Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DEVS Storyline feedback and request for more interactions, especially LIs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
DEVS Storyline feedback and request for more interactions, especially LIs

grania
04.14.2016 , 02:02 PM | #21
Quote:
I want to see Theron and Satele interact more.
This latest chapter wasn't my favorite but there was one thing I thoroughly enjoyed - seeing, presumably, Theron's droid toys in Satele ship. D'aww.. I wish I could have said something to Theron about it, wish I could tell him his mother loves him.

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

JennyFlynn
04.14.2016 , 04:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
This latest chapter wasn't my favorite but there was one thing I thoroughly enjoyed - seeing, presumably, Theron's droid toys in Satele ship. D'aww.. I wish I could have said something to Theron about it, wish I could tell him his mother loves him.
I would have loved an additional post-chapter dialogue in which Theron asks you about the meeting you had with his mother. It seemed like a big surprise to him, no doubt he's curious because awkward as their relationship may be at times.. I do think he cares about his mother as much as she cares about him even if they both put on the tough and distanced act.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Cindlehr
04.14.2016 , 07:28 PM | #23
I didn't put together that the toys were his! I thought they were little sculptures or something. What killed me was her locket. He's a teenager in the image. He's not a baby or toddler, he's a teenager. She could have had pictures or something, nope she had something very personal that she could keep close, hide in her clothes. Not just of her baby but her son as a teenager. This means that whole time Theron thought she just didn't care, she was keeping tabs on him. Like, it somehow shatters the image of her being cold and distant. It shows her more being the jedi leader she chose to become, but in her own private time, even maybe just stealing a moment to look at her little boy, and she can't do anything. It really resonates with the thought in Annihilation where Jace says he thinks she regrets the choice she made.

What drives me nuts is they put small things like this for us to find, but never follow up on them. Like I wish we could have had a private moment where we could tell Theron we found the locket. Then be able to maybe check on him and talk more later. Comfort him if need be. Because that would be shocking and probably bring up anger and resentment, but also knowledge that he really did mean something to her.

The letter Lana changes if you do the thing- I want to see Theron get one anyways saying good things and him mentioning it to you. Maybe mention you found the toys too lol

I mean they have such a great character, his letters are perfect. We just want to see him and other LIs doing things with you, bonding. If you break up they're devastated but we don't see why. He says you are the only reason he kept going then he'd take care of you, but nothing has backed it up.

Lanas destroy the galaxy letter was amazing too!

Also we figured out somewhere on the Theron Shan thread; on Yavin, we're pretty positive that they banged on the ship they're standing at
Thank you dev's for Theron Shan !!!!!!! Now just please don't kill him...
aka this >>> http://imgur.com/FqX4Znu

Cindlehr
04.14.2016 , 07:29 PM | #24
Also wondering where Jace is. Id think something would have been mentioned if something had happened to him

Cindlehr
04.20.2016 , 05:49 PM | #25
bumping post back up

McBaal
04.22.2016 , 05:46 AM | #26
I think you are expecting too much. There are so many LIs, creating personalized scenes for each or most of them would be too expansive and / or time consuming. The ME2 option is all you can hope for: Unvoiced, universal scenes / letters where only the NPCs skins / names need to be exchanged.

I hate to be rude, but this is not some kind of online **** game

Eanelinea
04.23.2016 , 11:36 AM | #27
I definitely want more with our LIs. Whether they're our spouses we get back, or if it's Theron/Lana/Koth.

I'm not saying it has to be EVERYTHING related around this. But you were in Carbonite for FIVE years. Lana and Theron MISSED you, thought you were dead, risked everything for you, etc and now you're in a relationship, but only tiny mentions of it.

I got Jorgan back on my Trooper. She never flirted, cheated, or anything and he sometimes has dialogue. Like they reunite, awesome, loved it in chapter 11. Chapter 12 only has it if you send him in second and not first.

My girls are married and either received their husband back, or are waiting for their husband to return.

My guys are in a relationship with Theron, just a little more evidence would be nice.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Eanelinea
04.23.2016 , 11:40 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I would have loved an additional post-chapter dialogue in which Theron asks you about the meeting you had with his mother. It seemed like a big surprise to him, no doubt he's curious because awkward as their relationship may be at times.. I do think he cares about his mother as much as she cares about him even if they both put on the tough and distanced act.
Only some of my people got the Theron reaction, others didn't. I can't say what *I* did to bring it about, but it was something I did/didn't do that did it. I picked option 1 for all my people, including my 'evil dark side wench' to tell everyone where I was/what happened to me. (I don't see why I wouldn't tell them, they were worried)

I DO love the letter Theron sends you when you come back. Him saying he basically freaked out. (Only got those on my two males, my females are married and don't cheat).
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Lillilii
04.30.2016 , 04:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by McBaal View Post
I think you are expecting too much. There are so many LIs, creating personalized scenes for each or most of them would be too expansive and / or time consuming. The ME2 option is all you can hope for: Unvoiced, universal scenes / letters where only the NPCs skins / names need to be exchanged.

I hate to be rude, but this is not some kind of online **** game
I totally disagree.
Someone earlier pointed out that the game revolves around the stories and interactions - just as much as slaughter on different planets. We see the consequences of the choices we make. Now that we have the Kotfe expansion thinggy, our actions (we are told) will colour the final outcome/conclusion. With the strongholds came the option of more "off game" play for those who want to decorate and entertain (something I miss from the original SWG). I class LI's/romances as a parallell story to our missions and character developments. I would think this would matter loads to the rp players out there too. I still don't think it's unreasonable to wish for more of any kind of interactions with companions (be they LI's or non-romancable companions). Neither do I think it would have to be expensive. I just don't like the thing of so say having companions who tag along with you on these amazing adventures either being silent or repeating comments like "Up and at 'em" or "Don't let me die" five billion times ... Any decent story, which Star Wars IS, should have a pinch of romance in the mix of it all. Otherwise it's like baking a cake without the sugar or baking soda if you like.
Peter from Family Guy; This is a story of love and loss, fathers and sons, and the foresight to retain international merchandising rights. This is the story of Star Wars. Let's begin with part four.

Cindlehr
05.13.2016 , 04:56 AM | #30
bump