Lost Companions

Myk-Ron

So, when we set off on the new KotFE story-line, we lose all of our old companions. I'm going to use my main (Jedi Guardian) as my focus, because that's the story I had played the most and was most vested in.

Now, my Jedi doesn't play by the rules, and he totally fell for and married Kira.

That's a big deal for a person.

Then, he gets separated, captured, frozen in freakin' carbonite. I was very happy to see an option for "where's my crew / love?" as soon as he was unfrozen, but I'm kinda disappointed that there wasn't more. I like to play the game, making choices that I would actually make if I were there. There are a couple other instances where you can ask about your love, but it's not a focus for your character.

"Have you found them yet?"

"No, Commander,"

"Okay, guess I'll go do this other thing."

I get that there's an over-arching, galaxy-in-peril, story to follow, but, honestly, for me, the character story is the more interesting. I mean, I just put myself in the character's shoes. I've been frozen for five years, and have no idea where the love of my life is. Okay, okay, yeah, we gotta fight the Eternal Empire, but, ya know what? I'm going to go find the love of my life first.

Yes, that's selfish. Yes, that's not the "good of all" thing to do, but that's a believable, viable choice, I think.

I'm all for saving the galaxy, and fighting the good fight, but when it comes down to it. It's the people in my life that I care about.

I feel like there must be others that feel this way as well. Is anyone else fretting about losing their SO in this game, and not being able to track them down; make them a priority? The letters you get (at least the ones from Kira) are heartbreaking. I just wanted to hop in my ship, and go find her. Because that's what I would do if I was captured and kept away from my loved ones for five years. The first thing I'd do is find them.

Are we going to get this chance?

I noticed there's an option to just call them back with a button in the "commander's quarters" on Odessen. It says you can call them back or wait for the story. Does this mean we're going to get to make them a priority in the future?

Just...thoughts I've been having as I go back, and level all of my alternate characters as well. Using this time (now that I'm all caught up on my main) to try to get all the stories completed.

I agree with you, OP, it's crap.

But they had so many voice actors that they had to schedule I think this is the only way they could do it. You could always play other characters until they bring Kira back, then play through with your Knight. That way you won't be hanging around waiting.

Here's hoping they bring back at least all of the pre- KOTFE romamce companions and some of the others within the time it takes to finish this story line (6 chapters). Meaning, before the end of the year. That's it they don't push back the release of anymore chapters.

I experienced a similar feeling. But I don't think we will be seeing them for a very long time. Years, at least for some. The closest thing that you get to bringing this up is when Republic characters speak to Choza Raabat on Alderaan. He will bring up your old crew and you can briefly mention how concerned you are about your Love Interest.

I experienced a similar feeling. But I don't think we will be seeing them for a very long time. Years, at least for some. The closest thing that you get to bringing this up is when Republic characters speak to Choza Raabat on Alderaan. He will bring up your old crew and you can briefly mention how concerned you are about your Love Interest.

Well, they already have confirmed the return of: Kaliyo, Blizz, and Bowder within the next 3 chapters so there is a pretty good chance that multiple companions will return in a single chapter. As teasers continue to be released for each chapter, although we may see only one romanced companion in said teaser it doesn't necessarily there won't be more in that chapter.

I feel like the character would be understandably worried about their SO, but at least in the first nine chapters you don't actually have any time to yourself until you get to base and when you do you're shoved all this work to do. That said, every time you are given the option to ask after your crew people tell you they have absolutely no idea where they are.

So here is how my Jedi Knight (who also romanced Kira) thinks of the situation. For the first nine chapters he has needed to rush from place to place almost on autopilot just so he can have even the remote chance of thinking about looking for his wife. The entire way everyone he knows who could give him a lead says they've had no luck tracking them down.

Also, when Choza Rabbat is asked what he knows about the Jedi Knight's crew he says that Kira is especially difficult to find among very hard people to find so I imagine that he's waiting for even the slightest clue of where she and the others may be.

I agree. I would have rather waited until KOTFE could include the stories of older companions, vs. just releasing it with new companions. I mean, there is plenty of content to enjoy on SWTOR including Hutt and Revan stories. Plus legacies etc.

We aren't League players or Warcraft players, we don't care for JUST new stuff, we like stories, and that means connections to our past (companions) -- more than just some dialogue.

Until then, for those who have already started KOTFE. Just pretend that always, in the back of your mind and in your heart, you are fighting FOR your old friends, ALONGSIDE new ones.

"This one's for you, Nadia. "

-Sage, Jung Ma

Is there a master list somewhere of all the companions that are listed on the terminal? I'm only able to check it on my inquisitor, but I'm actually more interested in the warrior and agent companions. (I read somewhere that Vector isn't coming back? :() Edited by grania

Is there a master list somewhere of all the companions that are listed on the terminal? I'm only able to check it on my inquisitor, but I'm actually more interested in the warrior and agent companions. (I read somewhere that Vector isn't coming back? :()

I read in a different thread that someone did a check on the terminals to see which ones were coming back and said that it looks like all of the pre-KOTFE romanced companions are coming back, but some of the side characters aren't. Still all we can do is hope to find out sooner rather than later

Is there a master list somewhere of all the companions that are listed on the terminal? I'm only able to check it on my inquisitor, but I'm actually more interested in the warrior and agent companions. (I read somewhere that Vector isn't coming back? :()

I just checked on my IA and Vector is on the terminal so you can bring him back that way, also on the IA terminal was Kaliyo and Raina. I'm sure they'll all be back in the story we just unfortunately have to wait :(