Can't find Hk part on dromund kaas

so i started my mission to get the hk parts with my lv 50 trooper and i sent the scanner in the mail to my lv 31 assassin. i spent four hours trying to find the part on dromund kaas, is there something i have to do, i dont have the heroic quest on my assassin so is that the reason i cant find the part?

I've picked it up multiple times for my various alts. It never takes more than 15-20 minutes to find the part.

Be methodical: don't just run and drop the detector the run and drop the detector again. Open the map and decide on a route to take. The max detection range is a 25m radius: see where the green circle ends and move in a straight line to where it ended and place the detector again, and then keep repeating this until you reach the end of the line, move 25m to the side and go the other way in a straight line.

Also, very important, let others know that you are searching for the HK component and ask others to post in General when they detect the part so you can head to their location. You don't have to be in a group with them to pick up the component: once discovered it will remain lootable by everyone for 1 minute. (Don't forget to tell others when you detect the component as well ;).)

Good luck with your search.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
does not take 15 to 20 mins try several hours and several days and still no success unless you want to come and help.

i found it in ~45 mins searching alone on DK. dropped the excavator right on top of it on Coruscant.

the trick in those big areas is to be very methodical about your search pattern.

• 4 months later...

I took a few hours trying a month or so ago, then gave up. Switched instances. Went to the entrance to the cave where the matrix shard assembly place is and for the heck of it, I plunked the sensor down and got a "within 20m" (or 25? What's the max range again?) and it wasn't in between the roads at all. It was on that raised area near the matrix shard assembler/disassembler room.

:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It moves randomly after a person finds it and it respawns.

Bit of a necro though.

There's always new players, or old ones just getting around to it (like myself).

Found it around the middle area after about an hour of searching. The one on Hoth took the longest so far, about two hours.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...