Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proposition to add utility to Armstech and Artifice

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Proposition to add utility to Armstech and Artifice

strangelovebomb
02.20.2012 , 05:47 PM | #1
I've been stalking this forum for a while now hoping someone had figured out how to make Armstech useful post-50. So far, nada. So here's an idea that wouldn't be too difficult to implement:

Give Armstech the ability to make consumable gun power-ups. These would be just like Bio consumables except they would effect the weapon currently equipped. You could make them give different stats or even a damage bonus.

Give Artifice the ability to make consumable saber power-ups. They would work identically to the gun power-ups.

Give ALL crafting professions the ability to craft an item repair kit. Whatever profession makes that item can also make a repair kit for it. These could be used anywhere, allowing players to fix their broken equipment w/out having to find a vendor.

I realize this would cut into the credit sink systems that are already in place, to counter act that I wouldn't be opposed to adding a cost to being revived at your location (NOT for being revived at the nearest med center). I know that will annoy some people, but if the credit sink is necessary, it seemed like a logical choice. It costs more to send an ambulance to you than it does to drive to the hospital...........

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I think its a good idea, so I'm gonna suggest it again.

evoleye
02.20.2012 , 06:02 PM | #2
Oh nice idea's on the pups... straight from SWG.

I'm sure it would take tons of hours to make it happen, but they really should just make 100's and 100's of different style orange weapons. Let the cybertechs provide the upgrades but just let the weaponcrafters of both flavors give the community TONS of different looks.

Spero-Mcgee
02.21.2012 , 01:20 AM | #3
I don't see why not, wow had oils from alchemy for caster weapons and sharpening stones and such from blacksmithing for swords. Same idea could be used here.
I do remember though that when wotlk came out no new oils and such were added so I guess they didn't like it anymore.