Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need to pick up some Crew Skills - Help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Need to pick up some Crew Skills - Help

BonnerFett
11.14.2019 , 08:46 AM | #1
I'm a returning player. I mostly PVP but also do run some FP's.

I have a Sin and a Sniper. Never really got into professions. Looking to start now. Can anybody provide me with some info on what professions to pick up that might benefit me in pvp? If no PVP benefits, are there any professions that are benefical. Basically, I'm a crafting noob. Need some help on where to start.

Any info is much appreciated.

UltraFlashStar
11.14.2019 , 08:57 AM | #2
If it’s just for pure PvP, choose Cybertech or Biochem.

Cybertechnicians create grenades which are useful in PvP (such as an extra stun, slowing, etc). Biochem scientists make reusable medpacks and stims (can only be used by Biochem, but there are non reusables which are good for non Biochem).
Coppes Spacer
“Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.”

BonnerFett
11.14.2019 , 10:05 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
If it’s just for pure PvP, choose Cybertech or Biochem.

Cybertechnicians create grenades which are useful in PvP (such as an extra stun, slowing, etc). Biochem scientists make reusable medpacks and stims (can only be used by Biochem, but there are non reusables which are good for non Biochem).
Guess I should also add that I just hit gear level 306. Working on set bonuses.

Is there a website that details the crew skills? I looked at Dulfy.net and it hasn't been updated in a while.

Void_Singer
11.14.2019 , 12:52 PM | #4
currently grade 11 crafting is a mess, hopefully most of which will be fixed in decembers patch..

... as such it's really hard to write advice on it other than "gather materials and sell them to suckers for huge profits"

TBH I've never seen a good guide on crafting ever... all of them tell you what crew skills go with what, but none of them tell you what you'll make, how to price it, etc.... and it's a REALLY long topic to get into for a forum post so I'll just give you the cliff notes version

pick a crafting skill, get the crew skills that go with it, run crew skill missions that are orange or yellow to level those up, craft "assembly components" that are orange or yellow or green untill you can buy the next one to level that up, once you hit 600 with each, pay 500k for each skill to be able to continue leveling to 700.

If you don't plan to craft, choose biochem, slicing, and underworld trading... buy the materials you need to level Biochem from GTN, only level slicing and underworld trading if you want something you companions ccan do to get you free stuff to sell on GTN for decent money. after leveling biochem, buy the reusable stims/adrenals/medpacs, and never bother with it again.

if you want to be a real crafter.... prepare to sink a lot of money in. you'll want 6 fully unlocked strongholds (more conquest = more rare conquest materials) and 8+ max affection (for the crit rate) companions (currently 4.77mil each on the cheap side via purple gifts) for at least 2 different characters (because one has to have slicing) . Any two crafts that are NOT cybertech can be profitable, although biotech (reusables, and consumables), and Artifice (mostly dyes), are the LEAST profitable for time spent... the other 3 make augments... expensive to make but they sell well.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.