been hearing rumors

JJOtterBear

Yes, please kill this horrible failure of a "game" and give us KotOR3 with multiplayer mode that we were entitled to from the beginning and ditch the cheesy crap "story" that was established here all together and hire Chris Avellone.

There's very little you're entitled to in life, and it certainly isn't a video game. If you want KoTor 3 to happen, get off your azz and make it happen. Go apply to the company, throw a bunch of money into potential development or develop it yourself.

If you don't like this game, move on, it's not complicated. ;)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the game has problems (I’m certainly vocal about), I would never ask them to shut it, even if they released a new one.

Too many people have invested a lot of time and money in this game to just throw it out the window.

So as they say, don’t let the door hit you as you depart.

It's been almost ten years were they jumped opportunities for another kotor game in favor of this one and obviously as everybody can see who isnt totally delousional about this game it isn't getting any better. Quite the opposite instead.

Don't worry. Once they shut it you get a private server where one or other two players are on the same planet with you at the same time so it will feel exactly as sterile as it feels now. Edited by bluroq

Don't worry. Once they shut it you get a private server where one or other two players are on the same planet with you at the same time so it will feel exactly as sterile as it feels now.

Damn, I really wish I could run into that, it's been hell trying to do the Coruscant Heroics for all the people that aren't playing... On 4 maps this afternoon.

One of the best things that came out of the 80's videos, and that was the ZZ Top vids. One thing about their videos, they weren't shy about flaunting certain aspects of the music world. :cool:

Yeah … pretty much …

ZZ for me is about as extreme as it gets...

Unless you count this as extreme:

:D

EDIT: … hang on a second !!

(hears annoying bug flying around head...… swats at fly... NOTHING >>> FLY STILL flying around head... )

Let me take care of this !

(grabs super bug spray can … aims … sprays !! Bug coughs … GROWS larger !)

YIKES ! :eek:

Grabs old fashion fly swatter !!

WHACK !!!

(bug guts splatter all over the place !!)

Now then …

OH TRIXX !! To answer your question … NOPE !! Not even the slightest. I do, however get annoyed sometimes when things get out of hand ! And truthfully … I just need to chill at times.

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Honestly with them focusing on remaking Anthem and them working on DA4 we are more then likely going to just get a skeleton crew again that is going to give us piss all like we got the last few xpaxs where they were working on Anthem.

Honestly to me it is just sad how far this MMO has fallen from grace it used to pump out great content for everyone be it the solo player, ops player and pvp player now it seems to once again be focused on the solo players again because that is the cheapest and easiest content to make since everyone just slurps it up since it's starwars.

This is well and truely to me more then likely the end of the game we got promised alot to come back and try the game, we were promised new PvP maps, new Ops and new story well we have gotten bugger all PvP maps got a few balances which ****ed over powertechs, like 2 Ops in like 3 years, and maybe like 2 hours of new story yeah this is in maintenance mode and has been the last few years any time a game puts scaling on every bit in the game it's more then likely a sure fire sign they are heading that way since they want to extend every bit of content they have to try and lengthen the game so they don't have to develop much.

Lol someone been paid to spread false rumors so their own crap copy paste mmo can get some subs ?

Most old MMO's are still around, its the new ones who continue to fail. SWTOR has a steady community and lately it has been growing due to serie and movies but also because people come back as the grass is never greener.

It depends on how you define "maintenance mode." I would argue we have been in maintenance mode right after the release of 5.0. Content is extremely slow, and mostly mediocre. If you define maintenance mode as zero content, we probably will never get there. Not never ever, but there is always going to be enough Starwars fans who play the only Starwars MMO to keep the lights on.

I think the biggest issue with Swtor right now is the business model. The subscription mode only works if you have millions of subs. Otherwise, you are just gating the game from possible potential players, and losing revenue. The current mediocre F2P system, even if manage to get some players in, the limitations are unlikely to keep them around or get them to sub. Most MMOs in Swtor life age category tend to be F2P with focus on making money through cash shop. With possible one time purchase for expansions.

Lol someone been paid to spread false rumors so their own crap copy paste mmo can get some subs ?

Most old MMO's are still around, its the new ones who continue to fail. SWTOR has a steady community and lately it has been growing due to serie and movies but also because people come back as the grass is never greener.

Couldn't have said it better.

We're not dying … far from it !. And as soon as we get some more bugs squashed we'll be doing much better. (please note: several are on their way out the door with the next patch !!)

Room for improvement: YES ! ( As long as we don't loose sight of a proper perspective of what really means !! )

Yes... there is and always be new challenges to tackle every day !! That's life.

Failure to recognize those challenges and attempt to meet them head on … that's death !

that 6.1 is going to be the last big update to the game, and that maintenance mode is coming. welp, it had a good run boys! maybe the next SW mmo will be even better!

Hey, I heard a rumor that Disney is going to stop throwing garbage at us, and that Jar-Jar Abrams is finally going to have an idea that's actually original AND good. Clearly, I don't put much stock into rumors.

Mind you, what you're posting isn't a "rumor." Reading something on a website that scares you into the hellish nightmare of a thought that (*gasp*) you might actually have to play a different game...yeah, that's not a rumor. That's just some knucklehead posting nonsense on the internet...kinda like what you did.

People here and there have been saying since 2011 that the end is nigh. Yawn.

It depends on how you define "maintenance mode." I would argue we have been in maintenance mode right after the release of 5.0. Content is extremely slow, and mostly mediocre. If you define maintenance mode as zero content, we probably will never get there. Not never ever, but there is always going to be enough Starwars fans who play the only Starwars MMO to keep the lights on.

I think the biggest issue with Swtor right now is the business model. The subscription mode only works if you have millions of subs. Otherwise, you are just gating the game from possible potential players, and losing revenue. The current mediocre F2P system, even if manage to get some players in, the limitations are unlikely to keep them around or get them to sub. Most MMOs in Swtor life age category tend to be F2P with focus on making money through cash shop. With possible one time purchase for expansions.

I liked Ossus and Onslaught so i don't agree its mediocre.

Or as a famous South Parkian one said “I’m not fat, I’m big boned” :cool:

Why even say the obvious though? Maybe just say "thyroid." That will not only explain the situation but garner more empathy than giving people a physical description of oneself, like "big-boned" etc.

Why even say the obvious though? Maybe just say "thyroid." That will not only explain the situation but garner more empathy than giving people a physical description of oneself, like "big-boned" etc.

Dude, you are missing the joke. Don’t you watch South Park? That first episode with Cartman getting an alien anal probe and he keeps saying he’s big boned.

And when you say “big boned”, you have to imagine the way he says it 😎

Let’s not forget “beefcake 2000”... “Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake! Beefcake”

“ I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body.”

“ I can't lose weight, Butters, because I'm not fat, I'm big-boned. You can't slim down bones, stupid!”

You also have a SW reference

Cartman: “Go back to Endor, you stupid Wookie!”

Kyle: “Wookies don't live on Endor”

Some family favourites

“They're not people! They're hippies!”

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Dude, you are missing the joke. Don’t you watch South Park? That first episode with Cartman getting an alien anal probe and he keeps saying he’s big boned.

Let’s not forget “beefcake 2000”... “Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake! Beefcake”

“ I can't lose weight, Butters, because I'm not fat, I'm big-boned. You can't slim down bones, stupid!”

Some family favourites

Uh-Oh, I didn't intend to go in that direction. :eek: Was just trying to be funny.

*stands in corner...* I think I'll stop now.

Uh-Oh, I didn't intend to go in that direction. :eek: Was just trying to be funny.

*stands in corner...* I think I'll stop now.

You're cool...

This younger generation just need a little "help" from time to time...

(see's questionable look on faces ... )

(using voice of Maxwell Smart) OK... Perhaps they need a little more structure ....

NO ??? .... I see ...

(still using same voice trying to explain further ) ... Would you believe .... (interrupted with additional looks from everyone else ...)

Never mind ... I think I'll join you !

Some family favourites

I appreciate South Park's humor to a degree, but it never took long before I got annoyed with the high pitched, squeeky kid voices. Plus the humor often went the toilet humor route sometimes and for that I wasn't all that impressed.

I can see why people loved it so much, it just was not my cup of tea, and still is not. I like the fact the creators are bold with some of their topics, though. I just never could enjoy the aesthetics of South Park, that's the best way to put it.