A 7th Dread Master? Or the first?

Arbitteer

We all know the Dread Masters, I assume since you are in the Spoiler's section of "Story & Lore"...we know there is 6 Dread Master's in total, with their unique crest design's and bloody outfits. There has been one thing that has been bothering me for awhile now, and I feel I should share my piece and see what other's have a say in it.

The Crest's the Dread Master's use identify them, so we wouldnt be confused. And they are all different in their own way but have the same idea.

There is a Crest that drop's from the Entity in SnV NiM (I think we should know) that is very similar to the Dread Master's Crest's....which gets me thinking.....was there a 7th Dread Master that we dont know of? Or Is the crest just made for your character (which seem's unlikely)?

Or maybe there was a "Dread Master" before the 6 we know of today, and got the idea from this "Dread Master" since the deisgns on SnV Crest is a combination of all the Crests, and the Dread Masters just split up the designs on each of their crests. I am siding on this theory more because there HAS to be a way they came up with their crest's and outfits because their outfits are far from Sith...its beyond Sith...its an outfit that you would see in a horror movie.

If the developer's just put a different design made just for the character and give no backup information, then thats stupid. I really think there was a "Dread Master" before the ones we know of today. Anyone feel similar?

P.S. If there was a first Dread Master and/or a seventh Dread Master, I really think Bioware should use that oppurtunity to make it into a whole new expansion introducing this "Dread Master" avenging his/her followers. Return of the Dread Guard, you know?

Interesting theory, OP. It's possible the Masters learned Summon Fear from an original Dread Master.

Perhaps they were all apprentices to the first one. I doubt that this Master was part of the union because

after Styrak died, the other Masters went insane, which gives us Oricon.

Alternatively, kinda stealing from my friend's ideas, this Dread Master could be

the wife that Calphayus mentions in the ending to Oricon Pub side.

Orrrr a Dread Master dropped it somewhere and forgot to pick up, but it didn't matter, s/he had copies. :p

Edit: re, my second spoiler, I would love to either find out who this Master is, or better yet, have a Master return, namely,

Calphayus, since Republic players can spare him

. Or we could recruit a Dread Guard? It's bad enough I've got two OCs who are Dread Guards. :p

It's a pipe dream, but a fangirl can dream.

Edited by josephinec

Maybe all 6 Dread Master's are in fact just one essence? And the crest symbolizes that? I think that'd easily explain a lot of the things we see, such as them "absorbing Brontes's essence" or how a single dread master seems to be able to outmatch the 8 heroes, but then it takes the same 8 heroes to defeat all 6 combined at the end?

Maybe all 6 Dread Master's are in fact just one essence? And the crest symbolizes that? I think that'd easily explain a lot of the things we see, such as them "absorbing Brontes's essence" or how a single dread master seems to be able to outmatch the 8 heroes, but then it takes the same 8 heroes to defeat all 6 combined at the end?

Their Force Bond Was Extremely Strong,I Think They Should Explain More About The Phoebis Artifacts,Which Was What Gave THe Masters Their Unique Abilities And Force Bond,Maybe The Hateful Entity Is Their Force Bond Becoming Something Real And Attacking The Raid Group,Or Maybe Their Bond Made Them Some Kind Of Dark Side Aberration Which Uses A Physical Form As A Mere Vessel.

Interesting theory, OP. It's possible the Masters learned Summon Fear from an original Dread Master.

Perhaps they were all apprentices to the first one. I doubt that this Master was part of the union because

after Styrak died, the other Masters went insane, which gives us Oricon.

Alternatively, kinda stealing from my friend's ideas, this Dread Master could be

the wife that Calphayus mentions in the ending to Oricon Pub side.

Orrrr a Dread Master dropped it somewhere and forgot to pick up, but it didn't matter, s/he had copies. :p

Edit: re, my second spoiler, I would love to either find out who this Master is, or better yet, have a Master return, namely,

Calphayus, since Republic players can spare him

. Or we could recruit a Dread Guard? It's bad enough I've got two OCs who are Dread Guards. :p

It's a pipe dream, but a fangirl can dream.

Woah, I totally forgot about the Wife Calphayus mentions, which makes things even more interesting and suspicious. Thanks for the reminder. Possibly Calphayus and his wife could make a return in a later expansion.

The mask makes no sense lorewise. The six Dread Masters got their powers from the Phobis Device (the artifact that drives ppl insane in the Dark Temple on DK). They were always six and noone ever was called Dread before.

We dont know for sure, and this wouldnt be the first thing bioware tried to hide. Queen of Sands for example.