Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Ranked Wasted space?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Group Ranked Wasted space?

Leafy_Bug
09.19.2014 , 10:06 AM | #21
*flame suit on*

The reason competitive PVP fails in this game is simple : pvp-ers are a special type of 'breed' slapping their e-peen across the fleet every time they get the chance. Now that i got your attention, let me elaborate. A while back, I took the initiative and created a partnership between guilds aimed at improving PVP and PVE on TOFN. We knew BW would not make content so we tried in our own way to raise the quality because that is what the republic side needs. Imperial side on TOFN is more than decent but I digress.

We had a huge turn up on my guild's ts. 50 people every Friday for PVE and 30-35 every monday for PVP. We provided an extra 30-35 people to the existing pool of players. What happened? I will continue. We had instant grouped and #yolo pops. I will tackle yolo. We went in there, the first thing we saw? Will not name any guilds but the gist is this: **** scrup, PVE hero, you have no business here! Carry me! F-ck off! Why are you here? Noob leave now!! You are not a PVP-er. It was a pleasure to join these warzones with a decently geared shadow and trying to get back to my glory days where we would slap Warmongers in 8V8 (no explanations needed).

We then formed some 4 man groups to learn and see how far we were from being an entry level / half decent arena team. We did not pick FOTM classes we played what we loved. Our composition was often Scoundrel Heals, 2x Infiltration, Guardian/Vanguard tank/dps. We had fun until we met some nice fellows who would /spit and use /say where again we were told to never queue again or even show up in pvp. All the new teams we brought not only mine were harassed.

The above is just an example how the PVP community on TOFN falls into the hypocrite category. They complain all day that we do not have enough POPS, we need cross server queues but when we bring in new players eager to learn from these people we are being harassed. What gives? To elitist to give some valuable advice and help out other teams to provide some competition? I guess so because polishing your e-peen on the fleet and crying cross server q all the time is much better than doing pvp.

/thread

Haystak
09.19.2014 , 11:10 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
*flame suit on*

The reason competitive PVP fails in this game is simple : pvp-ers are a special type of 'breed' slapping their e-peen across the fleet every time they get the chance. Now that i got your attention, let me elaborate. A while back, I took the initiative and created a partnership between guilds aimed at improving PVP and PVE on TOFN. We knew BW would not make content so we tried in our own way to raise the quality because that is what the republic side needs. Imperial side on TOFN is more than decent but I digress.

We had a huge turn up on my guild's ts. 50 people every Friday for PVE and 30-35 every monday for PVP. We provided an extra 30-35 people to the existing pool of players. What happened? I will continue. We had instant grouped and #yolo pops. I will tackle yolo. We went in there, the first thing we saw? Will not name any guilds but the gist is this: **** scrup, PVE hero, you have no business here! Carry me! F-ck off! Why are you here? Noob leave now!! You are not a PVP-er. It was a pleasure to join these warzones with a decently geared shadow and trying to get back to my glory days where we would slap Warmongers in 8V8 (no explanations needed).

We then formed some 4 man groups to learn and see how far we were from being an entry level / half decent arena team. We did not pick FOTM classes we played what we loved. Our composition was often Scoundrel Heals, 2x Infiltration, Guardian/Vanguard tank/dps. We had fun until we met some nice fellows who would /spit and use /say where again we were told to never queue again or even show up in pvp. All the new teams we brought not only mine were harassed.

The above is just an example how the PVP community on TOFN falls into the hypocrite category. They complain all day that we do not have enough POPS, we need cross server queues but when we bring in new players eager to learn from these people we are being harassed. What gives? To elitist to give some valuable advice and help out other teams to provide some competition? I guess so because polishing your e-peen on the fleet and crying cross server q all the time is much better than doing pvp.

/thread
If your going to try anything that is even slightly competetive, then expect a few people who are tools to also be playing.

