Bioware, pleading while you are looking at Operatives...

Transmet

You are looking at Operatives after several months of brainstorming and I/we certainly appreciate it. Having said that, we also know it'll be a long time before we are revisited given all you have to manage and there are a few key points that, while we have your attention for this patch, would like you at the very least to address:

1) Lingering Toxins bug in the Lethality tree and its Pub mirror. Still no word on its fixing. The overwrite of the weaker version of the dots despite their proper refreshing is endlessly frustrating.

2) Weakening Blast being consumed by other player's poisons. I can't tell you how frustrating this is as a player. The tooltip clearly states the 'Agent's' poisons as in the applier of the debuff to the target. Why am I losing dps especially as part of my class design to use this ability in conjunction with Cull. I believe Sorcs suffer the same problem with Death Field. The difference is, there arent typically more than one sorc dpsing in the operation, but there are usually several snipers using Corrosive Dart (if they are Hybrid Lethality they are getting an insane buff from my WB) on top of other operatives. Usually when I apply my WB my 10 stacks are wiped out almost before my next GCD can come. This is extremely disheartening to play.

Please, while you are looking at us now for 2.6, can you inform us if there is any plan in place or consideration for these issues?

I know you replied a few months ago regarding some of this, just looking for followup:

I assume this also applies to Dirty Fighting Scoundrels as well:

There has been an issue regarding poisons and lethality operatives for some time now that I feel should be brought to BW's attention if it hasn't been already.

I have taken points in Lingering Toxins in the lethality tree and the problem occurs when re-applying corrosive dart and corrosive grenade on the final tick, so as not to clip the ability short, and find that my GCD has been spent, I have lost the energy to apply the poison, yet the ability has not been refreshed. This is not a 'miss'. I have checked my combat logs dozens of times on parses and I am over the 110% threshold of tech accuracy. I can willfully and on command 'miss' this ability if I time it with the last tick of poison on either dart and/or grenade. This shouldn't be happening.

I should not be punished for trying to maximize my damage output by timing my final tick with a refreshing ability.

Regards,

Noire

Thanks for the heads up on this, I will pass it on for investigation!

-eric

Here is the original thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=694423

Thanks

Edited by Transmet

Answers to these questions would be fantastic. The lingering toxins bug is a bit comical in that you are penalized for perfectly applying your poisons in that exact moment that they are changing to the weakened versions. As for the problems with Weakening Blast as a player playing with other Hybrid Snipers/Lethality agents you have to almost change the timing of your culls to make sure you can eat up a majority of your own WB even though you know you are fighting a losing battle.

Looking forward to anything concerning these issues.