More credits for all : No need for greed.

Poje

This is a tweet wrote today :

Im asking for the augmentation of all credits you get for doing any content in the game, by at least 5 times.

Why?

Well, when you inject RL cash into a game, inflation will follow, that's just normal. And when 6.0 came out, it was obvious that you guys ajusted the price of everything related to that fact. Like removing a 306 mod cost almost 100k credits, lol.

To give you an exemple, i did all Alderan Heroics today and that gave me about 500k credit. So for playing for about 1 hour, im able to remove 5 mods from my armor...

The inflation is there and you guys are making plenty of money and that's good, since w/o money the game would be dead. But realise that the credits that we get for doing normal content is too low right now and need to be augmented.

Like its not logical im selling a 306 chest piece with all mods in it and i get less then 8% of what it would cost me to remove all 3 mods from it.

You guys don't need to be greedy. People will still spend RL cash in SWTOR, even if the normal ingame economy is more realistic.

Thx.

Poje

This is not as simple as you think.

The situation we have now is the result of years of credit exploits. Yes, new players are totaly f*ckd cause they will be gaining credits at a very slow rate compared to players who are playing for years and have hundreds of millions of credits.

However, if you would introduce more credits into the game this would not improve the situation at all. The rich would get richer and the poor would be normal off.

This thinking is wrong. It's like raising the minimum wage to $15.

If on Monday, my customers coming into my shop can't afford to spend more than $3 on a bread loaf because they're only making $7.50 an hour, and then on Friday they're making twice that, well heck! They have the bandwidth now with all that extra cash to buy my bread loaf at $5, maybe even more. I'm raising my prices! And why shouldn't I? I have every right to take advantage of all that extra cash floating around just as much as the next guy.

Overprinting money doesn't make things cheaper to buy; it simply means it takes more of that overprinted money to accomplish the same thing.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I can kind of see his point, the credit yield in comparison to the fixed prices in game (e.g. unslotting, not talking about gtn) is low, but there are also lots of costs that can be avoided:

1. no brainless amplifier rolls

2. do not slot useless shells that you will need to replace later on. you can easily use the unslotted pieces that drop until you can afford a set item shell, maybe balance the stats with an implant to match the important tresholds until then

3. do not extract mods and armorings you want to keep for the future, just keep the slotted items and only extract them if you really want to use them. chances are you are going to drop an unslotted version of that mod anyway

4. simply overwrite stuff that you want to replace, if it's not a dps mod with stat sum 726+/armoring or hilt with gold amplifier/ a good enhancement with rare stats

5. be smart about the augments you need, maybe wait for the incoming crafting patch, trade materials for goods or craft stuff yourself. if you think a full set of 286 augments should be affordable with heroic quests right now that's just unrealistic

these money sinks are going to benefit the ingame economy in the long term

Edited by JackBaum

They've cut the amount of credits you can earn in the game, to the bone. The only real way to make money now is the GTN, or tons of grinding. It might be the cynic in me, but it seems they are doing it to get more people to spend money on CC's to buy cartel stuff and sell it on the market.

This is what they have done by looking and parsing the prices on the GTN, with the influx of JAWA JUNK. Crafting mats and those companion gifts are pretty much worthless. also thus tanking the amount made from Heroics drastically nerrfed. To which the only alternative in making decent Credits is THUS spending more money in the CC store in order to flip items for large amounts of credits. Quite crafty on their part.. I soon predict even the most minute trash cartel item to see an influx of Credit Markup.

There is an easy example to show the credits having real money value. During SoR credit spammers were advertising 10m Credits for $0.03 per... however today we are seeing 100m go for $14.99 ish. That is one hell of a mark up jump in how much the credits have jumped in Value.

Once the company EA/BW sticks a price tag on something and people Tag a credit value to said item. We are never in control of the games Economy they are. How you might ask? CC Store Specific sales on specific items. EA has totally monopolized on the illusion we are making decent credits while the CC coin fountain flows. of course this is based on complete observation but when we are so restricted with credits and we are forced to sub then to find out we end up spending like $100-$300 CC on crates is by far the biggest kick in the smoke the player base has taken.

It isn't just EA however it is pretty much ALL MMO's. Meh. that is my theory and I am starting to think Skyrim or some single player game that only costs $89 and done is about as far as I want to spend any longer in gaming. Sad but True. :mad:

Edited by CKNORTH

This is what they have done by looking and parsing the prices on the GTN, with the influx of JAWA JUNK. Crafting mats and those companion gifts are pretty much worthless. also thus tanking the amount made from Heroics drastically nerrfed. To which the only alternative in making decent Credits is THUS spending more money in the CC store in order to flip items for large amounts of credits. Quite crafty on their part.. I soon predict even the most minute trash cartel item to see an influx of Credit Markup.

You are probably correct about the prices for CM items going up. But I’ve a different perspective as to why.

Because I think more players are buying less on the CM (As per my previous post) in favour of buying direct from credit sellers, there will be less supply on the GTN. This alone will push up prices due to lack of supply.