They say those things to you to elicite the same response you seek to get from us with this post.

also your /thread has been vetoed, long live the thread.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

AngusFTW
09.19.2014 , 11:13 AM | #23
Not many players who are actually good would have done/said such things.. for one there is very little good players to be found in rep yolo queue on tofn Majority of guys saying those things probably couldn't carry anyone out a paper bag xD
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

VdFExarKun
09.19.2014 , 11:39 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
1: make changes to class balance. So that teams comprised of no healers or no tanks, are still viable. This can be done 3 billion ways, all of which would most likely piss off dedicated healers and tanks, but if you want more people to que for ranked, you have to make it so teams made up of 3 or even 4 dps are stil viable.
If BW would do that it would definitely create new balance problems and also if 4 DPS would be viable against Tank, Heal and 2 DPS then why the hell should anybody bother to take a Tank or Heal with you and what is the point of being a Tank and Heal then? Nah, this doesn't work.

What would work would be smaller brackets where you either don't need or got no room for a Tank and/or Heal.
I'm talking about 2v2 and 3v3, in these brackets you definitely could play a lot of different setups. I would favor 2v2 because you can't have a Tank and Healer with you, so you have to make the cut and choose if you want to play with 2 DPS or a DPS and a Healer, or a Tank.
I think it would be far easier for people to just get in group with a buddy and Q for 2v2 bracket but still I'd like to see Xserver at the same time and Conquest Objectives for it to motivate people from big guilds to join the Q. All you need is 2 players.
And ofc solo ranked has to be removed or the rating and rewards have to be removed from it. It was fun the first time but it has gotten out of hand now and it's not helpful or fun anymore, too much yolo.

Leafy_Bug
09.19.2014 , 12:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Not many players who are actually good would have done/said such things.. for one there is very little good players to be found in rep yolo queue on tofn Majority of guys saying those things probably couldn't carry anyone out a paper bag xD

Some were from your guild, #bestraptuskitereu!

Cross Server q for President!

CaptainApop
09.19.2014 , 12:34 PM | #26
inb4 BW removes group rated and leaves us only YOLO :<
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

masih_ad_dajjal
09.19.2014 , 06:42 PM | #27
For solo

Make the minimum for a win 1 piont and the max 4....The min for a loss 0, max for a loss 4 points

if all 4 players on other team currently outrank you and you win you get 4 if lose you get 0.

if 1 on other team is lower rank than you but 3 above you get 3 for a win but -1 for loss.

if 2 players lower than you 2=win/-2=loss

3>1=win/-3=loss

And then the reverse of up top only if you win you always get at least 1 point.

This will help keep the ranks closer while also rewarding everyone for playing more often. even the low rated players.

Or get rid of the "rated" part of solo arena and just have it give rated comms... But less as someone suggested.

JediMasterSLC
09.19.2014 , 07:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by masih_ad_dajjal View Post
For solo

Make the minimum for a win 1 piont and the max 4....The min for a loss 0, max for a loss 4 points

if all 4 players on other team currently outrank you and you win you get 4 if lose you get 0.

if 1 on other team is lower rank than you but 3 above you get 3 for a win but -1 for loss.

if 2 players lower than you 2=win/-2=loss

3>1=win/-3=loss

And then the reverse of up top only if you win you always get at least 1 point.

This will help keep the ranks closer while also rewarding everyone for playing more often. even the low rated players.

Or get rid of the "rated" part of solo arena and just have it give rated comms... But less as someone suggested.
This system is too simple. It doesn't differentiate between a 1000 rating difference and a 100 rating one.

masih_ad_dajjal
09.19.2014 , 07:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
This system is too simple. It doesn't differentiate between a 1000 rating difference and a 100 rating one.
the difference would "or should" be reflected in the skill=#of wins....that is all a rating is.

And high rated players would be handicapped yes but they should still win more if rating is really reflecting skill...

I agree it is a simple method for a shallow rank crowd... But if we had hundreds or thousands per server queuing regularly then the current system would be just fine. But that's exactly the problem no?

It's prob closer to 50-100 regulars on the pvp servers and god knows what on pve servers. There are not enough regulars for "tiers" to work properly.

What more is needed that you were thinking?

Capt_Beers
09.19.2014 , 11:35 PM | #30
It's just a population problem. We need hundreds of teams for Elo rating to work properly. We maybe have 10 proper teams and 10 "starter" teams/whatever 2 dps/tank/healer is on in a guild on each server.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics