Referral Program Temporary Unavailable

EricMusco

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've posted mine on other gaming forums to encourage folks to come try SWTOR and I know from responses on those forums that people have used my link. I figure it can't hurt letting strangers use my link. They get something from it and I only get something if they actually subscribe in 14 days. I've not had many hits but enough to keep trying.

I only post mine here as part of my sig, and I've netted over 100K CC just from regular posting. I can't imagine how many coins the spammers must have.

Suggestion: while this is being "investigated", please have the link forward to a notice that the referral program is bugged and not working. After hitting the "dead link" page a few times each day over the past week while trying to get my nephew set up on a new account, I finally realized it may be something is wrong and I should check the forums. I found a post in the "new players" for him or somebody had a link to this post… That's the only way I found that this is a known issue and is being worked on.

I know it's frustrating for any player (new, returning or veteran) to read up on this program and just hit a dead link when trying to utilize it!

In other news, posts by players with referral links in their sigs reduce by 90%.

refer to the bottom of my post for calling them for free via skype.

You can also call customer support by using Skype. Set your country in the call portion of skype to U.S.A. and dial USA: 1-(855)-345-2186

This way you can call them for free.

That's pretty cool, the one time I've had to call EA Support was via Skype to their toll free line. How very modern of EA to have a dedicated Skype answering system. Edited by Falensawino

I've had an issue with it as well, for almost a month now. My in-game ticket was removed after about 20 days of no response.

I have 7 referrals, and I received the speeder and the Cartel cash, but none of the pets. It's not a huge deal, but it's nice to follow through with promised items.

Anyone else have that issue?

Edited by SteyrTMPII

I've noticed that the "Refer a Friend" tab on the "My Account" page has been removed. Should we assume that Refer a Friend is being discontinued?

They say temporary unavailable so I guess that means they have it up and running again when they fixed all the bugs.

Edited by Icestar

So permanently discontinued. :(

Seriously, in the past Ive never seen them remove items from the "My Account" page for temporary changes or bug fixes, just for planned, permanent ones.

Lets give them some time, I guess they got alot to sort out before bringing it up again.

Perhaps they are revising the rules how the referrals will work.

We will know in time

if they bring back a neutered version of the RAF program that doesn't let you get cartel coins from people who were already subs its gonna be pretty hilarious on the forums. On one hand it would be funny to see the amount of extreme butthurt from people who got their hundreds of dollars in free cartel coins a month but at the same time it would just show the sheer incompetence of Bioware for completely ignoring what has been common knowledge for like 2 years and only now realizing they should do something about it.

Shocking they aren't rushing to give away free stuff.... Yet another EA bait and switch.

In what way is taking down the refer-a-friend program to resolve an issue "bait and switch"? I don't think you have any idea what the term actually means, without having to google it.