Buying Unidentified Mods / Enhancements - RNG foolishness

Matt-ITA

Dear developers,

I've been trying to get the Lethal Superior Mod 80R-2 from Takanna the <Spoils of War Vendor>. I've spent around 25'000 Tech Fragments only buying Unidentified Mods, so let's say I've bought about 142 of them. Guess how many Lethal Superior Mod 80R-2 have I got? Zero.

Please, stop this RNG madness, give at least the chance to spend even 5'000 Tech Fragments for ONE SINGLE mod, but please, let me choose the item I'm buying.

I suppose the same would apply for the Enhancement, but so far I'm focusing on Mods, since it seems it's harder to get the exact version I want on those.

Edited by Matt-ITA

Welcome to SWTOR 6.0 revenge of the worst idea's ever developed by man. Play your way as long as your way is running hundreds of flashpoints and wasting tens of millions to get one gold crafted item.

No point in getting any of the mods other than Lethal 80 (and perhaps A or B depending on class and profession) and those are something you can collect enough of to fill out your armor sets. The rest seem to be trash fillers to inflate and delay progression. To create the illusion you are getting lots of gear, but in reality all you are getting is lots of trash you have to spend hours sorting through to find one or two useful items.

The underlying design goal for adding dozens of modification variants and tying them to RNG is to consume (waste) player time by giving them an +1 stat weight variant to chase, and all your post does is proves that it has worked.

If they let players buy whatever they want, then there would be no reason to have all the silly variants.

And while I think it is foolish to obsess over it to the extent of burning tens of thousands of tech fragments, I personally believe they should just remove the variants and go back to the base modifications (for mods - unlettered, A, and B).