"Controlled Burst DPS": 4/12/25

Cambogan

Anyone else running this spec (courtesy of Omegix/Taugrim)?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801bMZMsMrZfhrbdhhM.1

I tried a similar spec today (swapped parallactic combat stims for rapid recharge). Seems pretty good. Slightly less dps and no assault plastique seem a reasonable trade off for more utility (particularly 6sec interupt, though shorter CDs on harpoon and cryo grenade are also useful). Anyone tried it and didn't like it?

I should mention that I pvp exclusively.

Apone - Level 50 Vanguard - Master Dar'Nala

Anyone else running this spec (courtesy of Omegix/Taugrim)?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801bMZMsMrZfhrbdhhM.1

I tried a similar spec today (swapped parallactic combat stims for rapid recharge). Seems pretty good. Slightly less dps and no assault plastique seem a reasonable trade off for more utility (particularly 6sec interupt, though shorter CDs on harpoon and cryo grenade are also useful). Anyone tried it and didn't like it?

I should mention that I pvp exclusively.

You are falling into a trap that I did early on as well. Occasional utility is not even half as useful as damage skills for a DPS. If you want utility, go SS.

Like you, I am exclusively PVP.

if you are DPS, go DPS and skip the skills that don't add to that OR are only "occasional" tools in PVP.

Nothing you are picking up makes up for dropping AP. AP is a major DPS boost and is the best way to deal with those cloakers you fight that like to hit their emergency escape when near dead.....they get low, toss on AP, they cloak and run away....beep...beep.beepbeepBANGdead. Would your utilities have killed them? Nope.

A shorter CD on Cryo 'nade and harpoon would be nice, but I seldom ever find them unavailable when I need them, even in Huttball. I'm also confused by the mention of the interrupt skill in PVP. Who can you interrupt? Most lvl50s have some skill or ability that prevents interrupts of their key skills short of a full on CC (thus NC or CG would be better suited anyway). It's so useless that I don't even hot key it....save it for PVE. Nightvision scope?

Check the skills out on this...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMbZ0cZcGrbzGhrs.1

Everything flows as one with each point building to do one thing...DPS. Little if anything is wasted on a slight increase in some non-dps utility that doesn't contribute directly to the death of the other player.

AP is what makes your assault spec burst so good. AP is a burst creating tool, as well as a non-wasted skill when attacking immune targets (marauders with UR up, sins that are glowing white). I would not step into PVP without it.

AP is what makes your assault spec burst so good. AP is a burst creating tool, as well as a non-wasted skill when attacking immune targets (marauders with UR up, sins that are glowing white). I would not step into PVP without it.

The whole point of assault is the burst, which comes from the delay-timer of AP so that you get AP+HiB at once. ^^^ So what he said.

Edited by olemanbourbon

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad I asked. I'll spec back to full dps immediately.

Only thing I'll add is that interrupts seem to work against merc's tracer missile and cast time heals. Doesn't do any thing against lightning sorcs or the warrior channeled attack (master strike). Do any of you know where I could find a list of the uninterruptable channeled abilities?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad I asked. I'll spec back to full dps immediately.

Only thing I'll add is that interrupts seem to work against merc's tracer missile and cast time heals. Doesn't do any thing against lightning sorcs or the warrior channeled attack (master strike). Do any of you know where I could find a list of the uninterruptable channeled abilities?

Cry'nade, NS, heck even a taunt would be better used and it's not gone, just on a slower time. You have plenty of utility already, your spec just over did it for no gain and a loss of DPS.