Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter IX KOTFE Character mute

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Chapter IX KOTFE Character mute

EliteSeraph
01.20.2016 , 07:14 PM | #41
The voice acting of the original SWTOR style is the main thing that sets the game apart from other MMOs. The acting often sets the tone of the character in ways text couldn't ever do. Some characters, such as the sassy/sarcastic female sith sorc just wouldn't be the same without VA.

It's one thing of the original VA wasn't available, but refusing to pay for and use them as they have in previous content is a colossal mistake, even in non-story missions. Miami t of nostalgia for older games will change that.
__________________________________________________ __
Even if you don't like what I'm saying, it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

BrianDavion
01.20.2016 , 07:41 PM | #42
I have no problem with it. Honestly it's preferable to the alternative of "computer terminal dalies"
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

Myore
01.21.2016 , 05:08 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Jesus. That conversation is only used in the alliance system. I don't understand why so many people didn't bash bioware for the daily quests in Yavin where you pick them up with no dialogue options at all.
For me it's bad because IT IS for Alliance system. I didn't mind text-boxes with little dialogue for side/daily quests in SOR. I actually liked it. These quests usually don't add anything to the story, so why bother. You just want to grab and finish them asap anyway. It was a big change but didn't make your character lifeless (Also, I liked pretty pictures).

But making text-boxes with scrollable list of answers (and you being a wall) in companion recruitment quests is imo really bad thing to do. They are going to be your bros! And seeing how you approach them with pokerface makes me uninterested in what they want from me. It made me hit random answer for the first time because I didn't care for them.

Also, reunion with old companions... I had tears in my eyes seeing my best friend 4X (lvl30) thinking: "it's been 5 years for my character". I wanted to see my PC giving him at least a huge smile and saying sth like: "I f*** missed you, bro!". But the conversation turned out to be so plain like nothing never happened. My character was like "Yeah, whatever...". I didn't like this. (I made up my own reaction and molested him afterwards.)

Now, whether it's gonna be happy or not, imagine reunion with loved ones and you being a wall... Don't do this BW D:

Vemia
06.26.2017 , 04:56 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
It's only for the alliance thing. It's not going to be an ongoing thing for the chapters. It's no different than SOR. Pick up a daily quest your character gives one line and you have no options for choices. You just instantly get the quest. This is a far better alternative.
Thank goodness it's not Perminant