Rakghoul Event Crystal

Ezenthor

You know, I understand why people wanted the black-green crystal. It's a really cool crystal, everyone wants it right?

At the same time, the original event happened during a time when Bioware was dead and internally restructuring. (Yes the firing of staff was announced a few months later, but come on, the real reason we had no content that summer was because no one was developing anything).

That being said those of us who were around supporting the game during that time were doing so by remaining subscribers. We were there for the event. Yes many people missed the event and didn't get the crystal? You know what? So what. You should have stuck with the game through the thick and thin. You joined once you didn't have to pay money or started playing after it became more popular? So what. MMOs do it all the time. Most MMOs do it by removing older items every expansion.

I thought I got that crystal color because we were supporting this game through a time when it was going through a rough patch. I guess I was wrong. Time and time again this company has not supported veteran players or players who have supported this company since beta. We got a title that no one cares about. We got the digital collectors edition which was re-released for five dollars... Come on. Support the players who have been here for you. 500 cartel coins a month as a subscriber is a joke. I'm sure a great number of people who were pre-order babbies or were around after but never got to do the event are going to complain. You don't really have a right to. You should have been there. But please, flame on underneath me. It'll fall on deaf ears as far as I and most of the people who actually did the event are concerned. (Kind of like the player base when we tell Bioware something we want.)

I've known for months that this event was coming back. We all did. But it was presented when the crystals came out originally that this was a unique event that would support the players who were supporting the game. Another Bioware lie.

Basically if you want to show that you supported this game, the only way to do so is by showing off your ugly pre-order yellow and black crystal. Pathetic. If Bioware wants to be the next WoW, they need to start supporting players and keeping their player base from month to month, because as it is, you're losing people right and left.

One time items? Don't exist for Bioware. All in all, this is a really pathetic move on Biowares part.

Edited by Ezenthor

I wear the yellow and black dye and the Razer SE crystal too.

He's talking about the black-yellow crystal....

And I agree 110% with this post. Why not release something new?? If you missed an event in SWG, you were **** outta luck. They need to keep things rare and unique.

I guess you guys missed Life Day when those who protested the reuse of what was supposed to be a one time event were drowned out by the whiners who said they deserved whatever anyone else got, and nothing should be "special". Edited by Zorvan

Did you get the 'Special Snowflake' title back in December?

Nope, and honestly.... I missed it. I'm not too pissed off by it. I didn't do something that I should have. Same should happen with the color crystal.

Don't worry though. Give it a year or two and that title will be back. Bioware doesn't believe in one time things apparently :rolleyes:

Nope, and honestly.... I missed it. I'm not too pissed off by it. I didn't do something that I should have. Same should happen with the color crystal.

Don't worry though. Give it a year or two and that title will be back. Bioware doesn't believe in one time things apparently :rolleyes:

I have been around since launch. I played the last event and I am playing this event. I have WAY more alts now then I did then and now I get to get Black-Green's for all of my alts. I'm pretty stoked about the return of an event that everyone loved and I'm even more stoked that it seems that BW really put something into this event.

Yeah the black greens were unique, and not many had them, but at least you have t o earn them and they aren't just offering them to everyone who has 1800 cartel coins...

BW never said anything about this being a unique event, your statement is incorrect. Actually days after the original event ended someone that still had some DNA samples (the vendor was gone) asked if the stuff was worth hanging on to and the dev's said yes, you definitely want to hang on to it... So that imply's that the event would return.

Quite frankly I'm happy we have something new, something a little different than everything else. I'm glad this game doesn't do it like SWG, or WoW, or Guild Wars, or every other MMO that people talk about. SWG died for a reason, because they were doing it wrong. If SWG was so awesome SWG would have been made by someone buy now. If it was really the quintessential Star Wars game that folks like you remember it being, then another publisher would have picked it up long ago and would have brought us a reincarnation of it... But that hasn't happened!

