Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

BacaWicket

Well I guess your word is law then and no point for debate, or should I say George Lucas word is law... To hell with what Lucas says. He is not running the show anymore. Malgus is a beast and can take a beating. Sidious would have to beat Malgus within an inch of his life. It would be a good fight, and possibly a victory for Malgus depending on environmental factors. That is my opinion even though it's not a popular one. This thread was started to provoke debate. If nobody plays devil's advocate then the thread gets boring.

Considering DE Sidious can destroy entire starfleets with the force and even pre Dark Empire Sidious has mastered every form of lightsaber combat. I don't see how Malgus stands a chance. Sidious is the master of every saber style and has a far more powerful connection to the force than him. If Malgus and Sidious were essentially equal then that would make Vitiate far superior to Sidious. Problem is just because someone created this debate doesn't mean it's a fair debate. Star Wars, as much as people don't like it, essentially has power levels and this has been true since the EU came into existence. Some people hated it but then the prequel movies even went that route with Midichlorians.

We know some people have more than others and that the more you have? The more powerful you are. So in universe there's even ways to measure someone's level and tell just how strong someone else. Malgus just does not have the power Sidious has. It would be like someone trying to argue Frieza from DBZ against Buu Saga Gotenks.

Edited by Rhyltran

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering DE Sidious can destroy entire starfleets with the force and even pre Dark Empire Sidious has mastered every form of lightsaber combat. I don't see how Malgus stands a chance. Sidious is the master of every saber style and has a far more powerful connection to the force than him. If Malgus and Sidious were essentially equal then that would make Vitiate far superior to Sidious. Problem is just because someone created this debate doesn't mean it's a fair debate. Star Wars, as much as people don't like it, essentially has power levels and this has been true since the EU came into existence. Some people hated it but then the prequel movies even went that route with Midichlorians.

We know some people have more than others and that the more you have? The more powerful you are. So in universe there's even ways to measure someone's level and tell just how strong someone else. Malgus just does not have the power Sidious has. It would be like someone trying to argue Frieza from DBZ against Buu Saga Gotenks.

Eh I wouldn't go that route with how powerful someone would be compared to another.

Just go by feats and such. In which Sidious surpasses Malgus by virtue of everything.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yea I guess I neglected to take Dark Empire Sidious into consideration, which is better suited for a Sidious vs Vitiate debate. My argument was strictly regarding pre dark empire Sidious.

Sidious's powers depicted in DE was were I feel the writers really went off the rails in a major way. If Sidious was that powerful, capable of destroying fleets, laying waste to planets, then why bother with the Deathstars? Why bother with the Grand Plan? Why didn't he simply come up with a way to gather the majority of the Jedi in one spot and just vaporize them all in one fell swoop with his GOD_LIKE Dark Side power?

Sidious's powers depicted in DE was were I feel the writers really went off the rails in a major way. If Sidious was that powerful, capable of destroying fleets, laying waste to planets, then why bother with the Deathstars? Why bother with the Grand Plan? Why didn't he simply come up with a way to gather the majority of the Jedi in one spot and just vaporize them all in one fell swoop with his GOD_LIKE Dark Side power?

This isn't exactly a new argument, tbh.

Anyway, the primary reason for all of this is that he couldn't use it at the time. He learned how to use and control it during the Galactic Civil War, but couldn't use it because it would destroy his body.

In time, the channeled anger of the dark side will prove just as destructive as the Death Star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions.

--Taken from the Book of Sith

The Death Star was always a temporary stage in Palpatine's plans. Dark Empire is basically a demonstration of what he hoped the Galactic Empire would become, a power built and fueled on the strength of the dark side.

Bearing in mind that prior to his death, he had yet to attain this power.

Edited by Beniboybling