Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An answer from the developers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
An answer from the developers.

MusicRider
02.05.2013 , 11:56 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
There is an ability in the sorc healer tree called : Sith purity . Consequences of this ability is that now purge removes physical effects as well, bleeding is a physical effect is not ? It is not normal for the marauder to have a tech effect. It can either be a physical or force effect.
I agree that it has to be a mental, physical or force effect. If force exhaustion is considered a force effect then I don't see why bleed would be considered something different. Mental and physical should have to do with some respect to cc. For example I know for sure as I use it all the time I can cleanse and unmezz whirlwinds but I cannot cleanse flashbang mezz. I can also cleanse force slow and I would think of it as a mental effect, but I don't think I can cleanse snipers leg shot, certainly not without speccing on it and still need to tested as I haven't done so. Can't recall for awe (knights' mezz). The only exception is sever force/creeping terror which respects nothing.

AngusFTW
02.05.2013 , 12:01 PM | #42
Well the main disadvantage anni/watchman for example has over the other dots specs in the game is that every bloody healer can cleanse it cause they're physical and not force/tech.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

EatenByDistance
02.05.2013 , 12:01 PM | #43
I steadfastly agree with the OP on the first four points but,

Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
5- Are there any plans of creating warzone queues that separate premades and solo players ? Or even a matching system that would try to put premade teams against other premade teams and only match premade teams against pugs as a last resort ?
I see this idea on the forums a lot but the fact of the matter is that pretty much no server has the activity to consistently support separate queues. It would simply take way too long to get into a game. Nice in theory, impracticable in application.

That said, they really do need to be more open with the PvP community, and answers to the questions in the OP have been both long-awaited and long-overdue. I hope this thread/community gets the responses it deserves.

p.s. somewhat unrelated but still. threads with the datamined info on 1.7 class balance are getting deleted as we speak. oh boyyyyyyyy lol
Wakalord
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

tekhiun
02.05.2013 , 02:58 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
I steadfastly agree with the OP on the first four points but,

I see this idea on the forums a lot but the fact of the matter is that pretty much no server has the activity to consistently support separate queues. It would simply take way too long to get into a game. Nice in theory, impracticable in application.

That said, they really do need to be more open with the PvP community, and answers to the questions in the OP have been both long-awaited and long-overdue. I hope this thread/community gets the responses it deserves.

p.s. somewhat unrelated but still. threads with the datamined info on 1.7 class balance are getting deleted as we speak. oh boyyyyyyyy lol
Yeah well but it would be nice to know if they have something in mind that touch that issue no ? Or an actuall explanation why its not viable to have something like this at the moment. Or what their metrics say about this.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

tekhiun
02.14.2013 , 05:14 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Well the main disadvantage anni/watchman for example has over the other dots specs in the game is that every bloody healer can cleanse it cause they're physical and not force/tech.
then again not many healers cleanse on pvp, so its good enough for normals.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.