Stuck on Macrobinoculars group missions "All The Pieces"

Hello all, I can't find a group for this since most people have been done with macrobinoculars for months. Noone can even help me because you have to be on the mission to be eligible. I would really like to finish the storyline of macrobinocular missions and do the puzzles because they are just pretty fun and for completetion sake. Is it possible to solo or any chance bioware will reduce the difficulty of these missions?

I was just working on this yesterday...very painful to solo, and nearly impossible to complete the final boss solo. You need enough damage to get through all of the probes that he spawns and then do damage against him. Seems like 2 + companions could do this.

Which server are you on, maybe we could team up? Pot5 imp side here.

• 1 year later...
I am pretty sure you do NOT have to be on the mission to help. I distinctly recall helping some guildmates before I even started the macrobinocular quest. I think there are some actions in the quest you can't do, but you can definitely help out.

One of the actions you can't do is a MAJOR screw up on Bioware's part. If someone clicks the panel in the belly of the ships in the traffic phase he will go back to the start and then he can't click the docking pad to get back to the ships. Our healer did that and now I am stuck in the middle of the heroic with no way to finish it besides finding people on the mission. That is next to impossible now. Major **** up Bioware, fix this **** so I can finish this long-*** chain and get my rewards.

First what Server / Faction, I have and Imp on Jedi Covenant that just started this quest line, and a bunch of alts I have yet to do it with.

Second if your healer is stuck outside you could reset the phase and start over with them.

I am pretty sure you do NOT have to be on the mission to help. I distinctly recall helping some guildmates before I even started the macrobinocular quest. I think there are some actions in the quest you can't do, but you can definitely help out.

From what I'd understood, the last part of the chain (The Shroud Revealed or whatever it was) requires people to be on the mission to be able to click the buttons. And there's at least one stage where four people are absolutely required due to tight timing. The questline is a major annoyance because of that.

The original post was from Sept of 2013, so it's doubtful they'll be responding to you anytime soon.

The best idea, if you're stuck on the heroic missions for either of these quest chains, is to post on your SERVER FORUMS asking for folks to join you.

HAHA, Didn't even see that, nice catch. I don't play around on the forums much. Thanks for the guidance.

The easiest way to complete these quests is to simply never do them in the first place. Complete waste of time unless you're a completionist.

Some of the best instance maps in the game (in my opinion, obviously) are in this quest chain and not seen anywhere else. Not a complete waste of time.

I think the best way to do these quests is with 3 friends who meet once a week just to work on them for an hour or two. That's how I completed them.

The easiest way to complete these quests is to simply never do them in the first place. Complete waste of time unless you're a completionist.

This is actually one of the game's best quest-chains, IMHO.

In some ways, maybe even THE best, along with its companion/counterpart, the Seeds of Rage/Dreadseed arc.

And it all flows so wonderfully well, until you get to the final missions, which are explicitly [HEROIC 4], non-solo'able.

And yet, every single mission leading up to those for both arcs, is not only solo'able, but scales to group-size, so if you have some mates to play with, you can bring 'em along, and still get (I presume?) a party-appropriate challenge instead of a grossly over-powered snore-fest.

(I think the Shroud might be, if you can face tank all that DPS...I haven't tried this yet, though I have solo'ed it up to that point after dinging 60, with a few deaths (that sail-barge guy's adds, they can hurt a lot even though they're now "green" to you.) The Seeds of rage one, I don't think can be --one player, it would seem, just can't move fast enough during that "hold-out" scenario early on between the turret and force-field charge-up thingies.)

It all compels the question:

Why such a jarring wrench thrown in the works, especially right on the edge of completion?

Even when new, almost nobody wanted to do these missions, the rewards even then were "okay" at best, and so those final missions have sat in my first/main Merc's quest log for like almost two *********** years.

Yes, I'm a completionist, plus I don't want to invalidate the time I spent doing every-bloody-thing else in those arcs.

Forced grouping --especially in as cheap and ham-fisted a way as this game does it; You'll recall that this asinine garbage first started with Section X's [HEROIC 4] mission-- just drives me up the wall.

Options to group for all/most content, with better rewards, or other good incentives to do so? Always.

Forced grouping? Never.

It's just so....cheap :(

IoW, Yes, these need to have a solo option, which the entire rest of both the arcs give.

