Bioware: 2.0 Commendation Conversion (Save/Cap or Spend)

itsmymillertime

With 2.0 and the change to commendations, my question is with elder game currency, Tionese / Columi / Black Hole, should I save them so when 2.0 hits, they will convert to Classic Commendations so I can buy Camapign Gear, or spend them.

1. Will the conversion allow for weekly cap overage and ability to spend them all day 1 of 2.0?

2. What is the conversion rate so I can decide to spend or save a certain type of T/C/BH comm?

3. Will live version of Campaign Gear get modified to what Campaign Gear is on 2.0?

all the millions of credits and the hours trying to get Dread Guard/Campaign gear is going straight down the drain...as it seems.

Hopefully with Full BH we will be able to do 55 HMFP still or...

First mission from 50-51, will reward you with a chest piece thats 5x better than DG. :rolleyes:

With 2.0 and the change to commendations, my question is with elder game currency, Tionese / Columi / Black Hole, should I save them so when 2.0 hits, they will convert to Classic Commendations so I can buy Camapign Gear, or spend them.

1. Will the conversion allow for weekly cap overage and ability to spend them all day 1 of 2.0?

2. What is the conversion rate so I can decide to spend or save a certain type of T/C/BH comm?

3. Will live version of Campaign Gear get modified to what Campaign Gear is on 2.0?

Indeed, there needs to be a detailed explanation of how current players will be effected by the changes.

If and how they convert, and for example, what happens to people that have say 800 daily comms, 600 black hole comms and similar amounts of columi and tio?

I'm on the PTS, and none of these answers are there, and nothing in the 2.0 Patch notes.

Actually looks self explanatory from the patch notes:

Commendations

• Weekly limits are now enforced on Commendation gains for each Commendation type. Players will not be able to obtain any Commendations beyond the weekly limit displayed in the Currency Window. This limit is reset on a weekly schedule that corresponds with the weekly Operations lockout reset schedule.

• Basic Commendations, Elite Commendations, and Ultimate Commendations can now be earned from content at levels 51-55. These commendation types can be used to purchase increasingly more powerful gear at level 55. The Basic Gear Vendor will prepare you for group content at 55, the Elite Gear Vendor will prepare you for Operations at level 55, and the Ultimate Gear Vendor will prepare you for the most challenging Operations bosses in the Galaxy.

• Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single “Planetary Commendation” type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.

• Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.

Items and Economy

Vendor refunds for items purchased with Commendations will count towards the new weekly Commendation limit and may result in a loss in Commendations if the refund amount goes above the limit.

General

Classic Commendations can now be acquired from level 50 Flashpoints, Operations, and daily areas, and they can be used to purchase Campaign gear from the Classic Gear Vendor on the Fleet, in addition to many items previously purchased for Daily Commendations at Mission Support Vendors.

In Summary:

All previous commendations are gone, No more specific planet commendations their all 1 type of commendation called Planetary Commendation.

No more Daily, Tionese, Columni or Black Hole Commendations and they have all been replaced with Classic Commendations.

I too would like to know the converstion plans and converstion rate.

In 2.0 a black hole mission that gave one daily gave one classic com so will we see all daily coms turned into Classic coms will the rate be 1 to 1?

What about Black hole, columni and Tionese will they be converted 1 to 1 or will we get more classic comms for black hole comes and Columni coms which are more difficult to obtain than daily comms?

I suspect I like a lot of people are in limbo not sure what to do as the idea of running flashpoints and opps just to lose the comms seems a waste, and I dont know if I should spend my comms or save them depending on if I will keep them or if I will be able to get the new lv 55 stuff when 2.0 hits?

I know the are being converted. What I want to know is if we will lose anything beyond 400 (or 200) comms?

I have well over 1,000 in different comms that will be converted to classic comms. There is a 200 weekly cap and a 400 max cap on the PTS. So when 2.0 hits and I log in - will I just have 200 or 400 classic comms? Can an exception be made for the first week to allow us to burn them?

Hopefully they will do what WoW has done in the past when they converted tokens - if you went over the cap from the conversation it allowed it to happen, you just couldn't earn more on top of it until you spent below the cap. Other times they gave you gold for the amount over the cap.

Actually looks self explanatory from the patch notes:

In Summary:

All previous commendations are gone, No more specific planet commendations their all 1 type of commendation called Planetary Commendation.

No more Daily, Tionese, Columni or Black Hole Commendations and they have all been replaced with Classic Commendations.

Yes, we all know about the new comms, but that doesn't answer what happens to the hundreds of existing comms many people have in their inventories.

Both of these bullet points below are clear in that these particular items convert to the new comms, and although not noted, probably at a 1 to 1 ratio or whatever.

But, why no bullet points on our existing Daily, Black Hole, Columi, Tionese comms?

Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single “Planetary Commendation” type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.

Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.

So, the questions I and a lot of people have, still remain unanswered.