[Guide] Lethality and Concealment endgame PvE guide by Invinc

Iwipe

Hey everyone, here is the Operative DPS guide Invinc wrote for my site. It covers both Lethality and Concealment specs

Guide now updated for patch 2.6!

You can find the following contents inside the guides

• Gearing and Stats priority
  • Gearing Overview
  • Ability Explanation
  • Opening Rotation
  • Rotation Strategy
  • AoE rotation priority
  • Video of rotations in action (dummy)
  • Sample Parse Analysis
  • Tips & Tricks

Enjoy and let me know if you have any feedback, comments, suggestions and criticisms. I am sure Invinc will be happy to answer them here or the comments section.

The Republic Scoundrel version is coming shortly :)

Edited by Iwipe

+1

Only thing I can think of adding is that your Hidden Strike decals are actually Backstab ones and that can be confusing for some readers perhaps. I'll be studying the Concealment guide.

Much respect.

Edited by Transmet

+1

Only thing I can think of adding is that your Hidden Strike decals are actually Backstab ones and that can be confusing for some readers perhaps. I'll be studying the Concealment guide.

Much respect.

Oops, thanks for noticing it, I will change it :)

Can you show a parse of Concealment? Wondering if it's viable.

my best parse, both top on the leaderboards are liike 3870 lethality i believe.. and my best concealment has been 3680, but rotation is way harder as well as more complicated to perform in a boss fight, yet it is better than some other classes.

Hmm, I couldnt help but notice in that video, the person was playing click all the abilities, that seems a bit off to me, i have a Steel Series Merc Stealth and use it's gaming area for SWTOR so i dont have to play click the abilities, Is it reccomended to use this for Concealment Operative, or can i still play button presses?

Hmm, I couldnt help but notice in that video, the person was playing click all the abilities, that seems a bit off to me, i have a Steel Series Merc Stealth and use it's gaming area for SWTOR so i dont have to play click the abilities, Is it reccomended to use this for Concealment Operative, or can i still play button presses?

It is better to not click the abilities. The person in the video is used to clicking and it is just easier to show the abilities used.

Basically Invinc is one of the best clickers in the world and can pull ridiculous numbers out of his operative. He is used to clicking since ages, and i don't think it is easy to get there once you became used to binding. So As long as you know what to press/click when, it really doesn't matter. But in the case of an instruction video is quite help full, since you can better follow through the rotation, then if it was done with bindings.

Basically Invinc is one of the best clickers in the world and can pull ridiculous numbers out of his operative. He is used to clicking since ages, and i don't think it is easy to get there once you became used to binding. So As long as you know what to press/click when, it really doesn't matter. But in the case of an instruction video is quite help full, since you can better follow through the rotation, then if it was done with bindings.

most accurate answer ever my friend :)

I'll probably still stick lethality. Concealment's issue wasn't really DPS to begin with. It lacks AoE (and almost every fight this tier involves AoE), it has positional requirements, and being pure melee (vs letth's "Well, I just need melee to shiv) makes it a pain.

It's great for dummy parses, but in a raid?

I'll probably still stick lethality. Concealment's issue wasn't really DPS to begin with. It lacks AoE (and almost every fight this tier involves AoE), it has positional requirements, and being pure melee (vs letth's "Well, I just need melee to shiv) makes it a pain.

It's great for dummy parses, but in a raid?

Concealment had a hard time with dps....It was impossible to sustain. Throwing CG around is nice for aoe numbers, but it's not good aoe dps. Carbine Burst and Frags can be used a lot more than they are. I think Conceal is going to be easily comparable when well played to Lethality. CG padding doesn't make 4/6/36 more 'viable'.

Concealment had a hard time with dps....It was impossible to sustain. Throwing CG around is nice for aoe numbers, but it's not good aoe dps. Carbine Burst and Frags can be used a lot more than they are. I think Conceal is going to be easily comparable when well played to Lethality. CG padding doesn't make 4/6/36 more 'viable'.

Good point. Leth still has stronger AoE (CG > Anything Conc can use). However, bring a Lightning/Madness Sorc and you should be okay with AoE. Marauder's AoE isn't great either, and the nerf to Orbital isn't helping. However, what the nerf does is that it allows more use of Carbine Burst, as Orbital is much cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping someone with a bit more experience can answer/clarify something for me.

Nearing lvl 50 and recently got weakening blast but need clarification on exactly how it buffs Cull. Cull is described as a corrosive attack so assumed that it would buff the damage directly , but ive tried using WB followed by Cull and it does not tick down the buff. I have noticed that when my 2 DOTs are on the target, every Cull now removes 2 ticks.

So my question is this: does the buff to cull come from the "for each of your poison effects present on the target, the target is culled for an additional xxx internal damage" part of the skill. Does it buff that internal damage?

cheers.

Hoping someone with a bit more experience can answer/clarify something for me.

Nearing lvl 50 and recently got weakening blast but need clarification on exactly how it buffs Cull. Cull is described as a corrosive attack so assumed that it would buff the damage directly , but ive tried using WB followed by Cull and it does not tick down the buff. I have noticed that when my 2 DOTs are on the target, every Cull now removes 2 ticks.

So my question is this: does the buff to cull come from the "for each of your poison effects present on the target, the target is culled for an additional xxx internal damage" part of the skill. Does it buff that internal damage?

cheers.

Yes, the buff is applied to the extra damage ticks coming from the presence of your DoTs on the target.