Season 7 Top 3 Titles ?

Azheon

The granting of top 3 titles is manual, not systematized. As in, a BW employee has to look at the top 3 and then distribute the titles. Considering there is one person in particular who blatantly win traded to get top 1 in multiple classes, I would like to think they are investigating those who should have their ratings reset. It usually takes a couple weeks at least to issue the top 3 titles each season.

The granting of top 3 titles is manual, not systematized. As in, a BW employee has to look at the top 3 and then distribute the titles. Considering there is one person in particular who blatantly win traded to get top 1 in multiple classes, I would like to think they are investigating those who should have their ratings reset. It usually takes a couple weeks at least to issue the top 3 titles each season.

It's possible to do in one day. They just forgot / don't care as usual

It's possible to do in one day. They just forgot / don't care as usual

Pretty much anything is "possible", what is realistic, however, is the two-three week precedent that has been set and used for each season. I have seen peoples' ratings reset in the past during this timeframe.

• Dev Post
With all the hacking, win trading and griefing going on this season... maybe it's a good thing they are taking their time to sort out the mess.

You are spot on! We discovered that a few of the folks who are in the top 96 were win-trading or even hacking. Because of that we are taking the time to thoroughly vet the entire top 96 and we will be removing anyone from that group who has been found to be cheating (along with ToS action). We intend to have the titles granted and the leaderboard updated by 5.1, but we are hopeful to have them completed much sooner.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

You are spot on! We discovered that a few of the folks who are in the top 96 were win-trading or even hacking. Because of that we are taking the time to thoroughly vet the entire top 96 and we will be removing anyone from that group who has been found to be cheating (along with ToS action). We intend to have the titles granted and the leaderboard updated by 5.1, but we are hopeful to have them completed much sooner.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Well done Eric, hopefully you have the methodology in place to identify the win traders and hackers correctly.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Awesome! It's great to see that some time is being dedicated to these issues. Thanks for the update Eric.

Edited by J_McSkill

Thanks everyone.

-eric

And that's precisely why I don't do Rated this season even though it's a good source of CXP. I'm too afraid to get my account banned because I lose too many matches or end up playing with/against guildies in Solo Rated just because there are not enough in queue.

You should realize that if you grant CXP from Rated PvP, you encourage players to finish the matches as fast as possible; it will only get worse this season. Threatening ToS action won't improve Rated PvP, in fact I'm pretty sure the hackers won't mind if their account gets banned, they can get a new level 70 quickly enough.

Edited by Jerba

Well done Eric, hopefully you have the methodology in place to identify the win traders and hackers correctly.

It would be very interesting to know the methods they use but then again it would just give exploiters more info on how to cheat the system.

I for one, would be most interested in what specific action is taken against those found in breach of the ToS (such as how many bans were handed out and the duration of those bans).

At the end of the day, I'm just pumped to see a dev post in the PvP forums!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

rip mantle of the force

would be most interested in what specific action is taken against those found in breach of the ToS (such as how many bans were handed out and the duration of those bans).

I think you mean suspension. A ban is permanent, something BW is reluctant to do. Which is too bad. If you exploit the game, whether in PvP or PvE, you DESERVE a BAN!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

And what about all those people who lost rating as a result of the win trading and hacking, that you have just acknowledged exists?

What if some people in those top 96 have won matches or lost them due to a hacker or win trader on the enemy team? Will you reset their rating? Wil you remove some rating?

The whole idea of this solo rating is a joke when all of those factors affect your personal rating.

Edited by DarthWoad

You are spot on! We discovered that a few of the folks who are in the top 96 were win-trading or even hacking. Because of that we are taking the time to thoroughly vet the entire top 96 and we will be removing anyone from that group who has been found to be cheating (along with ToS action). We intend to have the titles granted and the leaderboard updated by 5.1, but we are llll to have them completed much sooner.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I love you

Thanks everyone.

-eric

If this actually happens and people who have transferred and renammed still receive their titles, this will probably be the best thing Bioware has actually done for PvP in years.

Edited by Gabzizzle

If this actually happens and people who have transferred and renammed still receive their titles, this will probably be the best thing Bioware has actually done for PvP in years.

Negative, this could have been prevented. It's too little too late for many.

Should have never implemented command ranks and RNG gear.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Well, just because this one particular French person has done the most obvious wintrading and hacking in SWTOR history, it is nothing new. He was doing the exact same thing the seasons right before it. So apart from making sure he won't get his AC96 titles from last season, how about you also remove those he already has?

Other than that, he is alledgedly a coder for Buddywing and the guy who wrote the hacks that are used to win on acid. Everyone is aware he has been banned numerous times before (goldselling and other violations of ToS). Maybe you should just permanently ban his account(s) instead of making it 24 hours like Bioware always does?

Edited by Hirchart

Other than that, he is alledgedly a coder for Buddywing and the guy who wrote the hacks that are used to win on acid. Everyone is aware he has been banned numerous times before (goldselling and other violations of ToS). Maybe you should just permanently ban his account(s) instead of making it 24 hours like Bioware always does?

I think you mean he has been SUSPENDED in the past. If he had been BANNED, he would not still be playing. Suspensions are temporary, bans are permanent.