Edited by midianlord

• 4 months later...

I've been doing Macrobinoculars solo and have gotten to the H4 Dark Design on Nar Shada. After killing off the droids at the entrance to the location of the transmissions, the entrance area is sealed in by beams and there's a couple of electrostatic generators and an electrostatic discharge emitter that has to be dodged.

Probably I'm just brain dead, but I haven't found a way to attack or otherwise interact with anything in that entrance area once the droids are dead.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please excuse me but it's been a while, I don't know why I am still subscribed to this tread. I think you are talking about an area where there is a long hallway with little rooms. there are 4 places that have to be shot, stabbed, force pushed. they are small one is above a door, I think another is above you. Thing is the Heroics are not just tuned power wise for 4 level 53 - 55 players, you need to hit stuff simultaneously with the other players, meaning you might want to start finding three other people that still need to finish this quest line. Honestly I think it's time for the Devs to consider making this and the seeker quests soloable.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Please excuse me but it's been a while, I don't know why I am still subscribed to this tread. I think you are talking about an area where there is a long hallway with little rooms. there are 4 places that have to be shot, stabbed, force pushed. they are small one is above a door, I think another is above you. Thing is the Heroics are not just tuned power wise for 4 level 53 - 55 players, you need to hit stuff simultaneously with the other players, meaning you might want to start finding three other people that still need to finish this quest line. Honestly I think it's time for the Devs to consider making this and the seeker quests soloable.

yes you can go to the end solo but its very hard to find groups for the Seed or Micro end this should be a Group finder heroic to help players f-2-p or sub finish and enjoy these things that took the team awhile to make for us. right now they are both frustrating and needlessly painful for players finding a wall blocking progress.. needless respawns hurt community fun. further more the mechanic of frogger is bad for people w slow or lag.. connections. less then ideal or perfect connections the dev tm is let down by QA that is not SW TOR people here big time. when you have nice thoughtful CSR they just send you here to find real answers and thus long waits for replies are common.

Edited by SenshiBat

Welcome to the club.

If I had known this mission chain would end up needing a group to complete I never would have started it.

I play on Jedi Covenant, mostly late at night, and it's a freaking graveyard there.

I fought a champion for hours and could never beat it. (eventually he would bomb blast my companion off the barge effectively ending the battle)

BEYOND frustrated.

OMG I think ill start offering help to people with this, just so that people stop complaining about it needing a group :D

I tried to two man the Dread Seed group quest, that did not go well. We got our booties liberally kicked.

As for the titular quest, I managed to solo all the way up to the boss and got knocked off the barge. I did not want to do the platforming again so I wouldn't do that quest again even in a group.

I tried to two man the Dread Seed group quest, that did not go well. We got our booties liberally kicked.

As for the titular quest, I managed to solo all the way up to the boss and got knocked off the barge. I did not want to do the platforming again so I wouldn't do that quest again even in a group.

Heh I did the seed to help a friend not long ago, maybe a month ago. The only problem is the corridor with the turrets, you just need to focus on putting batteries to the guns mainly. It wasnt hard, the boss its on level synced Ilum so that helps you beat the boss, its no challenge at all. Also the boss which drops from ceiling requires companion management as the drops on companions too so you need to place them on the exploding barrels.

You can solo all missions except for the last Macrobinocular cause it really requires 4 ppl to click. The mission before is easy again due to level sync.

Heh I did the seed to help a friend not long ago, maybe a month ago. The only problem is the corridor with the turrets, you just need to focus on putting batteries to the guns mainly. It wasnt hard, the boss its on level synced Ilum so that helps you beat the boss, its no challenge at all. Also the boss which drops from ceiling requires companion management as the drops on companions too so you need to place them on the exploding barrels.

You can solo all missions except for the last Macrobinocular cause it really requires 4 ppl to click. The mission before is easy again due to level sync.

Yeah, it was the swarm corridor that got us. My comp on tank his on DPS and my guildie on heals (he's a very good healer).

That corridor is not about being a hood healer but doing what needs to be done and fast! :)

I'd never done it before and he'd never done it before.

Of course once I noticed the giant glowy turrets were a thing the hoard was upon us.

Ah, well, I'll get back to it one day.