Our Top 3 Concerns as Sorcerers

Psirebral

sorcs were playable for a bit

including 360 knockback,

instant ww talented

30m stun

wrath proc chain lightning

they nerfed all that, including force lightning crit chance and decided marauders should be the kings of this game

We were always a bit too squishy but they have unnecessarily nerfed us many times. And need to give back all of the things you just meantioned.

Edited by Lithinon

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you can. Just jump/turn and kb.

When they see you turn around they know you are about to use overload. They stun you or move to the side. The ability is overly predictable now.

Edit: And if you were in the middle of a force speed when you need to use it this takes time from the already short time that force speed is up. If a marauder or juggernaut just jumped behind you are rooted and cant jump. When an Operative has just knocked me down with his acid blade opener attack I need to knock him away before he applies his meele stun. Which if he is of average intelligence or higher he WILL do if he sees me turning around. He knows I will use overload to knock him back. This is why we NEED a 360 degree knock back.

We are squishy and don't even have a aoe stun like awe or flash bang. Asking for 360 degree knock back is not asking too much. Especially when we had it and they took it away.

Edited by Lithinon

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I GOT IT

a resource leech high in the madness tree

or tie it to creeping terror

full duration creeping terror restores 30% force and leeches 30% of opponents resource over its duration

MANA DRAIN MFERS

MADNESS FIXED

hold your applause

Edited by wwkingms

If this thread is still followed by the representatives then I think the questions they are thinking are good ones, those being if I still remember:

- PVP1: Why sages defensive cds are easier to migate and whether the developers think these are enough for pvp wzs. Very importantly do developers feel that 2.2 sages are viable choices for upcoming arenas and why?

- PVP2: Although tk (and seer has been mentioned?) has improved significantly they are highly immobile turret playstyle trees (for a class which judging by their def cds is meant to be played in a highly mobile way?) and easily prone to interrupts. As a result of these it is generally felt that seer/tk sages are the easiest to shut down in a number of ways. The inability to deliver with the slightest of pressure (especially as a tk sage) is a serious hindrage of the class making it generally undesirable in serious pvp. Can the developers comment on this?

- OTHER1 (pve/pvp): Where is the group utility of the sage class? It used to have a high one with bubble stun which deserved the nerf, but now what kind of group utility sages bring in a raid and a pvp group?

- OTHER2 (pve/pvp): Force management issues in seer and balance trees. Noble sacrifice as a force regen mechanism.

- PVE1: Nibbon was suggesting something about emergency healing as sages are behind both scoundrels and commando healers on this.

- PVE2: To be decided? And quickly maybe given that sentinels and snipers have already gotten their replies back, so it would be nice to see the same here?

- Another pvp question if there is space for it that was discussed was about balance and its lack of burst which together with its disruptions to team's CCs is highly undesirable for high level pvp.

I hope the representatives decide on what questions they want to ask and do so quickly given that other classes (sentinels and snipers) have already gotten their answers already back.

Thanks.

EDIT to previous post:

Maybe one more pve question which also is an issue in pvp is why synergy of more than one sage healer is problematic due to bubble overlapping, something which is not an issue with other healers. Put it blandly why 2 sage healers are bad, while 2 scoundrel or 2 commando healers are good?

We have around the same amount of burst as a sniper with the exception of the execute (Which is why they might feel significantly higher). I didn't say anything about interrupts - the one thing I said about survivability is that we are weak in that area:

"Our current thoughts with the spec's problem is the survivability, not damage output."

Other people have pointed that out, but thought I'd say it first hand as well.

few things I want to address here

1. Snipers can not be interrupted

2. The have an execute

So If u are trying to say uninterrupted free cast do we have the same dmg out , then sure it's close. (Talking about lightning spec here) but anyone who has played against a sniper in a 1 vs 1 fight (equally geared) knows u can not win that fight. Period! All it takes is 1 interrupt and that slight advantage they have turns into a Huge gap. Plus they have more defensive cooldowns than we do and guard against our stuns as well as interrupts.

3. We are purposefully designed to be a hit hard, Low survivability, reposition spec.

I do not want to see our play style change nor am I willing to sacrifice the damage we currently have.

What we need is another reposition tool (blink)

Getting shutdown is lightning's main issue because everything under the sun interrupts us plus we can be LOS.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I GOT IT

a resource leech high in the madness tree

or tie it to creeping terror

full duration creeping terror restores 30% force and leeches 30% of opponents resource over its duration

MANA DRAIN MFERS

MADNESS FIXED

hold your applause

BUMPING MY POST CAUSE IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

or

madness solution # 2

THREE WORDS

MANA TIDE TOTEM

For the pvp side of creating distance i have a idea which way or may not seem op. But I think it will help. Right now against most other classes in the game we struggle to make distance due to leaps rolls and pulls. How about if when we were to cast force speed, for the duration of it we would be immune to leaps and pulls, Then for say 3 seconds after it too, This would allow us to create the space we want, might even get a attack or two off as well before we get leapt on again, distance is closed and we are interupted again. I think it would help a little bit, I mean we could have some of the snipers protection for a short amount of time, but opeartaives can stilll hunt us down, and well we can still be interupted but at least Lightning may stand more of a chance of doing something then.

I'll add my bit here.

my biggest concern in lightning is mobility issues, it relaly is terrible and too easy to shut down. I don't want the class mechanic of having activation abilities, which distinguishes it from the madness spec, that's fine, the option becomes to give it a means of avoiding shut down so easily. With no egress and often needing to set up timed casts/channels to proc CLs/Tk waves one of two things needs to be given.

1. either an additional, bigger knockback than force wave/dis or 2, the occasional ability to use an activation ability on the move. the idea is you still have to activate, it's not instant, but you can do it on the move.

I would propose a charge system. like LS/Disturbance casts build up charges of force will up to a max of 5...you can consume force wills to either give varying degrees of a knockback to any of turbulence/TB, tk wave/CL or tk throw/LS that increase per charge, or instead you can consume the charge to allow you x secs per charge of moving while using activation abilities. the knockback ability has a cooldown as does the move and activate ability, but their cooldowns a separate, building charges has no cooldowns and occurs whenever you cast disturbance/LS.. which can give a desired level of control on when you get a peeling boost, and gives you an interesting choice on whether to go for a knockback or a move while casting.

b) I would also like an enhanced escape mechanic for the sorc/sage - i would suggest force jump, that acts like a kind of mage blink, but instead of vanishing you do a stylistic acrobatic front flip or back flip .

My other concern with this class is that it needed something a bit more exciting in terms of offensive abilities and cool mobility to help it look more jedi/sith ish ... not really having much use for the lightsaber is annoying, and since it was a range class, having a floating saber ability would work perfectly - essentially an extra dot or mini comp that can use your lightsaber abilities. The idea is that the sorc/sage while casting at range will have his lightsaber for a short duration (with cooldown) melee oppooennets while he continues casting his abilities from range.. he can use the force to manipualte the lightsaber to do some of the melee moves like double strike, which would allow some of the assassin/shadow melee abilities to be consualr/inquistor wide instead of just being restricted to assassin/shadow..as now sorc sages will be able to use them through the floating lightsaber.

skills could extend duration of the floating saber for both lightning/tk and balance/madness builds

Just a small suggestion, nothing to in depth. but I would like to see force speed changed to use force but no cooldown, than the 20 sec cooldown force free use that it currently has. Much like the OP/Smugs

Add in Consumption and a Shield and you just broke Hutball.