Combat Interactive Decorations

Xo-Lara

I was thinking of a set of decorations that work like the explosive tank or the electric charge barrel in PvE. People could set up their stronghold for PvP duels and they, if they wanted to, could add these decorations as hazards for players to use against each other.

If you get a player with a skill for level design you might get some Strongholds serving as popular arenas.

To add on the concept, you might add decorations that function as heals, temporary barriers, and retrieval objectives.

However, I would suggest limiting how much damage the decorations do so that a player won't die solely of hazards.

• 1 year later...
I was thinking of a set of decorations that work like the explosive tank or the electric charge barrel in PvE. People could set up their stronghold for PvP duels and they, if they wanted to, could add these decorations as hazards for players to use against each other.

If you get a player with a skill for level design you might get some Strongholds serving as popular arenas.

To add on the concept, you might add decorations that function as heals, temporary barriers, and retrieval objectives.

However, I would suggest limiting how much damage the decorations do so that a player won't die solely of hazards.

We got the first step of the way in this by having a stronghold that can support PvP better, thanks :), but we still don't have those combat decos yet. Hopefully they are in the pipeline and will be released later. I'm glad to see that other people are being given things they like in strongholds. This move could help strongholds become an even larger selling point for the game.

• 1 year later...
I'm happy to say that this year's Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event contains deco rewards that function as hazards if the player gets to close. Nice to see this idea implemented. Thanks to the people that made it possible. :D Hopefully more decos like this are in the works.

The floor trap and electric wall are on a Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event vendor. You have to do the event to earn the golden certificates needed to buy them. That's how I tested the floor trap. I bought it then placed it in my stronghold to see if it did what I suspected it did.