Stronghold basics

JediQuaker

In light of the current hints about an Alderaan Stronghold, and my post about the un-official data-mined "preview", I thought I would write a little bit to the "devs" about what I'd like in a Stronghold** that acts as a "home":

1. Location. I don't really care where, as long as it's climate is basically spring/summer. No perma-winter or perma-rain, etc.

2. It should have at least one large exterior area that can be used as a "garden".

3. At least one starship hook.

4. It should have multiple medium sized rooms with operating doors, that can be used as bedrooms, tech labs, etc. The rooms in the Tatooine SH are a good example. Yavin 4 is a bad example.

5. Some area that can be used as a "party space" for a bar, seating, etc.

6. Vertical walls that can accept normal wall hooks.

7. Horizontal ceilings which can take normal light fixtures.

8. A "zone in" area, indoors, that has room for the basic QoL items like Storage, Medics, GTN terminal, etc. (like Coruscant, Tatooine, etc, not like Yavin.)

**Besides the Garage/Zoo I've also suggested.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...
1. Location. I don't really care where, as long as it's climate is basically spring/summer. No perma-winter or perma-rain, etc.

Where do you live that spring isn't perma-rain?

Also, that phase of autumn where the (deciduous) trees are turning / have just turned (think of playable Voss outside the Nightmare Lands) would be good, too.

"Perma-rain" was a reference to the D.K. stronghold. I'm not sure what season it is there, or if DK even has "seasons". 😊

For sure, but everywhere I've ever lived has seemed exactly like that in spring, perma-rain. (The late Mrs Cynic, in contrast, was born in El Paso, TX, and spent most of her youth in the American Desert Southwest, where perma-rain is the description the least likely to be accurate, and there are in fact only two seasons: hot and very hot.)