I can also see the market on the jawa junk start to fluctuate on some items and not others because of demand for certain crafted items and how fast crafters go through their own jawa junk trying to top up their own stock.

I do think the jawa junk conversions will be lower and you won’t be able to make ridiculous amounts of credits off small amounts of junk, like we have been since the expansion. But I do think there are still credits to be made as long as you can identify the right mats to buy.

As you say, the gift market has died, but I’ve seen some good returns still from other items used to craft. Yes the conversion has dropped significantly, but others have increased, like colour crystals used for dyes and Sabre crystals.

Since I stopped crafting dyes this last week and started to off load my mats, I’ve been able to make a hefty sum of credits on all the mats.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

With this expansion there has been an increase of credit spammers, more than normal for an expansion. Add the increased prices they are selling the credits for (which I didn’t realise), makes you wonder how much they are impacting Biowares own cash store?

If these credit sinks are too arduous for the casual or normal players, they are left with 3 choices.

1. Stop playing because it’s no fun

2. Buy CM stuff from the cash shop to flip on the GTN

3. Buy credit ps direct from gold spammers

Let’s leave 1. out of this convo for the time being and just focus on players paying to support the slow amount of credits they can earn in the game so they can afford the credit sinks.

If you decide to buy and flip on the GTN, you take a risk of picking the wrong item, not getting a fast sale and not selling for the price you expect for $$ investment.

If you buy from a 3rd party, you take a risk of being caught because it’s against the ToS, but you also know exactly how much your $$ convert to in game credits. We all know Bioware can take 3-6 months to round up the credit sellers and buyers. But most of the buyers slip through the net because the sellers learn from last mistakes and know how to mask the transfers.

So here is the conundrum. If players have $$ to spend to “buy credits” through flipping CM items or buying from credit sellers, what are they choosing? There is obviously a risk of some sort choosing either method.

If I had to guess, I would say the credit sinks are more than liking encouraging more people to buy credits from spammers. This in turn is hurting Bioware financially because less people are not spending on the CM.

To put it Bluntly some of the prices in the store are so inflated like give me a break at the lightsabers for 5200CC Really $49 for pixels??? not in this budget... or even at sale prices for guild renames 1800CC?? it is insane. the conversion isn't worth it either. and frankly I am at the point where the good old one time purchase for $89 or less for a AAA Steam single player game for even 10 hours of enjoyment is more bang for the buck... Sorry to say EA/BW

Edited by CKNORTH

They've cut the amount of credits you can earn in the game, to the bone. The only real way to make money now is the GTN, or tons of grinding. It might be the cynic in me, but it seems they are doing it to get more people to spend money on CC's to buy cartel stuff and sell it on the market.

Yep, that's the greed.

Bit of an idea they could add a legacy perk ranks 1-5 like they do as the experience perks that amplify the credit drops and trash item values based on such a ranking system... just a thought :D Edited by CKNORTH

Bit of an idea they could add a legacy perk ranks 1-5 like they do as the experience perks that amplify the credit drops and trash item values based on such a ranking system... just a thought :D

lol, dont give them bad ideas!

I've read the other comments and alot of you come from the perspective of an old player that has alot of credits already or means to get some. Personaly, im like you guys, im a founder and im rich.

But i have guildies and a RL friend that are not and its clear that the game is built right now to encourage the spending of RL money and its ok, to a point.

In 6.0 they went too far.

Btw i saw worst then that in other F2P games, but i dont want SWTOR to become like those games and demanding a minimum of 60$ per month or insane amount of play time to have decent credits.

lol, dont give them bad ideas!

I've read the other comments and alot of you come from the perspective of an old player that has alot of credits already or means to get some. Personaly, im like you guys, im a founder and im rich.

But i have guildies and a RL friend that are not and its clear that the game is built right now to encourage the spending of RL money and its ok, to a point.

In 6.0 they went too far.

Btw i saw worst then that in other F2P games, but i dont want SWTOR to become like those games and demanding a minimum of 60$ per month or insane amount of play time to have decent credits.

well I am not flowing in credits and I have been subbed for over 6 years since launch with about a year break, but keeping it where it is now for free players and having them earn more the more they play I think is pretty fair deal. I think it would keep the incentive to keep playing. Legacy takes a long time to cap lets make it worth it... :)

well I am not flowing in credits and I have been subbed for over 6 years since launch with about a year break, but keeping it where it is now for free players and having them earn more the more they play I think is pretty fair deal. I think it would keep the incentive to keep playing. Legacy takes a long time to cap lets make it worth it... :)

the problem is, it's the newer players who are struggling with the credit sinks, nnot the older, a legacy perk would only benefit the older players. Plus, if they did introduce it, they'd probably nerf the cred awards/drops again, to stop anyone at perk 5 getting too much :/

the problem is, it's the newer players who are struggling with the credit sinks, nnot the older, a legacy perk would only benefit the older players. Plus, if they did introduce it, they'd probably nerf the cred awards/drops again, to stop anyone at perk 5 getting too much :/

Right on the money. :)