Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Background: I'm level 50. I stopped doing story after Voss (only Class Mission locations and Corellia left). My Kira affection is almost 8k (10k is the max). I am bugged like most here.

Let's do the list regarding Kira and the Jedi Knight story line, very mild spoilers ahead:

1) Kira is the major motivation for the Defector mission. Enough said.

2) Kira is the only romance option for the Knight

3) Kira is the only other Jedi that follows the Knight (the melee tank excluded, obviously)

4) When Doc flirts with Kira on Balmorra, you get the option to say "She's spoken for", to which Kira replies "Yeah, but he doesn't need to know about that." Awkward considering she hasn't spoken to me once.

5) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 1. Darth Angral, you, Kira... very major story stuff.

6) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 2. When you earn the Indomitable title.

I have done Belsavis and Voss, both with Doc mostly. Considering how much Kira was weaved into the main story line thus far, I have stopped doing missions and am waiting for the fix. AGAIN, not having any Kira interaction is killing the R and the P in the games RPG factor (and this is why I dismiss those who say "Kira doesn't effect the story". Because it certainly effects MY story.)

***EDIT*** Woot! This is the 600th post. Come on Devs! Hear our Roar! I bet you guys already fixed the bounty hunter stuff....

Edited by Vengillian

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Background: I'm level 50. I stopped doing story after Voss (only Class Mission locations and Corellia left). My Kira affection is almost 8k (10k is the max). I am bugged like most here.

Let's do the list regarding Kira and the Jedi Knight story line, very mild spoilers ahead:

3) Kira is the only other Jedi that follows the Knight (the melee tank excluded, obviously)

4) When Doc flirts with Kira on Balmorra, you get the option to say "She's spoken for", to which Kira replies "Yeah, but he doesn't need to know about that." Awkward considering she hasn't spoken to me once.

5) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 1. Darth Angral, you, Kira... very major story stuff.

6) Kira is again a critical component in the end of Act 2. When you earn the Indomitable title.

I have done Belsavis and Voss, both with Doc mostly. Considering how much Kira was weaved into the main story line thus far, I have stopped doing missions and am waiting for the fix. AGAIN, not having any Kira interaction is killing the R and the P in the games RPG factor (and this is why I dismiss those who say "Kira doesn't effect the story". Because it certainly effects MY story.)

I wish there was a LIKE button for this. BIOWARE, WAKE UP.

Guess that reinforces my decision to not finish Act 1 till the bug is fixed.

I want my legacy name -__-

I'll even accept rolling back my class quest progress to the defector if that is even possible.

***EDIT*** Woot! This is the 600th post. Come on Devs! Hear our Roar! I bet you guys already fixed the bounty hunter stuff....

^I'm supporting this guy. I'm level 36 at the moment, and I won't continue with my Knight until this is fixed, as Kira's also a big part of MY story. I'm really hoping it will be fixed soon, and as some of the BioWare officials said in a post, we should see if there's any change in the following days, hopefully, that means we won't have to wait weeks. I'm just hoping BioWare got this on the priority list. Jedi Knight is one of the most played classes on the Republic side, we need a fix!

I agree this is just out of control now.. I did the Darkside Flirt then tell the Council and I am bugged also.

Luckily I have not finished my storyline for ACT 1 I would happily rollback my storyline to Defector. I have done all of Tatooine also but I happily would redo it.

Alright, I did some checking, and the Kira Carsen bug is one of the top-priorities at the moment. My source was the Known Issues thread, which was updated the 27th. Below, is the post by Amber Green, the Live Community Coordinator. I've highlighted the info about Kira.

"Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

This list of known issues was last updated on: December 27th, 2011

For the Sith Warrior mission "A New Master", defeating Teeno first will prevent players from speaking to Phyne to progress as intended.

Workaround: Sometimes, players can leave the mission phase and enter again, which may allow for Phyne to be selected. If she is not, players will need to abandon the mission and complete the fight again, this time ensuring Teeno is not defeated first.

For the Bounty Hunter mission “A Dangerous Auction”, female Bounty Hunters may be unable to progress when attempting the step: “Speak With Juda.”

When using the Master Looter grouping feature, players currently cannot assign loot to other people in the group (normal or Operations groups) when that loot is from a chest and will receive the message: "Access denied."

When grouped with another character of your same class and while inside a Class Phase, looting may request players to roll for loot rather than giving it to the player automatically. This happens most often when group members are not within the proper proximity to be eligible for the items. Note that the window may require more than one roll attempt, but the appropriate player will receive the loot after about 30 seconds.

Sorting within the guild window can cause members in the roster to disappear from the list.

Workaround: Sort by guild member name to ensure that the full guild roster appears as intended.

The loading screen that prompts “Press spacebar to continue” will not function properly if the command for “Jump” has been remapped to another key in player preferences.

Workaround: If the command is not bound, players will need to exit the game using Alt+F4 or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete to pull up the Task Manager. Upon returning to the game, players will need to bind the jump key. Players should use the remapped key to progress when at the loading screen.

Players on Taris may experience significant performance degradation or game client crashes under some circumstances.

Workaround: Players can press "L" to bring up tracked missions. Selecting “Untrack” for each Taris mission and then closing the window should increase performance.

