Republic's wars again. My non-Force users have also been disenchanted with the Republic for a long time. The Republic did nothing for them during the war with the Eternal Empire, and sold out some of their companions. They've allied with the Empire every time they've been given a choice. All of them happen to be engaged to a Sith.

I'm feeling pretty let down with the way it's turned out with the factions for 5.10.

I never expected a full faction switch for every part of the game (ie, my Jedi being able to walk onto any Imperial base on any planet or use the SI/SW abilities), but I did expect we'd be given the option to continue as we did on Iokath, ie, choosing which faction to work with in the story.

What's the point of us choosing a faction on Iokath or Lana asking us where we want to go after Nathema if it's not going to matter, in the end? Is our character now so completely powerless that they don't have the agency to fully and openly support the side of their choice?

From a story standpoint my Jedi would choose death before they would be forced back into the Jedi order or forced to fight the Republic's wars again. My non-Force users have also been disenchanted with the Republic for a long time. The Republic did nothing for them during the war with the Eternal Empire, and sold out some of their companions. They've allied with the Empire every time they've been given a choice. All of them happen to be engaged to a Sith.

So then in 5.10 you'll choose to ally with the Empire again and work to sabotage the Republic and the Jedi. You'll have the option to be either a loyalist or a saboteur, and Beard-face Boyd said that that decision will have consequences in later content. None of us know for certain the story, the content, or how this all will play out, but you're certainly not being forced back into the Order or forced to fight the Republic's wars in 5.10.