PvP gear getting the nerf hammer?

NevesNET

The problem with the games recently is they choose a particular rank and then you get something amazing. Rift and Warhammer both did it.

Interestingly enough the changes to the Rift system and what happened in warhammer might be similar to what they are doing here, spreading the gear over the levels so every valor rank you go up, you can wear another piece of armour. Makes the suddan gap seems less noticable.

Can only speculate though.

I noticed you put PVP in quotes. I'm hoping this is your attempt to be honest about how you reached valor rank 67; that is to say, you and all the other valor rank 60+ folks engaged in extensive valor farming via mutally agreed upon Rep/Imp kill exchanges.

Was a good deal of valor 60 players on my server even before valor farming in illum was posible.

Edited by setern

Rakata gear is already better than champion gear.

Was ment to say even better, I only use the pvp parts in slots i don't have rakata yet.

But read the reply about is would be easier to get the cent gear, no nerf to curent gear, so my post is invalid annyway.

I noticed you put PVP in quotes. I'm hoping this is your attempt to be honest about how you reached valor rank 67; that is to say, you and all the other valor rank 60+ folks engaged in extensive valor farming via mutally agreed upon Rep/Imp kill exchanges.

I'm sad to say, but knowing this kind of activity is pervasive across all servers, I am completed jaded towards anyone with valor rank 60+ and believe each and every one of them achieved that rank through extensive kill exchanging. If there's an honest player out there who achieved valor rank 60+, I'm sorry, but I can't believe you.

I'm hoping their cryptic messages means that anyone who extensively engaged in the type of valor farming described above will be rolled back to valor rank 20 or 30. This will require zero change to any of the existing PvP gear; no gear will be taken away from players, but obviously you will no longer be able to wear the gear until you regain the valor ranked required; and the result will be a "leveling" of the playing field by narrowing the extreme gear gap.

There are more legit 60+ ranked players than you think. I'm 62 atm, and I started almost 2 weeks after launch. The only thing I do in Ilum is getting my daily done and that's it. Rest of my valor is gained through warzones. Was at least rank 30 before I hit level 50, and I'm sure many, many others played a lot of PvP while leveling. So it does take quite a bit of grinding, but not like there's anything else to do at 50.

Not sure why you would dismiss every 60+ player as a killtrading cheater. Unless you just feel that the grind is too much for you, so you just deem it impossible unless people cheat.

Edited by bukkakemon

You're 59 after 1 month and it's along grind ? Sheesh, you never played Korean MMOs don't you ? or Warhammer ? Gimme a break with the long grind, a long grind is 2-3 months of PvP 3-4 hours / day for 1 level.

Ok true but 11 days of playtime for 59 valor I consider a long grind thats all I did that and class quests. You may not but I do. What I was trying to say is I didnt get there by loggin on and going to Ilum on 1.1 day and spawn killing for an hour to get there.

For one, this is nearly two day old news at this point, for another, it's not even accurate news.

OP, instead of posting on a subject which has already been kicked to death in 20-30 other threads, try reading the dev tracker, where they clearly state that they will not be reducing the stats on existing pvp gear.

Their route of reducing the gear related gap between new 50s and older 50s was to make the gearing process easier and more steady.

That being said, to people that don't already know these things, stop pretending that this is actually high on your list of complaints. If you were so incensed by it, you would have taken the 10 seconds required to educate yourself on the subject. :)

Edited by Celebrus

There are more legit 60+ ranked players than you think. I'm 62 atm, and I started almost 2 weeks after launch. The only thing I do in Ilum is getting my daily done and that's it. Rest of my valor is gained through warzones. Was at least rank 30 before I hit level 50, and I'm sure many, many others played a lot of PvP while leveling. So it does take quite a bit of grinding, but not like there's anything else to do at 50.

Not sure why you would dismiss every 60+ player as a killtrading cheater. Unless you just feel that the grind is too much for you, so you just deem it impossible unless people cheat.

I wouldn't dismiss them all, but lets face it, the fact that the Ilum exploitation of valor hasn't been reversed (or even halted to my knowledge) virtually eliminates the prestige of having a high valor rank. There is no pride left in valor ranking, it's a dead system with no incentive other than gear.

Basically if you weren't invited to the kill trading party, you're SoL, and nobody, including the devs cares about the implications that has on the valor system apparently.

Edited by Celebrus

I have losed my hopes on BW when they dont punish our roll back the gear and valor of ppl ho exploited ilum couse is just a game breaker exploit that ruined all the pvp fun.

Now whaiting for the next big game GW2 and will try Secret World also couse just looks diferent and i am tired of bad wow clones.:mad:

I'm sad to say, but knowing this kind of activity is pervasive across all servers, I am completed jaded towards anyone with valor rank 60+ and believe each and every one of them achieved that rank through extensive kill exchanging. If there's an honest player out there who achieved valor rank 60+, I'm sorry, but I can't believe you.

I'm hoping their cryptic messages means that anyone who extensively engaged in the type of valor farming described above will be rolled back to valor rank 20 or 30. This will require zero change to any of the existing PvP gear; no gear will be taken away from players, but obviously you will no longer be able to wear the gear until you regain the valor ranked required; and the result will be a "leveling" of the playing field by narrowing the extreme gear gap.

This is silly.

I have been lvl 50 for lil over two weeks and I had not taken part in any WZ or valor rewarded PVP during my entire class story to lvl 50 ( just free roam pvp, stumbling onto some one) and I am I think lvl 35 valor in a week running several WZ a day and doing ops on ilum.

lvl60 V is still a far bit off but I can easily see how someone could grind it out fast and proper with out exploits