Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch still fails after complete reinstall

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Patch still fails after complete reinstall

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skummer
04.15.2012 , 01:16 PM | #1
So I bit the bullet after hours of watching the patch try and repair 35 files and nuked the installation completely. I then started a fresh download install.

Spoiler

skummer
04.15.2012 , 01:17 PM | #2
oh look. more fail. SO MUCH FOR A FRESH INSTALL...

Spoiler

skummer
04.15.2012 , 05:20 PM | #3
im going to keep updating this message as the patcher continually breaks...

Spoiler

skummer
04.16.2012 , 08:23 PM | #4
reloaded onto an entirely separate drive. Repair needed.

completely useless.

Afuu
04.16.2012 , 09:01 PM | #5
yeah dude nothing ive done fixed it either bout to /leave this party for good.

wairuakaha
04.16.2012 , 09:41 PM | #6
the only thing thats worked for me with each major patch since I subscribed to this game is copy-pasting a fully patched folder from a friend - I probably would have had to abandon the game as well if I did not have that option - which I probably will have to if I relocate soon from my present place of residence and the launcher continues to fail - little point in having a 19.9GB lump of coal sitting on your hard-drive and the platform (i.e. the Launcher) the company uses to transmit patches and updates is not-fit-for-purpose.

Conveeyor
04.16.2012 , 10:04 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello,

When the patching process keeps falling on your computers we would like to recommend you a few options we have come up with in the last days. This will help to figure out what exactly is causing the problem.

Please use this link and follow the instructions at the bottom of the post (*** Update April 14th ***).

By doing this it will help to rule out the possibility that there is an issue on your system and if this is the case we will look into the issue further for you.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support