Player groups are not currently able to have more than one active Flashpoint. If your group has recently entered a Flashpoint and attempts to enter a different Flashpoint, players will see a message prompt. The message will incorrectly state that you cannot enter because of a different difficulty selection, but it is actually because the first Flashpoint is still active.

Workaround: The group leader must right click on his or her portrait and select reset all active Flashpoints from the context menu. Then you should be able to enter. Note that you can only reset Flashpoints once every 5 minutes. If the party leader recently reset, players will need to wait for the timer or leave the group and create it again using a different leader before resetting the active Flashpoint from the context menu.

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

Upon launch, graphics preferences will always display as "Low" even if actual in-game settings are higher due to automatic preference detection.

Workaround: Individual preferences will display properly once modified and saved."

Hmm... the patch that was released yesterday, the 27th, stated it was a weekly patch... Perhaps we'll get another patch next Tuesday that fixes the problem then, or maybe they figure it out before that time, and gives us a hotfix. They've been working on it for a while now, they must be close to a solution...

It fixed the bug for new Jedi Knights. Not us who already passed it.

So those who already passed it (ie those who preordered and make up the majority of the JK population) are screwed. Lovely.

Edited by I-DEJ

So those who already passed it (ie those who preordered and make up the majority of the JK population) are screwed. Lovely.

I wouldn't say screwed... They say they're going to fix it for us who's passed it as well. (And they better, they can't force us to reroll our Knights)

I wouldn't say screwed... They say they're going to fix it for us who's passed it as well. (And they better, they can't force us to reroll our Knights)

well they can.. just nop one will like them for it really...

I had a flirt with her around the time I first got my ship and that lead to her saying something along the lines of well.. that was unexpected.. and it was a DS flirt, after that one time when i was on nar shaddaa an icon popped up that said she wanted to speak to me on my ship so I went to the ship and she didn't want to speak to me..well it was the hanger bay that the icon disappeared.

just wondering is this the glitch you're all talking about or is this a new problem? :S

Edited by Timberwinger

True. They can't make us reroll our Knights but they make us want to as we wait for them to fix it. I've already finished Chapter 1 and locked in my legacy name so I could just make another JK without the bug. However, I keep thinking about the 30+ levels and 15+ days of memories and work I've put into my current character.

True. They can't make us reroll our Knights but they make us want to as we wait for them to fix it. I've already finished Chapter 1 and locked in my legacy name so I could just make another JK without the bug. However, I keep thinking about the 30+ levels and 15+ days of memories and work I've put into my current character.

and just running through it again playing space bar rumble and skipping past all the miner details = not fun :(

and good gravy man, your font color makes my eyes bleed

any blue on this forum is bad just like orange/red on Cata's forums

Edited by Timberwinger

It fixed the bug for new Jedi Knights. Not us who already passed it.

I was referring to the part where it says something along the lines of "Players who are already experiencing this bug will have to wait for a patch."

Not saying, wait till after we patch the initial issue, just wait for a unspecified future patch that may or may not be the one coming up.

**** this ****. Just **** it. I'm rerolling a new Jedi Knight. I'm sick and tired of waiting for Bioware to stop derping over a gamebreaking bug that should not have survived the beta process. My mates are now all 40+ and I'm missing out. I left my Jedi Knight at level 28 so I'm kind of lucky compared to most Jedi Knights who are affected here so I'll stomach my pride and reroll. Sure I have a level 22 Commando which I created to pass the time in hope of a bug fix last patch but that didn't happen, but I want to experience the game first hand as a Jedi Knight in the fullest, that's why I made one in the first place!

Bioware you should be ashamed. Truly this is a wonderful game you have made, but your carelessness has led to a significant portion of your customers having their game experience ruined. I don't care for server queues or graphical bugs, all that is excusable. But this? This gamebreaking bug was thrown in your face during beta and you did nothing. That is NOT excusable. This has after all, been a very very awful launch experience for me.

Guys, call the customer support toll free number.. Call the one where you're having trouble with patching. (that should be #1). As this patch was supposed to fix it but didn't, its a broken patch, not an in game issue. Keep calling them, if you nag them enough they'll hotfix it instead of waiting another week.

Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

I volunteer to have my character reset to the point in time the bug happens!! The Quest the Defector!! Send me back!!! Critical data could be found by reseting the character quest :)

Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

It's nice to hear this the second time today, but can't you give any estimation? I'm mean there a two possibilities. First, the developers have no clue where to find or how to fix this bug, therefore, no one could tell us how long this would take. Second, they know where the bug is and therefore it would be overwhelming to take a clearer estimation than "you have to wait". I mean, i work as a software engineer and it is hard to imagine for me, that nobody at BW have an idea how to fix this problem.

lol why change the colour at all? white is perfect

I change the color because I hate looking at white the whole time. If I could, I would assign a color to everyone so that I can keep up with someone's posts based on color alone and to make reading the forums more enjoyable.

Since this is a second post "not on topic" I'll add the following:

Kira is vital to the feel of the Jedi Knight experience. It's not our fault that Bioware has made her a main element in our story and then has a bug that has yet to be repaired (although it has been addressed right above me). It is a story breaking bug that also brings into question how the repair will affect the game. Will all those conversation come in at once? Will I be sitting there for an hour talking to Kira about current events that have in fact passed? Will I even get my past conversation back at all?