Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KendraP
Yesterday , 01:00 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
The problem Eric is that I think your hands are tied. There has been awesome and tremendous feedback on very specific, dare I say, micro-related issues. Exhibit A, your reply to Ulvarii about perk changes. Exhibit B: Mike's responses to win-trading. Exhibit C: Daniel's response o the Lana face issue.

Those are not unappreciated, but understand that for some of us, there are some huge macro-related issues.

Is Galactic Command even relevant any more? You asked us for comments specifically related to UCs. About a year ago Keith (is he still the lead producer?) said that legacy currency is here to stay. Fine, but there has been a ton of feedback about how you gutted 5.6 (which got me called a White Knight because I supported it so much).

Having a universal, legacy-wide currency does us NO GOOD if it is funneled through a soda straw on one daily planet -- namely -- Ossus because you tied gearing to a new currency, namely Masterwork Shards / Crystals. You are shooting yourselves in the foot because the whole point of GC 5.6 was to do what you want / where you want. A wise decision because you can't create new content fast enough (no one can, not even Blizzard / WoW).

I understand the desire to help people leapfrog and not go through GC. But you took it too far. You have now thrown the baby out with the bath water. The game is now boring.

I think it's great that you are responding to the micro-questions. But....

Well, that sentence finishes itself.

TL-DR: I genuinely (not your fault) believe you can't comment on what I care about. I still love you (not in that creepy way).

Dasty
+1 to dasty. I agree with everything he says.

The increased communication is nice. But for whatever reason you obviously can't discuss anything i actually care about

PennyAnn
Yesterday , 03:43 PM | #302
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

I can see there is a bubbling concern about our lack of continued response in this thread so I wanted to make sure I pop back in. We have absolutely continued to read this thread. Some of the conversation has gotten a little off topic, but we are still taking in your feedback about feedback in general.

I wanted to highlight this as although I totally get the frustration if there is a feeling we have fallen silent in this thread... we have become much more active in gathering feedback around the forums on a variety of topics. That was ultimately the goal of this thread was to work with you on better ways to gather feedback (which I hope that you feel we are already doing).

Keep any feedback related feedback coming as we will continue to keep our eyes on this thread.

-eric
This is part of what you need to keep doing to really, truly change the "lack of communication" problem that has been part of this game since near the start. So, for that THANK YOU, ERIC! It really does go a long way when you show that yes indeed, you are still active in threads you started asking for Feedback. Still not quite enough to overcome some of the inclination for long-time feedbackers to trust that things are different, but keep it up. Showing instead of telling will win the day, here... and this is a sign you understand that.

One more hint: As Dasty and others have pointed out, there are still some MAJOR topics, particularly around gearing, that are not being talked about and we need to know why.

Why won't you tell us the reason behind making such a major change to gearing like locking mods/enhancements down so tightly? I can't even use a barrel from my Operative's offhand in my Scoundrel's offhand because they are different weapon types. This is a roadblock in using legacy gear, it makes gearing and playing alts more time consuming and we the players do not understand why you would do this to your game.

Why won't you address the future of the Galactic Command system as a whole? You ask about UCs, but then say nothing about the fact that 5.10 pretty much made GC a non-entity in gearing up. Will we go back to GC at some point? Is this tier of gear just some one-off system?

Gearing in your game is a pretty big deal. You should be talking about these things alongside the discussions about PvP and win-trading (important!), and the other topics that you, and especially Daniel and Mike have been responding to here.

Dasty's post pretty much says the same thing, and probably better than I can here. Bottom line: Improved communication from you guys is very appreciated, and we request that you just expand that now to more discussion topics that matter, like gearing and the gearing system. Thanks for reading, listening, and responding!

Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
Click here to use my Referral Link

kodrac
Yesterday , 04:42 PM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

I can see there is a bubbling concern about our lack of continued response in this thread so I wanted to make sure I pop back in. We have absolutely continued to read this thread.
It's alive!
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

DarthSpuds
Today , 12:32 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
Why won't you tell us the reason behind making such a major change to gearing like locking mods/enhancements down so tightly? I can't even use a barrel from my Operative's offhand in my Scoundrel's offhand because they are different weapon types. This is a roadblock in using legacy gear, it makes gearing and playing alts more time consuming and we the players do not understand why you would do this to your game.
Because the more game-time you have to commit to get the same rewards means Bioware's metrics show increased player activity and engagement.

Before you could half-gear up an Alt playing your Main, now to gear up your Alt you need to earn everything on that Alt. That means more game-time, for those who fall for such a tactic (I admit I am running that treadmill), and Bioware can say to EA "look, we are doing something right, overall play-time per customer is up".

There's no need to ask for clarification on this, there's no hidden agenda based on future gearing mechanics. They increased the grind to make us play more to do less.

