Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bug while trying to reach my companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Bug while trying to reach my companions?

DahrenJex's Avatar


DahrenJex
01.12.2019 , 01:20 PM | #1
I'm at the "Reach your companions" task of "Chapter 2: A Dream of Empire" with a level 60, boosted character. The three skytroopers who spawn at the starting location are all level 70 and kill me within three shots. Well, it used to be three shots. Now it's just one because all of my gear is at 0%. I can't reset the quest, I can't run past them, I can't run away from them, and I can't leave the area. I'm dead within two seconds of respawning. Am I missing something? I cannot progress at all at the moment. (Apologies in advance if this is a rookie mistake.)

DahrenJex's Avatar


DahrenJex
01.12.2019 , 03:45 PM | #2
This is frustrating. I checked YouTube to see if there was something I had been overlooking and I really think this is a bug and not my stupidity. The videos I've seen have those Skytroopers at level 60, not level 70 like those in front of me.

Help!

XaatXuun's Avatar


XaatXuun
01.12.2019 , 03:53 PM | #3
so Valkorion is not healing you at all ?

eta:wait just realized, what you wrote, I don't think you can even scratch anything that's 10 levels above, something is not right

Setokai's Avatar


Setokai
01.12.2019 , 03:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DahrenJex View Post
This is frustrating. I checked YouTube to see if there was something I had been overlooking and I really think this is a bug and not my stupidity. The videos I've seen have those Skytroopers at level 60, not level 70 like those in front of me.

Help!
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1022...me-and-fortune

Missions + NPCs
Level Sync now applies to all Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne Chapters.

and you can exit the area by clicking the button next to the mini map
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player

DahrenJex's Avatar


DahrenJex
01.12.2019 , 04:04 PM | #5
Thanks! Unfortunately, I've already tried to exit the area. I die too quickly and nothing happens when I click the button. /cry

Re: Valkorion healing me, he does but not nearly enough nor quickly enough. Before my gear was shot, his first heal wouldn't hit until I was already on the ground.

tuulem's Avatar


tuulem
01.12.2019 , 06:53 PM | #6
You should be able to immediately run backwards and avoid the skytroopers as soon as you exit the cut scene. If you keep to the right and run along the rocks until you get to the ruined space craft, then swap to the other side and run along the rocks on the left, all the skytroopers should de-spawn as soon as you hit the ground in the next area (where you meet the two enemies from your past). Even if you aggro some of then, keep going. There's a droid near there, which will let you repair your gear.

Once you're actually safe, check to see what chapter difficulty you are on. It sounds like you've managed to change the difficulty off of story mode and into either veteran or master. There's no way those skytroopers should be hitting you so hard in story mode.

DahrenJex's Avatar


DahrenJex
01.12.2019 , 07:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tuulem View Post
You should be able to immediately run backwards and avoid the skytroopers as soon as you exit the cut scene. If you keep to the right and run along the rocks until you get to the ruined space craft, then swap to the other side and run along the rocks on the left, all the skytroopers should de-spawn as soon as you hit the ground in the next area (where you meet the two enemies from your past). Even if you aggro some of then, keep going. There's a droid near there, which will let you repair your gear.

Once you're actually safe, check to see what chapter difficulty you are on. It sounds like you've managed to change the difficulty off of story mode and into either veteran or master. There's no way those skytroopers should be hitting you so hard in story mode.
That worked!! THANK YOU! You're my new favorite person. :-D I did try that before but I turned around to run instead of just backing up. Running backwards per your suggestion is what did it. I was able to exit area to the Republic Fleet and get repairs. I'll give the episode another try when I have some time.

Note that I have the difficulty set on "Master" as I heard the expansion was super easy when it launched. I wanted a challenge but that was crazy. Maybe having it on "Master" requires that I sneak around all of the bad guys instead of taking them head-on?

My thanks to you all! I appreciate the help!

LD_Little_Dragon's Avatar


LD_Little_Dragon
01.12.2019 , 11:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DahrenJex View Post
Note that I have the difficulty set on "Master" as I heard the expansion was super easy when it launched. I wanted a challenge but that was crazy. Maybe having it on "Master" requires that I sneak around all of the bad guys instead of taking them head-on?

My thanks to you all! I appreciate the help!
The expansion is supereasy - on story mode. Even at launch, though, the difficulty jump from story to veteran was insane. Veteran Mode was like trying to run a Veteran Flashpoint solo.

Do the expansion in story mode for the first run through. Vet and Master are more endgame activities, for when you have top-tier gear.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

tuulem's Avatar


tuulem
01.13.2019 , 05:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DahrenJex View Post
That worked!! THANK YOU!
Happy to have helped, but in reading my original post I realised that, once again, I have mixed up my left and right (driving is "fun" with me!). If you want to sneak part the skytroopers, first go to the left, then swap to the right.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
01.13.2019 , 11:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DahrenJex View Post
Maybe having it on "Master" requires that I sneak around all of the bad guys instead of taking them head-on?
Master mode is designed around a full group of 4 players - 1 healer, 1 tank, 2 dps. It's not intended to be run solo.

Even Veteran mode is designed around a 4 player group, although the roles don't matter in that case, and lots of Veteran content can be done solo with a companion if your level/gear is good enough.
________________________________________________
A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.
Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV