Please allow us to space Corso Riggs

Suzume_Bachi

...Niceeeeee...

I think you're just mad because you have yet to turn your Corso into this...

http://i.imgur.com/UVxlM.jpg

Corso LaForge!

BTW, I'm about to romance Risha, should I go for it? feels kinda weird to me, this being an MMO and all... heh, I guess that's what I get after clicking [flirt] everytime it shows.

HAHAHAH! That's the worst haircut ever. Early 80's called and wants their copy of Breakin'2: Electric Boogaloo back. Even worse than the default. It's too bad that skin doesn't also come with a better voice.

I put a huge blast helmet over mine so that I don't have to see his derpy face every time I go to my bridge.

Go for it with Risha. She's a great companion and also appropriate for a smuggler (unlike Derpo)

Edited by Suzume_Bachi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAH! That's the worst haircut ever. Early 80's called and wants their copy of Breakin'2: Electric Boogaloo back. Even worse than the default. It's too bad that skin doesn't also come with a better voice.

Go for it with Risha. She's a great companion and also appropriate for a smuggler (unlike Derpo)

Yep, you're just mad! :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/M4CoD.jpg

I hope this stays "casual" as she said...

Actually, after reading more of these responses, I think the OP is actually serious and not just trolling way too hard...

*inches slowly out of this thread, clutching a knife in one hand while dialing 911 on my cell in the other*

:)

I just want... One. Thing. I want to be able to kill off Corso Riggs.

And I am definitely not alone.

The Twihard brigade is so upset because somehow allowing me to do this will invalidate their fanboi romance with him.

Edited by Suzume_Bachi

And I and definitely not alone.

The Twihard brigade is so upset because somehow allowing me to do this will invalidate their fanboi romance with him.

It's funny that you actually think people like me like Twilight because we like Corso.

I've never seen or read any Twilight anything and have zero interest in it. IRL I'm pissed off, inked up, and have six piercings just in my face. My favorite vampire ever is Armand. I listen to music that would blow the hair off your head (aka Amon Amarth) and I can shred up a guitar fairly well.

Not exactly what you think I am, am I?

But still hot for Corso. :)

It is not what you say that bothers me, it is how you say it.

The way you are acting about this makes my exes look sane.

It is not what you say that bothers me, it is how you say it.

The way you are acting about this makes my exes look sane.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or just be astounded that someone could be so pissed off that some people have the hots for a digital guy made up of pixels... I mean really, I'm all over Doc too, wonder what she thinks of that!

I'm not sure whether to laugh or just be astounded that someone could be so pissed off that some people have the hots for a digital guy made up of pixels... I mean really, I'm all over Doc too, wonder what she thinks of that!

I don't know what she would think, maybe Doc is "manly" enough for her.

And I'm sure Corso is made up of more than pixels. There is some [poorly optimized] code (this is a Biowars game after all) in the mix as well ;P

And as wonderful as Amon Amarth is, I doubt they would blow anyone's hair off. Maybe give them a sore neck, but the hair will be fine :L

Wouldn't it be fangirl romance, not fanboi?

You can't kill off any companions in this game, so how can you blame a character for not leaving when that's how the mechanics work? Even if he was super testosterone laden alpha male, he wouldn't leave no matter how you treated him.

I would liken Corso's character to Alistair's in DAO. There were large camps on each side that either hated or loved him. However, the mechanics of the game let you kill or drive Alistair away. Some people took great pleasure in doing so... and then complained that he was weak because you *could* do so.

I have a feeling if you could do the same to Corso, the ones who dislike him still wouldn't be happy. They would then blame him for the ability to kill or drive him away.

The romance arc with Corso is just about as opposite from Twilight as you can get, so I don't understand the leap between the two. Liking Corso does NOT equal liking Twilight. It makes no logical sense. If there was a twilight story anywhere here, it would be told from Vette's perspective while in love with someone who has life and death control over her.

tl;dr You can't kill him. If you could, more power to you. But you can't, so don't blame the character for game mechanics.

I'm just astounded that someone could be so moved to tears that people don't like their favourite woobie character and will go out of their way to rush whiteknight it the moment anyone dares blaspheme the beloved idol. Look in the mirror, sugar.

Doc isn't a complete useless retarded schlemiel like Derpo and he fits in with quite well with the Jedi world and motivation. Derpo Schlemiel doesn't at all. He belongs with a Jedi or a Trooper or some other rulesmonger.

I find his character and voice so execrable I almost quit playing smuggler completely. This is not a minority opinion.

Someone else being able to kill off the albatross/millstone in no way prevents you from lowering yourself to romance him so stop taking it personally that we don't like the object of your affections like you're doing.

It's utterly hilarious you're so attached to him that you get upset that the rest of us want to kill him off and don't want us to be able to do so.

Okay, let's work out something...

I let you toss corso offboard while on a hyperlane.

You let me scavenge to death that annoying C2-N2.

Deal?

Absolutely. You might need some spare parts for the power converters afterall.

He's still a better, more palatable romance option than Derpo Schlemiel.

But, evidently it's a terrible, tears-and-histrionics tragedy to even suggest to have the option.

Even worse. By having the option we risk the slippery slope that the blessed idol might get more blame for our ability to do so. That's a hilarious and weird argument.

I don't know what she would think, maybe Doc is "manly" enough for her

Doc is awesome and isn't a derpy, SNAG-y loserific schlemiel. It's not about muscles, it's about having confidence and competence. And also not having an annoying voice and terrible dialogue.

Edited by Suzume_Bachi

Haha, mad AND jelly...

Awesome! :p

You'll love this bit:

Remember how terrible and weird it is not to like a character?

It's totally awesome, perfectly normal to have an obsession-fueled infatuational romantic fanfic fapfest. (skip to the end):eek:

Just in case there was any confusion of the motivation for the tearful whiteknighting. ;)

This is the most hilarious thing ever. :D

Edited by Suzume_Bachi

I just finished Act 1, and I think the best part was when Corso asked for Torchy back and I told him no. Go home, Corso!

Hahahaha! Awesome.

We need a "Shut up, Corso" like Star Trek needed a "Shut up, Wesley!"

I want to trade Corso for Blizz. Srsly.

And also THIS. Blizz would be great. I'd romance the robes right off of him.

Edited by Suzume_Bachi

I would liken Corso's character to Alistair's in DAO. There were large camps on each side that either hated or loved him. However, the mechanics of the game let you kill or drive Alistair away. Some people took great pleasure in doing so... and then complained that he was weak because you *could* do so.
Stop that.

Alistair was way cooler than Corso, and never felt the need to prattle on about how swords is for protectin' people and how his family died 'cause his sword was locked up or whatever.

There's some similarities, but there's also similarities between Corso and Carth Onassi (right down to where they stand on the ship), but I think we can all agree that they aren't exactly super similar, either. Corso ain't anywhere near that level of obnoxiousness (or maybe he is if OP is to be believed but in a different way that doesn't involve accusing me of potential treason every five seconds so it doesn't annoy me as much).

I have a feeling if you could do the same to Corso, the ones who dislike him still wouldn't be happy. They would then blame him for the ability to kill or drive him away.
Well I don't like Corso, but I probably wouldn't kill him either. I think OP is a little overboard but I also think the 2-3 of you from the Love Corso thread coming in here to argue is kinda silly.

I was hoping for 5 more pages of ridiculous rants that make me chuckle at their impotent nerd rage and instead I got "I've got piercings and still love Corso" with a side dish of "Vette is creepy."

DISAPPOINT.

The romance arc with Corso is just about as opposite from Twilight as you can get, so I don't understand the leap between the two. Liking Corso does NOT equal liking Twilight. It makes no logical sense.
I didn't do the romance line 'cause I shot him down pretty hard when he was drunk and he hasn't attempted anything else since other than ewing at flirting with Darmas, but even so I'd have to agree with this just on the basis that I doubt Bioware is going to have Corso take apart my spaceship so I can't leave or watch me while I sleep or have my character go into six months of hibernation because he leaves the ship for awhile.

If there was a twilight story anywhere here, it would be told from Vette's perspective while in love with someone who has life and death control over her.
My sith warrior took her shock collar off immediately after leaving Korriban and told her we were gonna be best buds. She told me she felt dumb for not asking earlier. Vette is amazing both in combat and as a general character and I don't get why people gotta be ***** to her.

Though I totally want to make a sith inquisitor of the sith race, just so I can use discipline on Khem Val and watch the giant monstrosity cry from a ***** slap.

Man this post just went all over. Whatever.

Posting 'cause I'm too lazy to log in to the game proper.

Edited by KryloKillian

My sith warrior took her shock collar off immediately after leaving Korriban and told her we were gonna be best buds. She told me she felt dumb for not asking earlier. Vette is amazing both in combat and as a general character and I don't get why people gotta be ***** to her.

I don't mind Vette so much, the only thing that kind of annoys me about her is that she's voice acted by Tara Strong (also known as Rikku from FFX and FFX-2) and she uses her Rikku voice for Vette. If I wanted to hear Rikku, I'd go play FFX. I'm also slightly disturbed that she very very very much resembles Rikku as well - at least with my customization they have the same damn face!

That said, honestly the only reason I come to this thread is to laugh hysterically at the OP's reaction whenever I defend the gorgeous hunk of meat decorating my bridge. It just keeps getting better and better.

Also the comments about Doc fitting in with a Jedi are laughable. In fact, one of the only reasons I ended up romancing him on my sentinel is because *I* find him hot. I have difficulty seeing a Jedi really fall for and break the Code for someone who has

1) slept with Kaliyo (***!), 2) threatened to infect people with a deadly disease just so he can cure it (I'm not a monster, it'd be a weak strain!), 3) Calls her padawan "little miss uptight"

That said, Doc is pretty awesome anyway, and even though there's a few MORE reasons I can think of why a Jedi would be hard pressed to break the code for him, mine did because of *me.*

Though, this was pretty good. I'm not so sure that Rodians have teeth...

I don't mind Vette so much, the only thing that kind of annoys me about her is that she's voice acted by Tara Strong (also known as Rikku from FFX and FFX-2) and she uses her Rikku voice for Vette. If I wanted to hear Rikku, I'd go play FFX. I'm also slightly disturbed that she very very very much resembles Rikku as well - at least with my customization they have the same damn face!

Actually she's done by Catherine Taber who also did the voice for Mission Vao in KotOR. Vette is basically a huge Mission reference.

Actually she's done by Catherine Taber who also did the voice for Mission Vao in KotOR. Vette is basically a huge Mission reference.

Hrm you sure cause my husband looked it up and got Tara Strong. Either way, she sounds like Rikku :p And looks like her. She definitely doesn't LOOK like Mission, she'd have to gain a few pounds.

Edited by silvershadows