omeru

I think it's going to he a giant dumpster fire... but I'm one of the biggest pessimists (and sarcastic jerks) on the forum

You'd have to be an optimistically sick human being to believe anything differently, I am afraid. I really am hoping for the best, though. I'd love to see the game pick itself up off the ground and be great again.

What do you think. :D

3 months to release no info no pts clearly it will be extremely rushed with too many untested things and their history about pvp. I really dont have any positivity about 6.0.

Do you think things will be better in 6.0?

If the last two patches are any indication. Im scared there will be so many bugs we’ll need a fumigator.

When you can’t even make small changes in the game with out some major bugs, what hope do we have for a whole expansion.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If the last two patches are any indication. Im scared there will be so many bugs we’ll need a fumigator.

When you can’t even make small changes in the game with out some major bugs, what hope do we have for a whole expansion.

Yea were gonna need the PTS up sooner than later, so they can try to eliminate as many bugs as possible

Until it's on PTS there is nothing to talk about..

From what I've seen it sounds like it will be a massive mess. No way all those tactical items will be balanced.

See the thing is, its up to the players to balance things not the devs. The devs are doing a great job by giving us all these different options tbh. You will have to find a counter to other optimal builds. Although some of the sith warrior tacts and amps seem a bit OP

See the thing is, its up to the players to balance things not the devs. The devs are doing a great job by giving us all these different options tbh. You will have to find a counter to other optimal builds. Although some of the sith warrior tacts and amps seem a bit OP

Where have they mentioned anything specific about warrior/knight tacticals? And arent amps supposedly "irrelevant min/maxing random extra stats?"

Where have they mentioned anything specific about warrior/knight tacticals? And arent amps supposedly "irrelevant min/maxing random extra stats?"

Some of the Sorc, and sith warrrior tacts and amplifiers were datamined. I saw them on reddit

It's gonna be bad. When Musco is smiling at the same time he said "pvpers are going to hate this one" during set bonus discussions about madness sorc, you know their head is not in the right place. My main take aways:

1) They're mimicking the success of ESO horizontal progression via set bonuses. That's fine on paper, but...

A) ESO does class and set bonus readjustments on almost a monthly basis, sooner when needed

B) SWTOR is lucky to get a yearly class adjustment, even with community outcry and blatant balance issues

C) The current combat team is going to be vastly behind the curve in addressing the issues

D) People will be driven away from pvp unless they participate in the uneven metas that will emerge

There's other concerns, especially optimization and storytelling issues, but those belong in the general forums.

No dude.. they will be broken and for PVP there won't be much room. Every class will have a standard... most FOTM build that everyone will play and that's it.

What they are planning requires constant patches and adjustments and they haven't done much class balance in all 3 years since 5.0 and honestly ? Class balance for PVP was always one of their weakest points.

I wouldn't expect too much if I were you as you there might be a massive let down awaiting you.

It's gonna be bad. When Musco is smiling at the same time he said "pvpers are going to hate this one" during set bonus discussions about madness sorc, you know their head is not in the right place. My main take aways:

1) They're mimicking the success of ESO horizontal progression via set bonuses. That's fine on paper, but...

A) ESO does class and set bonus readjustments on almost a monthly basis, sooner when needed

B) SWTOR is lucky to get a yearly class adjustment, even with community outcry and blatant balance issues

C) The current combat team is going to be vastly behind the curve in addressing the issues

D) People will be driven away from pvp unless they participate in the uneven metas that will emerge

There's other concerns, especially optimization and storytelling issues, but those belong in the general forums.

I expect the classes that are cannon fodder now to be overpowered supermutants in 6.0.. It has always been like this. why would 6.0 be any different ?

Some of the Sorc, and sith warrrior tacts and amplifiers were datamined. I saw them on reddit

That was sorc and sin I read, both of which are inquisitors/JCs. Is that what you actually mean?

Edit to add: where are you getting that amplifiers are class specific? From what I read, they are "small, min/maxing modifiers too unimportant to be included in balance" additional stats added randomly to every gear piece that can be rerolled for a credits to get a different random small irrelevant but relevant stat.

Edited by KendraP

I expect the classes that are cannon fodder now to be overpowered supermutants in 6.0.. It has always been like this. why would 6.0 be any different ?

I've always thought that PT was only one OP DCD away from being top dawg in dps pvp. If they get that through a set bonus...yeah. They'd be perfect right now with a smaller dcd on a lower cooldown, like cloak of pain.

Bioware Austin doesn't have control of the situation when it's only dealing with the current 100 variables, but set bonuses and tacticals won't add to those variables, they'll multiply them.

Well, I ended my sub (but apparently my "posting cookie" has not expired yet), so my opinion is irrelevant. But...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahaha. Haha. Ha.

Oh, that was great. Thanks for the laugh.

This sounds about right. Hate to say it.

It's like McDonald's chefs telling us they are going to start making meals like Red Lobster, even though they have no supply of all the things needed to make Red Lobster meals properly.

There has to be a structure behind the system, and for this type of system it sounds like a lot of proactive maintenance has to be kept up.

• 1 month later...

Going by from when 5.0 was implemented back in 2016 to now: no.

When it comes to gearing - going by Ossus and Dantooine the answer is no. Gear will be behind of a wall of reputation levels then grinding highly bugged bosses and ranked.

Of course there will be EA's end-game-monetization known as CXP only called RXP which will also drop loot crates... because crates went over well the first time around.

While I appreciate the Ossus and Dantooine along with new maps (minus Yavin's obnoxiously overly loud node cannon fire) and cross faction play - I may have acquired PTSD from gearing all of my alts from the crates then Ossus.

I'm sure there will be the ones who point out how you don't need high end gear to pvp. I will be waiting for you.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Unless healing gets massively nerfed so people....ya know....die.....in pvp and guard gets a complete overhaul to its mechanics? No I don't think it will get better and this whole tact/amps gearing thing is just going to be a nightmare.

Unless healing gets massively nerfed so people....ya know....die.....in pvp and guard gets a complete overhaul to its mechanics? No I don't think it will get better and this whole tact/amps gearing thing is just going to be a nightmare.

There is nothing wrong with healers.

The problem is that the matchmaking is trash and it allows way too many healers in one team compared to the others. If a premade ques with 1 healer, the other 4 randoms can easily be 2 healers + 2 dps or 1 healer + 3 dps or whatever while the other team could have only one heal.

This creates imbalance and the quality of the game will suffer.

THey have to limit the number of heals that get pops and it should be 1 healer / team.... That way people would die again. Sometimes the best PVP Games were the ones where none of the teams had a healer.

Unless devs will start to care about ranked pvp nothing will change. Until they make so that if one team has a healer or tank and another has none the loosing team without a healer/ tank gets no elo reduce or the team with only 3 players against team with 4 players gets no elo on loose nothing will change. There are so many devs can make for pvp in this game - remove class stacking in solo ranked, fix instant kill bugg on roll or force speed near arena gates, make so that in several circumstances loosing team gets no elo reduce (like in cases 3vs4 or without healer/tank) etc.

They just don't care.