Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where Is It?

Daystarr
05.13.2013 , 10:38 AM | #91
*Sneeze*

Whoops, bump! Up ya go! Get this thread noticed, people!
Coral -
- Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
- Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang

DarthOvertone
05.13.2013 , 01:11 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Kevinor View Post
  1. 12th April 2012 - Novare Coast Warzone
  2. 26th June 2012 - Ranked Warzones Pre-Season 1
  3. 11th December 2012 - Ancient Hypergates Warzone
  4. 9th April 2012 - Improved Bolster

So correct me if I'm wrong; but is the list I've given above an accurate reflection of the major PvP features/content introduced since release?

We now also have enough information about 2.1 to conclude there are no PvP features of any significance coming soon.

So I have a simple question: Where is the PvP content? What reason is there for PvP centric players to continue paying and playing?
Brother man, you nailed it. Your points are succinct. Your questions are perfectly reasonable. I too would like to know the answers.

As an aside, I think you were quite gracious in listing "Improved Bolster" as PvP content. If anything, the new Bolster mechanic was implemented for the sake of PvEers, not those that PvP. While I like the idea of the mechanic and would be happy to see an iteration of Bolster that is not broken, I don't consider it PvP content at all.

You excluded it from your list, but I did consider 1.7: The Gree Event to be PvP content though. And I think BW did a good job with the new Ilum. However, that was just a returning to us of something that was taken away, and we don't even have that available to us all the time now.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

TUXs
05.13.2013 , 01:58 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
If you read the full OP you can see he excluded Ilum.
And Ilum wasnt a bigshot pvp update, it was a different kind of Black Hole
I know he missed Ilum, but if you recall, this Ilum revamp, which has been in "development" for over a year, was supposed to be our massive P V P update for 2013. They also said that the only other "update" we could expect for PvP in 2013 was "organic PvP" - meaning we cross paths doing our daily PvE missions. Ilum was their "solution" to open world PvP - the FFA zone was meant to prevent imbalances in factions. The PvE zone was meant to allow us some OW freedom. This is the best they could do after a year of "redesign"...don't expect something better in 2013.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Dasgruberg
05.13.2013 , 03:56 PM | #94
Its astonishing that after all this time they still arent communicating content wise. Yea sure we get to know about the new cartel update on dulfy.net, even if theyre working on something, any information about it just pops up half a week before release.

wow = success because they tinkered with class balance often, and gave feedback. Thats it! Something to look forward to. A feeling that the devs give a crap, wich im sure they do but it doesnt look that way.

I dont know anything about the process of creating content for an mmo, im sure it takes time. But share your plans, assign some people to actually play the different classes in pvp (read; Powertech), then actually listen to THAT guy!

Forums are a whine-infested breeding ground of complaining. But shutting the community out is the death of an mmo.

Peace out
Maekor - 55 Juggernaut
Andrine - 55 shadow
Kintara - 55 Powertech
Zaekor - 55 Sniper

Saintewi
05.13.2013 , 04:15 PM | #95
bump. well said OP.
Sainte - White Noise

weprisko
05.13.2013 , 05:54 PM | #96
Thats same question as "Where is our pve patch?" that appeared on warhammer online forums.

large scale open rvr + small scale pvp scenarios = warhammer
pve + small scale pvp warzones = swtor

U cant expect they would make some pvp patch for heavy pve game or pve patch for heavy pvp game. well...unless u r pretty naive....

I think they should focus on making ranked warzones somehow interesting and as some1 in game mentioned - solo and grp warzone queues. once pvp is a bit solid they can decide if they want to focus on pve or pvp in upcoming patches.

Kevinor
05.13.2013 , 06:11 PM | #97
Well; RWZ Guild number 2 disbanded tonight on ToFN. The bleed of PvPers continues.
Kevinorz - Coral

Coral Website

zaepp
05.14.2013 , 03:04 AM | #98
/sign & /bump