Thank goodness they are doing their own thing. Thank goodness they are bringing us content that we want. Thank goodness they listened the the majority of people who were saying "We want more Rakgouls" and not the minority of players.

If you don't like the event, don't play it. Go run the contnent we have all been running for the past few months and let the rest of us go have fun in the tunnels under Alderan.

I'm sorry that you don't think this event is fun, but 10 instances full of people on my server seemed to be loving it...

Edited by RiVaN_

I have been around since launch. I played the last event and I am playing this event. I have WAY more alts now then I did then and now I get to get Black-Green's for all of my alts. I'm pretty stoked about the return of an event that everyone loved and I'm even more stoked that it seems that BW really put something into this event.

Yeah the black greens were unique, and not many had them, but at least you have t o earn them and they aren't just offering them to everyone who has 1800 cartel coins...

BW never said anything about this being a unique event, your statement is incorrect. Actually days after the original event ended someone that still had some DNA samples (the vendor was gone) asked if the stuff was worth hanging on to and the dev's said yes, you definitely want to hang on to it... So that imply's that the event would return.

Quite frankly I'm happy we have something new, something a little different than everything else. I'm glad this game doesn't do it like SWG, or WoW, or Guild Wars, or every other MMO that people talk about. SWG died for a reason, because they were doing it wrong. If SWG was so awesome SWG would have been made by someone buy now. If it was really the quintessential Star Wars game that folks like you remember it being, then another publisher would have picked it up long ago and would have brought us a reincarnation of it... But that hasn't happened!

Thank goodness they are doing their own thing. Thank goodness they are bringing us content that we want. Thank goodness they listened the the majority of people who were saying "We want more Rakgouls" and not the minority of players.

If you don't like the event, don't play it. Go run the contnent we have all been running for the past few months and let the rest of us go have fun in the tunnels under Alderan.

I'm sorry that you don't think this event is fun, but 10 instances full of people on my server seemed to be loving it...

It would have been fine if they added the crystal to collections. There's a grayed out "event" tab which I'm assuming is for events sometime in the future when Bioware deems that items that you don't pay real money for are worthy of collections :rolleyes:

Also saying SWG died for a reason has absolutely nothing to do with one time items disappearing from the game. You're right, SWG died for a reason. One time items that people couldn't get anymore, quite frankly, wasn't it. There are plenty of items that were one time items in WoW that are no longer in the game, and that game is still going strong. That point of your post has absolutely no validity, and is frankly your personal opinion.

You will notice that I never once said that I don't enjoy the new event or don't find it fun. It's a fun event, I just wish the color crystal that was with the original event would have stayed "original". They easily could have kept the way the event is now and had a different color crystal. There's absolutely no minority that says they don't wan't new events. That's part of MMOs. There is however, a large player base who wishes to keep items that were part of events that happened once and only once, a one time item.

Your entire post seems to be based on the fact that I don't like the event. That's incorrect and you should probably go over what I typed again, because the entire thing was about the one time crystal that we were supposed to have gotten, not about the event itself.

Edited by Ezenthor

Are you going to complain about the Korrealis mounts next OP? If you want to complain that Bioware doesn't reward or support long time subscribers why not gather support for a system of veteran rewards like SWG did. Gathering community support for something like that would be more productive than whining about how more people got a crystal that you want to be super rare. Edited by dorpen

I don't care about being special or pretty or having what other people have.

Very few of the people crying are thinking long term.

What happens when they keep recycling the same rewards and making the events the exact same month after month?

Good, you can now get what everyone else has... because they never update or change the rewards, so next time the event comes around you have zero to look forward to. But at least you have what everyone else has right?

Unique and one time only rewards are not a sign of being elite, they are the result of a creative development team..

Now, currently the rewards are a little different, I hope some of the current rewards go away permanently and in replace new rewards show up.

Edited by illgot

Entitled too much?

