Lack of Assault build info...

I've recently started leveling a Commando (pvp and class quests) and I am surprised at the lack of Assault build/play info on the forums. Am I missing something? I do pretty average in pvp, no where near as well as with my KC Shadow but that is to be expected at my current lvl and experience playing a new class. Is Assault not a viable build?

Assault is perfectly viable for PVP though I personally prefer Gunnery for PVE and preferred it leveling. I have only ever used the assault build in PVP and prefer it to gunnery, but I alternate between the two depending on how much PVE I'm going to be doing.

Rotation is really simple.

Incendiary Round > High Impact Bolt > Assault Plastique > Full Auto > High Impact Bolt.

Hammer shot for 2 GCDs throw out the odd Charged Bolts if you can, rinse and repeat. It's a simple build, but I will say that there are a lot of places to put your talent points. After playing around with different stuff I've focused on the following build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800fhrbzGGMsZ0cZMck.2

Rotations in PVP are kinda silly anyway actually but basically you're going to set them on fire with Incend Round, immediately HiB and then immediately FA to try to proc IA. If it procs follow it up with another HiB. WIth an AP thrown in for good mix this is pretty nice burst.

In my opinion it really is the best PVP spec we have but the problem is that we're just not a great PVP class and vanguards do it better (this is NOT to say Commandos can't do well in PVP. There are several people on these forums who can tell you they're perfectly viable, but the class has problems).

I'll take gunnery against anything in PVE though.