We want cutscenes from Heroic Missions back

Horrible. Biooware went a step too far with that.

That Tython H2 was quite the peak of the planet's story presented there, the cherry on the top of it all, so to say - and now it is gone.

REALLY? They removed the questgiver? REALLY?! This is just horrible. Why the hell they...? Removing content is not what I expected from KoTFE. Disappointment is the big word to describe this.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who's just coming back to the game after a two-year absence, and who didn't have nearly enough free time to run all the available missions when I played the first time, I have to agree with this. Other MMOs I've played have options that simply let you auto-skip cutscenes that you've already viewed, or to simply bypass certain scenes entirely; the devs should've gone with one of those options instead of simply removing the scenes altogether. Now, because some people were too impatient to even hit spacebar a few times, I (and any new players who came along after this change was implemented) get to miss out on entire sections/wrap-ups to certain stories (side stories or otherwise)? I fail to see how that's fair.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that, for some, seeing the same scenes over and over again can get dull...but this was far from the best solution. This was a dropped ball, pure and simple.

This. I completely agree with you. Let's hope some Dev see this thread and realizes that a change is necessary for the good of all.

I too am severely disappointed by this change. So many heroics dont even make sense anymore, or have had the impact they gave, removed entirely. [Heroic 2] Man with the Steel Voice, on hutta was amazing, and now you cant even talk to the old man from the beginning or the end. Also the removal of orange gear was stupid, heroics always gave us the choice of the orange, or a lock box. why not just have the lock boxes like they are now, and keep the choice of the orange piece too?

Orange gear from homeworlds was amazing. Not quite useful in the rest of the planets, but for the beginning of your adventure was great, and with a cool design. I just don't understand why they made this huge change without warn us. I really hope they change the Heroics and the cutscenes for Heroics and Exploration missions in the future.

I also feel sad that they removed it since now a lot of the atmosphere is gone when doing heroics. But sadly, I don't think they'll change it back now.

For one of the Ord Mantell heroics (where you meet the droid with Gizmel's shipment), there's a new voice-over at the end that I'm pretty sure was recorded specifically for 4.0 since I don't recognize it. If my suspicion is true and they did record new VO for it, they will not go back and put in the original NPCs since getting those new VOs was just too big of an investment.

Anyway, my suggestion for this would be: When you are done with an heroic, you receive the "Speak to ..." task and you actually have to walk to the NPC. However, you will also receive a quest item that auto-completes the quest. That way, players can either immediately complete it or get the final conversation.

The disadvantage would be that this way, players could store up multiple quests and complete them at once without having to go to those planets. This could become a problem when they increase the level cap and don't want players to quickly get to max level. But I doubt that this will ever happen again.

Edited by Jerba

I'd support it being optional.

I'm mostly here for the story, so if its a quest I've never run before I'd rather have my character interact with quest givers before and after. On the other hand if I'm running through a heroic I've already done umpteen times with that character, I'd rather just get the quest rewards without the character interaction.

Prior to the update I was really digging the story on Oricon, but ran Dread Fortress for the first time after the update. It was a bit jarring to just get crystals and an attaboy at the conclusion of DF after there had been so much story content leading into it. I'm guessing there was some interaction with a quest giving NPC there that was scrapped?

I'd support it being optional.

I'm mostly here for the story, so if its a quest I've never run before I'd rather have my character interact with quest givers before and after. On the other hand if I'm running through a heroic I've already done umpteen times with that character, I'd rather just get the quest rewards without the character interaction.

Prior to the update I was really digging the story on Oricon, but ran Dread Fortress for the first time after the update. It was a bit jarring to just get crystals and an attaboy at the conclusion of DF after there had been so much story content leading into it. I'm guessing there was some interaction with a quest giving NPC there that was scrapped?

Wait, THAT was scrapped too? Crap, Dread Fortress was where I left off when I left the first time. Now I get to worry about how/when I can even do that op since they upped its level (and changed how you can even queue for ops in the first place), but I also miss out on the wrap-up--presumably for that and all the other ops I'm late to the party for? This has REALLY gone too far if it extends into endgame content too.

That is what this thread is meant for, to claim making optional the cutscenes.

Wait, THAT was scrapped too? Crap, Dread Fortress was where I left off when I left the first time. Now I get to worry about how/when I can even do that op since they upped its level (and changed how you can even queue for ops in the first place), but I also miss out on the wrap-up--presumably for that and all the other ops I'm late to the party for? This has REALLY gone too far if it extends into endgame content too.

