Stealth nerf to skipping mobs before Kephuss

Are you referring to what is in the patch notes that says

or are you talking about something else?

that patch had nothing to do with trash I'm fairly sure, just people downing the boss without killing final sets of adds like on HK 47 in foundry or the middle boss of battle of ilum.

Apparently Bioware thinks it's much more important to not skip trash packs than it is to fix other things that players are much more concerned about lol. How dare you skip our Trash mobs !!!!!! Edited by Callianna
grammar correction

Yea. Seriously, skipping 3 sets of trash was so much skipping they had to "fix" it. Ridiculous!

Can we get our comms from a locked chest between Tanks and Minesweeper. We cleared the trash right after killing the tanks, locked trash. Don't say time locked, we didn't wipe or waste any time and we do it every week. It bugged out.

I'm fairly certain the chest staying locked is due to them making the loot drop from firebrand now and there not being a chest to open. My guess is that chest opening was the trigger to unlock the other chest and they never changed it because they don't know how to test anything. The skipping that's being referred to is after minefield you could jump up a cliff and skip a few packs of trash on the way to kephess. Now you just get the mortar strike of death if you try it.

Yea, you only skipped 3 packs of trash anyway to get to the chest by going the cliff route. In the end, you still clear 3 packs to get to the chest, you just omit 3 packs total from chest/getting to Kehpess.

3 whole whopping packs BW. Great fix. How are the server pops doing?

Apparently Bioware thinks it's much more important to not skip trash packs than it is to fix other things that players are much more concerned about lol. How dare you skip our Trash mobs !!!!!!

Not trash mobs of FPs/Ops! Trash/adds of Boss!

Working as intended now!

Edited by Pyrocan

Not trash mobs of FPs/Ops! Trash/adds of Boss!

Working as intended now!

Read more carefully. Before it was possible to climb a cliff and run to Kephess door with skipping about 3-5 trash packs, depending on picking the chest in between or not.

Stealth nerf is called because it wasn't said in patch notes. And yes, 2nd commendation chest is bugged for all.

I'm sure it was never intended to be able to skip the trash - why would it be? The only reason to be upset over this change is because you've gotten too used to doing it the easy way. This isn't a big deal and probably took no time at all for Them to fix. Was it nice being able to skip? Of course, but youre crazy if you didnt realize you were taking advantage of an oversight. No reason to make a big fuss over it. Edited by Typeslice

I'm sure it was never intended to be able to skip the trash - why would it be? The only reason to be upset over this change is because you've gotten too used to doing it the easy way. This isn't a big deal and probably took no time at all for Them to fix. Was it nice being able to skip? Of course, but youre crazy if you didnt realize you were taking advantage of an oversight. No reason to make a big fuss over it.

2 frownie faces isn't a fuss. its just an annoyance. Trash packs are fairly tedious in EC. We enjoyed it while it was there (and honestly, it broke the tedium and gave people in vent a chance to laugh at each other for failing to jump, that was the most enjoyable part)

Wheres the stealth nerf to skipping EC trash? or KP trash?

one instance i really liked from WoW, was ToC

an instance with no trash?!.. inconceivable!

Trash is part of the game, no issues there. ToC was horrible in design because it was a loot pinata in both normal/heroic with a solid guild. We one shot Jaraxxus 25 the 1st night of release and didn't know a single mechanic, learned as we went. I do think the trash in EC is a little too much currently, and can do with 1 less pack before ZT, 1 less for 2 Tanks, 3 less for Minesweeper, and 3 less for Kephess.

Trash is part of the game, no issues there. ToC was horrible in design because it was a loot pinata in both normal/heroic with a solid guild. We one shot Jaraxxus 25 the 1st night of release and didn't know a single mechanic, learned as we went. I do think the trash in EC is a little too much currently, and can do with 1 less pack before ZT, 1 less for 2 Tanks, 3 less for Minesweeper, and 3 less for Kephess.

ToGC was ok, it was innovative for its time. the champions fight was a real eye opener for a lot of people who simply didn't understand pvp, and having to use more than their primary buttons.

the real key to trash, is tempo. having to fight trash to get to a boss is ok, but not when everyone feels like they're dragging an anchor behind them while getting there.

i agree with your number of trash drops. it is such a groanfest after the tanks. f'n trash city.

it's like Bioware saw how short the instance was taking, and just threw in more and more trash until it was at an acceptable amount of time based upon their super-secret-best-in-industry-metrics.

There was nothing wrong with ToC it was fine for what it was meant to be, a filler raid till Icecrown.

haha the amount of time you have before you get instakilled is brutal too, you cant avoid a death if you so much as try to get up on the cliff now. At least if you try to climb over the trenches before vorgath you get a second to get down before you die.

Honestly if i was gonna nerf this I would have put an ambush up there and left it at that.

Edited by bigheadbrandon

haha the amount of time you have before you get instakilled is brutal too, you cant avoid a death if you so much as try to get up on the cliff now. At least if you try to climb over the trenches before vorgath you get a second to get down before you die.

Honestly if i was gonna nerf this I would have put an ambush up there and left it at that.

There was no time to put an ambush up there with the current system but is instead slated for 1.6 release after they work out the mechanics of how it would work, what teams would be involved, and then of course leaking information secretly on twitter.