PvP Fix: That will work. [Read and Support lets get this fixed]

helleous

I think its a simple fix really, adding in a valor roll back. The ideas they have about Ilum and the dailies/weeklys are fine. However to address population imbalance, simply have the minority faction in ilum (most likely rebs) get a buff be it something like 33% stat bolster if its 2:1 in the zone, 66% at 3:1 and so on and so forth or any combination. But if say at 3AM there are more rebs out the imps get that bonus, to make things a level playing field. As close as it can be anyway.

Also decrease amount of valor gained per kill to base 5, so with all the nodes on ilum capped it will be 30-40 per kill instead of 200. In warzones add an additional (beyond medals and wins) valor gain of 5 per kill same as ilum but without the node bonus. So it would drive up incentive to warzone instead of ilum farm. As you would potentially get more valor from a WZ win in those 15 minutes then on ilum.

That will slow down valor gain, it will let the minority group hold their own providing they are good players, and fix the PvP system for the most part.

Though a roll back of the past 12 hours would probably be nice as well for the current battlemaster's who earned theirs legit.

There a rule set that would benefit all and fix most issues.

P.S - The stat bolster should be capped at like 200% normal or something or double normal.

P.S.S - Reducing the amount of CC it takes to cap the white bar, an equal measure.

P.S.S.S - Base invulns or resets after a certain period of time. To eliminate spawn camps currently going. And prevent it in the future.

P.S.S.S.S - Keep gameplay suggested on page four by Hargrave. Give it a read as well.

Edited by helleous

everyone might be complaining on the forums right now, calling for rollbacks, but if they rolled back what people spent 8 or so hours farming, I can guarantee you a lot more people will quit.

basically, what they would be doing is rolling back 8 hours of work for people who didn't cheat just so that they could roll back about 3 hours of work for people who did.

so, no, they shouldn't roll back, but they should see who leveled up stupidly fast today and reset theirs.

everyone might be complaining on the forums right now, calling for rollbacks, but if they rolled back what people spent 8 or so hours farming, I can guarantee you a lot more people will quit.

basically, what they would be doing is rolling back 8 hours of work for people who didn't cheat just so that they could roll back about 3 hours of work for people who did.

so, no, they shouldn't roll back, but they should see who leveled up stupidly fast today and reset theirs.

They shouldn't have wasted time grinding Valor so easily from 50 to 80 for 24 hours and expecting it to last.

The simplest and most immediate fix they need is to protect respawning players at the graveyard. Unless, of course, it's their intention to weed out players from PvP by making them frustrated beyond belief by being helplessly farmed over and over.

The problem with stats buffs is that sometimes fight break down into small group action, like 1-on-1 or 2-on-2. When one side has a big bufff simply because elewhere there is an imbalance it can get frustrating. It's a relatively easy and dirty way to fix things I suppose, but it is not very satisfactory overall.

A better design would be to make the objectives in a way that encourages people to spread out, meaning that even with imbalances it should be possible for the lower population faction to get things done if they are a bit more patient. Instead Bioware did the opposite and made everyone go to the middle which boggles my mind.

How would this fix address the fact that you fly into 20-50 imps aoeing the spawns? You need to add beter base defenses. There are two turrets to guard the entire base? That is pretty sad. Perhaps some type odf domination timer? If a base is under the controll of the other faction for a certain time it resets and the base iis inv and turrets 1 shot until the factions pushes back to the main base..sorta like in Warhammer.

Red

WAR did something like this..

Except, the first thing the developers would need to do was to admit there was an imabalance.

Last they said were it was like 51:49 favoring Imps. Which cannot be right.

With that said, WAR gave a 15% bonus XP gain. I know it wouldn't help in PVP but it did help balance out some servers.