I am here from open beta, but missed first event because of RL, so do not trow such stupid "support" arguments.

You simply want to have something that other haven't to make them jealous... how pity has to be getting your fun this way I simply cannot imagine :D

If they had decided to make truly good base color crystals instead of old one I would be happier and leave you to feel as special snowflake but now I think I am going to take some, just to melt some snowflakes.

I thought I got that crystal color because we were supporting this game through a time when it was going through a rough patch. I guess I was wrong. Time and time again this company has not supported veteran players or players who have supported this company since beta.

I'm not bothered by items being available to players who missed out the first time around.

The Rakghoul crystals specifically? Those have been on the GTN constantly since the first rakghoul event. I have 5 unbound ones in my cargo bay right now. If Bioware hadn't included the crystals in this new event, the crystals Still likely would have been on the gtn or in random people's cargo bays for the next 2 years. So that's really not a big deal.

The Founder title is another example of something should be made available to everyone (make it be subscribed for 12 consecutive months or 24 months total, something like that). Why?

Well, let's see, say you have 2 people, Player A and Player B.

Player A bought the game at launch or 1 month after, lost interest, unsubbed, but got the Founder title. Player A comes back for new ops release, beats them both, complains that there's no content, unsubs again, but during his return, wears the Founder title proudly.

Player B bought the game right after the founder title giveaway expired, but has been subscribed every month since, never unsubbed, buys cartel coins, etc., but no Founder title to wear.

Comparing those 2 players, Player B is obviously more deserving of the title in that she has supported the game more than Player A. Yet Player A, when he decides to log in randomly as F2P, can throw the title in the face of Player B and pretend that he's supported the game since launch, when in reality, it is Player B who has.

Bottom line: if you're playing the game now and supporting it now, and will continue to support it in the future, you should be able to obtain any item you want with varying degrees of effort.

There should be rare items in the game, i.e., EC Nightmare Tank, Red Sphere Mount, Dessler Explorer, etc., but they should be Rare/require effort, not unobtainable.

Btw, the Player A/Player B example was from 2 people I know in game, one who's a perma-sub without the founder title and the other who basically comes back every 6 months or so, trashes the game, then unsubs again, but with the founder title and was around since beta.

Edited by SomeJagoff

There it is...

People who mock others for trying to be unique are obviously butthurt that they don't have those items. Or they're communists. But whatever.

I'm a player of SWTOR since beta an I have sub every months.

I have done the first event and I'm happy that chrystal are come back.

I have the title from the first event and.... NO ONE HAVE IT... show it.

And this is the only thing.

Just one more to say... the crystals cost to few. 10 or 15 token would be better.

I'm not bothered by items being available to players who missed out the first time around.

The Rakghoul crystals specifically? Those have been on the GTN constantly since the first rakghoul event. I have 5 unbound ones in my cargo bay right now. If Bioware hadn't included the crystals in this new event, the crystals Still likely would have been on the gtn or in random people's cargo bays for the next 2 years. So that's really not a big deal.

The Founder title is another example of something should be made available to everyone (make it be subscribed for 12 consecutive months or 24 months total, something like that). Why?

Well, let's see, say you have 2 people, Player A and Player B.

Player A bought the game at launch or 1 month after, lost interest, unsubbed, but got the Founder title. Player A comes back for new ops release, beats them both, complains that there's no content, unsubs again, but during his return, wears the Founder title proudly.

Player B bought the game right after the founder title giveaway expired, but has been subscribed every month since, never unsubbed, buys cartel coins, etc., but no Founder title to wear.

Comparing those 2 players, Player B is obviously more deserving of the title in that she has supported the game more than Player A. Yet Player A, when he decides to log in randomly as F2P, can throw the title in the face of Player B and pretend that he's supported the game since launch, when in reality, it is Player B who has.

Bottom line: if you're playing the game now and supporting it now, and will continue to support it in the future, you should be able to obtain any item you want with varying degrees of effort.