There is no great secret to why they did this.

Just as abject lack of honesty in them admitting to it.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Lhancelot
Today , 01:25 PM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
That means more game-time, for those who fall for such a tactic (I admit I am running that treadmill), and Bioware can say to EA "look, we are doing something right, overall play-time per customer is up".

There's no need to ask for clarification on this, there's no hidden agenda based on future gearing mechanics. They increased the grind to make us play more to do less.
t
After the CXP fiasco there was no way I was going to start a new grind, one that was going to require PVE and raiding etc.

Just the idea of them adding a new grind was audacious to me, and I knew then and there I was not going to be a part of it.

I bet anything these latest changes had the opposite affect they were wanting/expecting.

I mean, I bet anything they have lost subs due to this game's design change where they have decided to punish alts and force a lengthy gear grind that makes gearing alts a chore. There's no way these changes have made the game more fun, alluring to new players or apt to retain veteran players.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

PennyAnn
Today , 01:46 PM | #306
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Because the more game-time you have to commit to get the same rewards means Bioware's metrics show increased player activity and engagement.

Before you could half-gear up an Alt playing your Main, now to gear up your Alt you need to earn everything on that Alt. That means more game-time, for those who fall for such a tactic (I admit I am running that treadmill), and Bioware can say to EA "look, we are doing something right, overall play-time per customer is up".

There is no great secret to why they did this.

Just as abject lack of honesty in them admitting to it.

All The Best
This is 100% assumption on your part. It's not a far fetched assumption really, but it is still an assumption.

There IS a need for clarification on this, and I'm far from the only one asking for it. It is a major change to the gearing system and just as you are sure that there is only one purpose to it, I'm pretty sure there are more reasons than just "pump the metrics and make ourselves look good".

Besides, it only works to bump player activity when people don't quit the game due to how difficult it is to gear the multitude of characters we've always been encouraged to make and create and play within the legacy system of this game. When you make a change that throws the legacy system out the window, and changes the gearing system so drastically after it being more or less the same for 7 years of the game's life... it should probably come with at least a few words of explanation from the developers (beyond "this was intended").

Also, Musco said we would be talking about gearing. So... let's do that. Starting with an explanation of how this tier of gear fits into the scheme of things going forward.

They spent over an entire calendar year "fixing" the Galactic Command system and got it to a decent place in terms of gearing alts and tamping down the RNG just to turn around and make all of it a moot point. They talked about how they couldn't put out much content during that time because fixing that system was their priority. We've been withering on the vine while they fix a system that they then obliterated? That doesn't make any sense, and absolutely DOES beg the question: "Why?".

So with all due respect, you may think you have it figured out... but I would rather not assume. They are the planners and the game makers, and I would prefer to hear from them regarding the facts vs. the assumptions of the peanut gallery. If you don't mind, please don't tell them that they don't have to explain it to us because you've got it all figured out. Because I'm not sure you do (until I hear them say: "He's 100% right, this is the only reason this was changed so drastically compared to the previous 7 years of game play). All the same, I'd rather hear it from them. Thanks.

Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
Click here to use my Referral Link

Lhancelot
Today , 03:40 PM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
This is 100% assumption on your part. It's not a far fetched assumption really, but it is still an assumption.

There IS a need for clarification on this, and I'm far from the only one asking for it. It is a major change to the gearing system and just as you are sure that there is only one purpose to it, I'm pretty sure there are more reasons than just "pump the metrics and make ourselves look good".

Besides, it only works to bump player activity when people don't quit the game due to how difficult it is to gear the multitude of characters we've always been encouraged to make and create and play within the legacy system of this game. When you make a change that throws the legacy system out the window, and changes the gearing system so drastically after it being more or less the same for 7 years of the game's life... it should probably come with at least a few words of explanation from the developers (beyond "this was intended").

Also, Musco said we would be talking about gearing. So... let's do that. Starting with an explanation of how this tier of gear fits into the scheme of things going forward.

They spent over an entire calendar year "fixing" the Galactic Command system and got it to a decent place in terms of gearing alts and tamping down the RNG just to turn around and make all of it a moot point. They talked about how they couldn't put out much content during that time because fixing that system was their priority. We've been withering on the vine while they fix a system that they then obliterated? That doesn't make any sense, and absolutely DOES beg the question: "Why?".

So with all due respect, you may think you have it figured out... but I would rather not assume. They are the planners and the game makers, and I would prefer to hear from them regarding the facts vs. the assumptions of the peanut gallery. If you don't mind, please don't tell them that they don't have to explain it to us because you've got it all figured out. Because I'm not sure you do (until I hear them say: "He's 100% right, this is the only reason this was changed so drastically compared to the previous 7 years of game play). All the same, I'd rather hear it from them. Thanks.

WB PennyAnn
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696