Well, as far as I know, at the end of Dread Fortess, you hear Brontes complaining before She becomes a Force Ghost. After that, nothing. I don't know if there is a breadcrumb for Dread Fortress or something, I'm pretty sure it is. All the breadcrumbs still exists in the game. (FP mainly in the planets, except end game flashpoints that are located in the fleet, and OPS breadcrumbs that are also in the fleet). The only quest-giver that seems to have disappeared is General Conlath, Section X questgiver in the Republic fleet. I've asked BW where He is supposed to be, still no answer.

• 3 weeks later...
As far as I've tested, Dailies are being affected too, there is no more returning quest cutscene. Again, BioWare, please, make it OPTIONAL. Cutting content is not what players like, really.

NO ONE I HATE more than idiots who want to watch every damn cut scene on pointless crap, Please delete your game and do us a favor

NO ONE I HATE more than idiots who want to watch every damn cut scene on pointless crap, Please delete your game and do us a favor

For one, its solo content, two, calling people idiots who enjoy all the cut scenes that exist/existed that made this game great, is just immature. Last, if you don't want to watch them you never had to, thats why they gave you the "option" to space bar!

For one, its solo content, two, calling people idiots who enjoy all the cut scenes that exist/existed that made this game great, is just immature. Last, if you don't want to watch them you never had to, thats why they gave you the "option" to space bar!

agreed

People who don't want cutscenes also want *instant* gratifications - and that as fast as possible, please ! No cutscenes dividing them from their well-earned treasure / quest reward !

I believe that there is a direct correlation between not wanting any cutscenes and wanting instant gratification - with the Heroic being merely a "wall" between those players and the instant gratification. :D

Story players do want cutscenes - because they are part of the quest's STORY.

And they can wait for the gratification, too. They are not in a hurry.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

This comment doesnt even deserve an elaborate reply. Don't feed the troll people.

People who don't want cutscenes also want *instant* gratifications - and that as fast as possible, please ! No cutscenes dividing them from their well-earned treasure / quest reward !

I believe that there is a direct correlation between not wanting any cutscenes and wanting instant gratification - with the Heroic being merely a "wall" between those players and the instant gratification. :D

Story players do want cutscenes - because they are part of the quest's STORY.

And they can wait for the gratification, too. They are not in a hurry.

Absolutely agree. Story players look for the story, because the gratification itself comes from cutscenes and dialogs. Quest rewards are secondary, at least for me. That's way I'm so disappointed with the Heroics change (Now they are only for farming Alliance resources) and the remove of Section X questgiver from the fleet.

Still more upset with Heroics. Instead of making new content for farming Alliance resources, they recovered old content and changed it. Lazy job for my modest opinion.

Edited by lKile

Do you not understand the meaning of the word "optional" Ajuma? Are you not aware that this is primarily a story driven game? I believe that it is you that should do all of us a favor and delete your game because this is clearly not the game for you if you don't understand my first two questions.

It seems like this should be fairly easy for them to implement. You still have the option to get the quest from the original NPC or grab all of them at the same time from the new Heroic terminals. If you pick it up from the NPC you could still get the cutscene at the end. If you chose to grab it from the terminals, it would continue as it is now with the instant completion.

Seems like an easy fix that would satisfy everyone, including the inconsiderate spacebar spammers.

Sidenote to the spacebar spammers who happen to run any of this content with a group...how about you drop the group (and your attitude) before turning it in, so you can skip it at your pace, instead of inflicting yourself on people who want to watch the content and not have their gaming experience ruined by your impatience? There's no requirement that the group turns it in together at the same time.

You do know you can solo those right?

Why should a player lose cutscenes when they're not in a group?

I would love cutscenes not playing in Group Finder Flashpoints, but that doesn't mean I want to remove them from non-Group Finder ones.

All the work that has been put into these cutscenes has gone to waste.

Players picking up the missions manually at the quest giver, should be able to see the cutscenes, while picking up these missions at the terminal, should still provide instant rewards.

I love watching my chars in cinematic cutscenes, so it would be nice to have a chance to enjoy these cutscenes.

People picking up their missions at the terminal still wouldn't have to bother with it but it would be a shame if these scenes would be lost forever now.

All the work that has been put into these cutscenes has gone to waste.

Players picking up the missions manually at the quest giver, should be able to see the cutscenes, while picking up these missions at the terminal, should still provide instant rewards.

I love watching my chars in cinematic cutscenes, so it would be nice to have a chance to enjoy these cutscenes.

People picking up their missions at the terminal still wouldn't have to bother with it but it would be a shame if these scenes would be lost forever now.

That's why I think it's such an easy fix. The cutscene material is already in existence. Nothing new has to be added to the game.

People who pick the missions up from the terminal----->instant completion

People who pick the missions up from the NPC------->turn back in to the NPC and watch the cutscenes

It's pretty appalling that an expansion emphasizing a commitment to story and atmosphere above everything else turns out to remove narrative content. What's worse is that it was kept secret and standing players weren't given the opportunity to make sure these missions were finished at least once or experienced a final time. I thought hiding level synch until 2 minutes to midnight was annoying, but there's no excuse for this given the whole premise and marketing push for KotFE.

My exploration and bonus progress on 5/8ths of my characters were reset first and now I'm not sure if I'll ever properly see dozens of scenes Republic side. It's completely sabotaging the desire to level and live the adventure that I was led to believe this new system is all about.

I rolled my eyes at people comparing KotFE to World of Warcraft's Cataclysm expansion, but now I'm starting to see their point.

You still have the option to get the quest from the original NPC

Really? Are you sure?

You've been round and confirmed that for all the heroics the original NPC is still there?

Like Travi Pott and Gizmel Gam? Are they still there?

(It's a trick question. They aren't. Looks like the Republic finally collected poor eight-fingered Travi.)

Yesterday, I was reading descriptions in the Heroic terminal. And I found this, in the Chamber of Speech quest: "... For additional details about this mission, Do Zoon may be contacted in person. Otherwise, this mission may be initiated from this terminal for you convenience" So, in fact, Heroic questgivers in origin planets are back. I'm heading to Tython to verify this. If this is correct, this is a step forward for us!

Edit: After visitting and searching Do Zoon, He has disappeared. Already submitted a ticket. Time for waiting.

Edited by lKile

It's pretty appalling that an expansion emphasizing a commitment to story and atmosphere above everything else turns out to remove narrative content. What's worse is that it was kept secret and standing players weren't given the opportunity to make sure these missions were finished at least once or experienced a final time. I thought hiding level synch until 2 minutes to midnight was annoying, but there's no excuse for this given the whole premise and marketing push for KotFE.

My exploration and bonus progress on 5/8ths of my characters were reset first and now I'm not sure if I'll ever properly see dozens of scenes Republic side. It's completely sabotaging the desire to level and live the adventure that I was led to believe this new system is all about.

I rolled my eyes at people comparing KotFE to World of Warcraft's Cataclysm expansion, but now I'm starting to see their point.

This. Exactly this. Not just to this thread, but the whole of the KotFE update. (ASIDE: Makes me think of Champions Online, where they took a good game with a growing story and just made it purely about lvl'ing fast and ignoring any kind of role so one can just dps through the whole thing).

I really enjoyed the story and the closing of the missions cinematic, thought Oricron was great because of the claustrophobic feeling to the story, and the npc characters came to life, so to just abandon that for the sake of brevity in lvl'ing or getting resources seems like a step in the wrong direction if it is not optional.

For those who have done it a half dozen times before that's a great idea, but to not have the option...seems to point to a direction where the dev's are dropping story to get people to the KotFE content as fast as possible, even at the expense of all the (superior in many ways) content before it.

the problem with elimination of cutscenes, is that it also takes away the dialogue with possible

1. conversation gains and

2. light/side dark/side options.

I'll give an example - Heroic from Imperial Balmorra, where you decide whether to say "it was easy" or to turn the officer in for wasting his men. <lightside option>. Now, this is fine and dandy for

1. people already 65 who have gone thru story content and have all their LS/DS alignment all set - BUT, it's not for

a. new 60s who are not aligned strongly light/or dark - as getting a new 60 is something people pay RL $ for, you don't want to make things TOO difficult for them. Yes, to the restrictions on titles - they didn't go thru the 1-50 story - but No, to not letting them get darkside/lightside alignment thru conversation choices.

b. new characters going thru the story for the first time. You want to give them as many options as others had going thru the stories.