There should be rare items in the game, i.e., EC Nightmare Tank, Red Sphere Mount, Dessler Explorer, etc., but they should be Rare/require effort, not unobtainable.

Btw, the Player A/Player B example was from 2 people I know in game, one who's a perma-sub without the founder title and the other who basically comes back every 6 months or so, trashes the game, then unsubs again, but with the founder title and was around since beta.

Founder is for been there at beginning... nothing more, nothing less... you can be preferred and use it AFAK.

It also doesn't require you have been actually in game, you may be on vacation during that time or on business trip and if you bought game at start and been subscribed you will still have it.

Veteran reward system (titles included) would be very nice but need to be more creative, not just trowing something that doesn't correlate with veterans (long time subscribers).

But if they decide to do it (give founder as veteran reward or as expansion lure or other), I will not whine over, I may use it on some chars if it relate with them well (as other titles) without even care how many others use it.

Only good in it is that it become like part of your legacy/family name without been so long as ROTHC one - all classes and characters can share it 1 - 55 as well with legacy titles.

Actually we need some more like Founder (short, clear and usable on whole account 1 - 55) - to have diversity.

The argument "who is supporting the game more" is a really weak one, because in that case money is worth more to BW than time spent in game, but it so happens that most items and achievements are earned through playing and that means time spent and not the amount of money spent. To illustrate that (without even mentioning the Cartel Market), imagine Player A who owns five subbed accounts with one char on each account and Player B with only one subbed account but five alts.

That may not be the most realistic example but that basically means that Player B is much more able to get reputation rewards and achievements, since they are account-wide, than Player A, although A supports the game five times as much.

Here is an idea for the Cartel Market: Let people buy all the titles and achievements and event rewards with Cartel Coins, so that those who have plenty of disposable income but not enough time to earn them by playing can "earn" the same titles and neat stuff as everyone else. The great thing about this idea: it still wouldn't be pay-to-win, since all those crystals, titles and achievements are only fluff anyway.

I'm of the same opinion I got this crystal during the original event and for a long time it has been a unique colour. The main issue now imo, not only is it readily available again but it's super easy to get compared to the first time around.

They should have either;

A) Not have included black-green in the event.

B) Made it require legend reputation rank and a lot of cannisters.

There was never any statement or suggestion that the original Rakghoul event items (or the Life Day items... or Chevin event items) were going to be absolutely exclusive to that event instance. The idea that they would be unique is a belief that you've manufactured in your mind.

Yes, I know you want to feel special or show that you're cooler or prove that you have been here longer. The color crystal is a horrible way of achieving that goal. For a long time, the majority of people using the green-black color crystals had never taken part in the event. Most of them just bought them off the GTN. Most of the people who did get the crystals off the event have either sold them on the market or moved on to use newer options.

Entitled too much?

I am here from open beta, but missed first event because of RL, so do not trow such stupid "support" arguments.

You simply want to have something that other haven't to make them jealous... how pity has to be getting your fun this way I simply cannot imagine :D

If they had decided to make truly good base color crystals instead of old one I would be happier and leave you to feel as special snowflake but now I think I am going to take some, just to melt some snowflakes.

No, the entitled are those who think they have a right to everything, regardless of whether they were here or not when it was available to be earned. Like yourself.

I wouldn't mind if the crystals were 30-50 canisters, and required max rep or something, but they take less than an hour to acquire and are boe. Not a huge fan of handing out things like candy because people complained.

I thought I got that crystal color because we were supporting this game through a time when it was going through a rough patch.

You weren't here to support the game during a "rough patch," like an ill relative's spouse going through an actual rough patch. You were here because you wanted to play the game. Well, guess what? You got your money's worth..

Come on. Support the players who have been here for you. 500 cartel coins a month as a subscriber is a joke.

Yet here you are, still subscribing. If you're going to keep paying and playing anyway, why should they change?

:rolleyes: