So you added same-sex romance options, great. But wait, there isn't also an opposite

Toat

opposite sex romance option? You're kidding right. I'm beggining to think that Bioware can do nothing right, which they seem to be proving over and over again that they are just in way over their head with this MMO business.

Can someone help me to not view this "expansion" like such a piece of crap?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm... There were already plenty of existing heterosexual romances in the game, and no need to add another one?

It's supposed to be an expansion. That means an expansion to the entire game and 5 more levels. I.E. a chance for 50s sitting at level cap since launch to experience new story content, yet it contains only same-sex and not opposite-sex romance options? How is this not mind-blowing?

It's supposed to be an expansion. That means an expansion to the entire game and 5 more levels. I.E. a chance for 50s sitting at level cap since launch to experience new story content, yet it contains only same-sex and not opposite-sex romance options? How is this not mind-blowing?

If a couple of lame flirt options and a fade-to-black kiss (if even) are your main incentives for buying the expansion, you may want to re-assess your priorities.

Bottom line is that the game was already choc full of in-depth OGRs in the form of companions, so adding another one wasn't a pressing need. The pro-SGR people didn't have anything, and Bioware finally threw them a bone.

Edited by murshawursha

But how unfair, poor you.... You've had OGRs since launch, with companions, for all classes and some of them, more than one option. Bunch of OGR flirts pretty much in any planet you step on. Yeah, you are being neglected and ignored. You should feel rightfuly outraged. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess I'm more mad that it's not actually an expansion but just a content patch that they're charging for.

And so you take it out on the under-represented group that were attacked by posters on this forum for wanting content that Bioware and EA had provided in previous games?

And so you take it out on the under-represented group that were attacked by posters on this forum for wanting content that Bioware and EA had provided in previous games?

What? No. Stop pretending to be victimized. I'm extremely gay friendly, but I think it should be equal.

I don't buy the argument that just because the first version of the game had only opposite-sex romance that it's ok that a new content patch has only same-sex romance, the goal should be for content to have both.

I guess I'm more mad that it's not actually an expansion but just a content patch that they're charging for.

I would call it an expansion (5 new levels plus whole new planet storyline).

I guess I'm confused by the issue: are you arguing that it's not because there aren't enough opposite-sex romance options for you (even though they did add some)? Or is it something else that's lacking?

I don't buy the argument that just because the first version of the game had only opposite-sex romance that it's ok that a new content patch has only same-sex romance,

Except, that's not true.

the goal should be for content to have both.

It does.

Edited by stuffystuffs

What? No. Stop pretending to be victimized. I'm extremely gay friendly, but I think it should be equal.

I don't buy the argument that just because the first version of the game had only opposite-sex romance that it's ok that a new content patch has only same-sex romance, the goal should be for content to have both.

You realise that the Lady of Makeb on the Republic side is bisexual, right? And most of the "not Lord Cytharat" Flirts are available for both genders?

Bioware still aren't entirely sure what they're supposed to be doing with all these romance and flirt options, fine, but your initial post did come across, perhaps not as an attack, but as someone whining that all the stuff they've had up until now isn't enough because "Oh my god, I can't romance the gay guy with my lady!" - congratulations, you've encountered the one gay character in the entire game.

Everything should be equal eh? Yet you complain that after they gave us 3 opposite sex relationship options on all classes as well as numerous non companion OGR when they give us 1 SGR that it's not equal?

Oh and please try not to complain when BW actually listens to the community. They have proved time and time again that they don't give a **** what we say and pissing on the one time the actually listen is just going to make things worse.

Where? I played through Makeb and there is definitely no hetero-romance option.

Male republic players can have a mini-romance with one of the main female characters.

If you want to count 'flirt' opportunities, republic and imperial male PCs have 2-3 options (mainly with the quest givers for the seeker droid/binocular quests).

Female hetero flirts/romances are pretty much non-existent. There's one flirt option for a female imp...I haven't seen any on the republic side.

I'm willing to bet that there are more male on female flirt prompts in Makeb dialog than any other combination (female on female, male on male, female on male).

There you go.

So you are claiming that the female on Makeb can be romanced by a male, yet it was definitely not an option as I played through on my male character. So I don't understand why you are claiming that.

So you are claiming that the female on Makeb can be romanced by a male, yet it was definitely not an option as I played through on my male character. So I don't understand why you are claiming that.

Honestly, I don't have a male toon so I'm not speaking from personal experience but others have stated it's possible to woo the scientist, Lembda regardless of your character's gender.

That is the claim and it's correct. Sorry that your mind is apparently blown by your own failure to notice an opposite-gender romance, but I can't really be bothered at the moment; my male consular is a bit too busy sitting in the corner with a young geologist, making out. Dibs.

opposite sex romance option? You're kidding right. I'm beggining to think that Bioware can do nothing right, which they seem to be proving over and over again that they are just in way over their head with this MMO business.

Uh, every other flirt and romance option in the game is straight, not really feeling a lot of outrage because they didn't add more to be "fair" with the whole...2 SGR flirt options that came with the expansion.

Edited by jovianus

The funny part to all this and most posts on this forum...what ever made anyone think, things had to be fair? o.O

You realise that the Lady of Makeb on the Republic side is bisexual, right? And most of the "not Lord Cytharat" Flirts are available for both genders?

Bioware still aren't entirely sure what they're supposed to be doing with all these romance and flirt options, fine, but your initial post did come across, perhaps not as an attack, but as someone whining that all the stuff they've had up until now isn't enough because "Oh my god, I can't romance the gay guy with my lady!" - congratulations, you've encountered the one gay character in the entire game.

But that one is apparently one too many for someone like the OP, who's not happy that I'm getting the option to [flirt] (and a pretty piss-poor "flirt" it was, too - three dialog choices and one kiss!) with a NPC when there isn't another NPC right there for him to [flirt] with, in order to reassure himself of his heterosexuality.

But that one is apparently one too many for someone like the OP, who's not happy that I'm getting the option to [flirt] (and a pretty piss-poor "flirt" it was, too - three dialog choices and one kiss!) with a NPC when there isn't another NPC right there for him to [flirt] with, in order to reassure himself of his heterosexuality.

Wow...you really stretched that one! *Clap clap*

Urgh, the privilege and sense of entitlement here is breathtaking to an almost offensive level.

You are right, things are not equal or fair, they are dramatically tipped in favour of heterosexuals and now you are whining about not getting even more. That is nothing short of contemptible.

Urgh, the privilege and sense of entitlement here is breathtaking to an almost offensive level.

You are right, things are not equal or fair, they are dramatically tipped in favour of heterosexuals and now you are whining about not getting even more. That is nothing short of contemptible.

This.

If, as the OP claims, s/he wants equality, then why is s/he not complaining that there aren't SGR options in the rest of the game? Privilege in action folks.

Am I the only one that finds this whole romancing npcs a little creepy? Maybe I'm old fashion, but I go out and find companionship when I want it. I dont count on some software progammer to put a "flirt" option in a game for me. I dont play video games for romance. If you do, maybe its time to reevalute some aspects of life.