Down with cross-server queues!

Darth_Acherus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cross server PvP actually saved WoW's pvp game, it's when the implemented cross server PvE(dungeon/raid finder) that destroyed the community. No body left the main cities other than to complete a couple dailies or farm mats, and even then it was almost impossible to see anything more the 10-15 people per zone

cross server PvP actually saved WoW's pvp game, it's when the implemented cross server PvE(dungeon/raid finder) that destroyed the community. No body left the main cities other than to complete a couple dailies or farm mats, and even then it was almost impossible to see anything more the 10-15 people per zone

While you do understand, I hope, that they overlap slightly it is two different communities right? Most games have a PVE community and a PVP one or else there wouldn't be carebears.

For servers with a competitive community it sucks, for low pops, thanks for ruining our communities because no one wants to play with you.

they are doing something for that, it's called rated WZ's, you can group up with people from your server and play other people from your server if you want to be competitive, otherwise if you are a solo que pvp player like myself(as my guild is strictly pve) and enjoy playing pvp for the fun of it and nothing more, than this is a welcome addition as I normally have a 25-30 min wait in the 50 bracket

Edited by Enjjeha

Dark Reaper has a really nice competitive community, and it is nice queueing up and facing people you know as opposed to seeing a bunch of nameless randoms.

again rated WZ's will be server side, not cross server, as you can not have a rating system with an infinite amount of possibilities. If you want to be competitive do rated WZ's if your just complaining to complain, hate to break it to ya but this feature is making it's way into the game.

It saved WoW you noob!

Ya, after year 5. We're talkin 6 months in here. If you're resorting to this type of drastic measure to save your servers, you're on a downward spiral that cannot be fixed.

BioWare still has the ability to fix this game through content patches and server merges. I really hope they don't force the idea of "we don't care about how people act in our game" to the extreme by allowing cross server PvP, an idea which can literally destroy many facets of gameplay that require accountability for one's actions.

Think of how many LFG dungeons you had gear ninja'd in, or how many idiots you had to deal with (and couldn't teach strategy to due to being cross realm) in bgs because of the lfg system. It's great if you want to completely cater to the casual gamer, but it's also a signal that a game has reached a point where no one really cares anymore.

I would hope this is not how BioWare feels about their game. Although I can't be certain about that, tbh.

again rated WZ's will be server side, not cross server, as you can not have a rating system with an infinite amount of possibilities. If you want to be competitive do rated WZ's if your just complaining to complain, hate to break it to ya but this feature is making it's way into the game.

Don't really care so much about rated wz's. I just like things the way they are.

huh yea 5?? it happend before twisting nether came out i was there im sure it went cross server in the 1st yea due to the forums getting blown up over BG pop times low server populations having no BGs etc what you see on this forum was on wow forums i know i posted for Cross Server BGs

huh yea 5?? it happend before twisting nether came out i was there im sure it went cross server in the 1st yea due to the forums getting blown up over BG pop times low server populations having no BGs etc what you see on this forum was on wow forums i know i posted for Cross Server BGs

It wasn't the first year.

Don't really care so much about rated wz's. I just like things the way they are.

so you like going against the same old players who's tactics never evolve. with cross server you have a much larger scale of player tactics to go against. In the end it makes you a better pvp player as you can witness something other then the same old stuff you are probably seeing right now.

not to mention they are not consolidating the servers, they are expanding the pool in which players are pulled into pvp. meaning faster que times, how that's a bad thing i'll never understand.

Edited by Enjjeha

No cross server cause i think you just need to find a way to merge low pop servers

saying cross server queues will solve things is just dumb if you are making a persistent world MMO your job is to make servers thrive in WZ and out. If you only cater to WZ then thats just admitting that the rest of the game is just a glorified lobby.

News Flash if people cant play what they pay for they leave if WZ dont get cross severed PvP players will just leave, server populations will get further imbalance it just goes down hill can we say Warhammer Online.

Sorry to say WoW found this out hence the reason they went cross server BGs to try to stop the PvP community from leaving. sorry to say if PvP dies this game will die!

No cross server cause i think you just need to find a way to merge low pop servers

saying cross server queues will solve things is just dumb if you are making a persistent world MMO your job is to make servers thrive in WZ and out. If you only cater to WZ then thats just admitting that the rest of the game is just a glorified lobby.

what in the world are you talking about? many people have been asking for this feature to you know balance the warzones. playing huttball for 9 out of 10 matches is getting a little old since alot of servers are either republic or empire heavy. this brings a middle ground to where the WZ que is actually random in which map you will get.

BioWare couldn't even provide us with legitimate server forums. You really think they care about server community at this point?

there are server forums, they left it up to the community to create them and use them for server discussion. but most people use it as a general chat, just like trade chat in wow was the general chat. you can not blame the company that gave actual forum space for the community, but the community for using it for everything else but server related discussions.

there are server forums, they left it up to the community to create them and use them for server discussion. but most people use it as a general chat, just like trade chat in wow was the general chat. you can not blame the company that gave actual forum space for the community, but the community for using it for everything else but server related discussions.

Wait.....

What? o.O