Synth Rakata Gear - BOP?

DawgPoundSwag

You can't please everyone. The only advantage of Sythweavers are rakata slots, supposedly BIS. That is an advantage of taking up Synth, just like BOP relics, reusable stims, etc.

Once Rakata starts to be phased out, who knows all items will be BOE.

I was wondering if the BOP changed after 1.2. I want to make some bracers and belts for guildees, but obviously don't want to waste mats if this stuff is stil BOP, as the item description says. Was this supposed to be fixed with 1.2? and is the item description wrong? I guess the only way to find out is to craft something...bummer.

I was wondering if the BOP changed after 1.2. I want to make some bracers and belts for guildees, but obviously don't want to waste mats if this stuff is stil BOP, as the item description says. Was this supposed to be fixed with 1.2? and is the item description wrong? I guess the only way to find out is to craft something...bummer.

Don't bother, it's still BOP.

wasted of credits if you ask me. It was one of the things that I thought would go to BoE, like the Cybertech speeders, but no. makes no sense. Crafting in this game is pretty lame in retrospect

Cybertech, You can get better mods and armoring from vendors

Synthweaving: You can get better gear from vendors

Armormech: You can get better gear from vendors

Armstech, you can get better gear from vendors

I've wasted a lot of time and credits getting my crafting skills to 400, and all they are good for is outfitting my companions. I'm ready to drop them and just go with Slicing, Diplomacy, and Treasure Hunting on all of my characters.

wasted of credits if you ask me. It was one of the things that I thought would go to BoE, like the Cybertech speeders, but no. makes no sense. Crafting in this game is pretty lame in retrospect

Cybertech, You can get better mods and armoring from vendors

Synthweaving: You can get better gear from vendors

Armormech: You can get better gear from vendors

Armstech, you can get better gear from vendors

I've wasted a lot of time and credits getting my crafting skills to 400, and all they are good for is outfitting my companions. I'm ready to drop them and just go with Slicing, Diplomacy, and Treasure Hunting on all of my characters.

So where are these magical vendors that sell Mark 26 armouring/mods, augmented armour and augmented weapons? They are far from useless, it just takes time and effort to get the worthwhile recipes.

It is pretty ridiculous seeing as how all the ingredients are now BOE. Change this BIOWARE! Rakata synth weave should be BOE, give us a way to make money!

They have. It's called Augmented Armour.

Seriously, allowing people to craft and sell Rakatta gear at this stage would be absurd. While part of me likes the idea of being able to skip three mini-tiers of gear as soon as I hit 50 (Epic 50/51 daily mods, Tionese gear and Columi gear) and acquire the fourth without doing anything other than spending credits... it isn't a good idea.

They have. It's called Augmented Armour.

Seriously, allowing people to craft and sell Rakatta gear at this stage would be absurd. While part of me likes the idea of being able to skip three mini-tiers of gear as soon as I hit 50 (Epic 50/51 daily mods, Tionese gear and Columi gear) and acquire the fourth without doing anything other than spending credits... it isn't a good idea.

Jesus man, its not a full set of rakata, just the belt and bracers!

Jesus man, its not a full set of rakata, just the belt and bracers!

This is my point. It's not like you can pull the mods either. And the stuff needed to make them are only found by making Ops runs or spending an arm and a leg on crew skills and mats.