Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hajizan
01.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #81
As it is now my crew is almost total worthless. I took the armormech, scavenging, and slicing for the crew skills. The only time I use the crew are to craft some armor when I level, other than that there is no missions to send them on to make a profit. What is the point of slicing if the missions are a loss, for augments?

If BW killed slicing because a few people abused it, shame on them. Penalizing everyone because of a few is wrong and no way to run a business.

Still no word from BW? Only one week left...

Drewser
01.11.2012 , 04:37 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorkfrey View Post
If you're happy making the same credits missioning at 400 skills as a rank 1 missioner in others classes, bully for you. We do need people who'll be satisfied with any level of mediocrity or drivel handed to them. That's what keeps games running.

Doesn't change the basics that Slicing Missions CPM is lower than what can be earned from a Scav/Cybertech doing rank 1/2 missions.

By all means, keep spouting the nonsense though, the CPM recorded for Slicing has been pretty much recorded accurately on more than enough Spreadsheets to validate the dismay of others.
I have more creds than I can spend right now. I can easily do 25K-30k an hour with slicing. Show me a rank 1 missioner that is doing that.

fainthftk
01.11.2012 , 04:47 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatJerkPat View Post
It should be closer to 200 credits per minute (this is with 3 companions) at least. The 70k I made in 60 hours of slicing covers 3 skill ups at my level. 60 hours of mission time for 3 skill ups! It would take 300 mission hours to afford speeder bike training 3. Crazy.
Well if you think something else would yield higher profit, why bothering with slicing ?

MnMrMustard
01.11.2012 , 04:49 PM | #84
At level 30, killing mobs makes more per minute than slicing did pre-nerf.

The problem was it took no effort and people exploited it. I used slicing missions pre-nerf and earned a good amount doing so but earned more selling mats on GTN.

Slicing needs to be fixed. As it stands, it just makes a bit more credits while your out in the world and missions are useless, unless you really want some augments or schematics. I'm not saying put it back to what it was, because that can be exploited, but it needs to be buffed or adjusted so it can't be abused.

The alternative, BW, is get rid of slicing. The only people who have it now are in 3 camps.

1: Had slicing pre-nerf and are hoping it will be buffed back
2: Are keeping it in hopes that it is buffed in the future
3: For some extra credits from slicing while questing.

I don't mind the extra credits as I'm walking about killing mobs but it doesn't make near as many creds as the other gathering skills. Would those be nerf'd as well?
MnMrMustard

Dorkfrey
01.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
I have more creds than I can spend right now. I can easily do 25K-30k an hour with slicing. Show me a rank 1 missioner that is doing that.
Sorry - you're avoiding the question - again. How much of that comes from purely missioning?

See, any other mission I run, having made notes of things, I make a certain amount of credits per minute.

You're saying, at level 50, you can run around and slice node and farm etc - and make credits. Guess what, so can ANYONE. But - in terms of like for like, you're left sorely behind a RANK 1 missioner. Oh wait, can't use that as a valid arguement because chops here won't do that. Because you know - the second you do, you realise just how much junk slicing really is. It's *not* worth the crewskill slot.

BUT YOU WON'T COMPARE LIKE FOR LIKE.

Carry on though, seriously - as I said, games need folk who'll accept mediocrity and be content.

Drewser
01.11.2012 , 04:52 PM | #86
Sorry - you're avoiding the question - again. How much of that comes from purely missioning?

See, any other mission I run, having made notes of things, I make a certain amount of credits per minute.

You're saying, at level 50, you can run around and slice node and farm etc - and make credits. Guess what, so can ANYONE. But - in terms of like for like, you're left sorely behind a RANK 1 missioner. Oh wait, can't use that as a valid arguement because chops here won't do that. Because you know - the second you do, you realise just how much junk slicing really is. It's *not* worth the crewskill slot.

BUT YOU WON'T COMPARE LIKE FOR LIKE.

Carry on though, seriously - as I said, games need folk who'll except mediocrity and be content.
Slicing is not just missioning but at 400 I get at least one 300/340 UT, ARCH, TH or BIO mission an hour I can sell for anywhere from 15k to 25k.

So again, tell what rank one missioner is making that in an hour just running missions.

Dorkfrey
01.11.2012 , 05:02 PM | #87
Slicing is not just missioning but at 400 I get at least one 300/340 UT, ARCH, TH or BIO mission an hour I can sell for anywhere from 15k to 25k.

So again, tell what rank one missioner is making that in an hour just running missions.
Sorry - what exactly do you make missioning in SLICING again (IN CREDITS).

You're guaranteed that are you? Every hour you get at LEAST one?

Glad you're on a server with a functioning economy. When I just looked up the missions they were selling for under what the GTN says they should, on all missions, not one over 5k.

And again - this is assuming you can sell. There is NO market on this server. I'm regularly buying stacks of materials for under 500c. I mean whole stacks too - and crafting them. Like 1-2 a day and able to vendor them.

Again though - you're still not answering the question. Can do you do it - WHAT IS YOUR NET GAIN IN CREDITS FROM SLICING MISSIONS. Since it's primary function is to generate - guess what Sunshin... CREDITS.

So, answer the question.

EDIT: Actually - I just found 3 x 340 mission at over 10k, although the guy has been undercutting himself it would seem. So not sure what's going on there.

Drewser
01.11.2012 , 05:07 PM | #88
Sorry - what exactly do you make missioning in SLICING again (IN CREDITS).

You're guaranteed that are you? Every hour you get at LEAST one?

Glad you're on a server with a functioning economy. When I just looked up the missions they were selling for under what the GTN says they should, on all missions, not one over 5k.

And again - this is assuming you can sell. There is NO market on this server. I'm regularly buying stacks of materials for under 500c. I mean whole stacks too - and crafting them. Like 1-2 a day and able to vendor them.

Again though - you're still not answering the question. Can do you do it - WHAT IS YOUR NET GAIN IN CREDITS FROM SLICING MISSIONS. Since it's primary function is to generate - guess what Sunshin... CREDITS.

So, answer the question.

EDIT: Actually - I just found 3 x 340 mission at over 10k, although the guy has been undercutting himself it would seem. So not sure what's going on there.

I am not answering a loaded question that only gives the answer you want.

The fact is you can still make good money with slicing and it was extremely unbalanced earlier. you can leave out the major money making parts and say "see it sucks".

BTW, if FULL stacks of mats for are selling for 500c on your server there is no way a level 1 missioner is making close to what a level 400 slicer makes just in credits each hour.

Dorkfrey
01.11.2012 , 05:16 PM | #89
I am not answering a loaded question that only gives the answer you want.

The fact is you can still make good money with slicing and it was extremely unbalanced earlier. you can leave out the major money making parts and say "see it sucks".
So, basically - you can't answer honestly, knowing that you know the data, and I know the data, and in terms of credits per minute.. It doesn't go much over 30, for running missions.

You rely on a "luck" based element to sell, that requires a functioning economy to sell, and tout that as a solid state of proof.

Which - not everyone gets 1 an hour. I've tried, and I've got a day without seeing one. I saw some schems. But = I did not get a guaranteed schematic every hour.

You cannot answer honestly, you avoid the truth of why slicing is bad, and tout how awesome it is, but when faced with a simple, and valid question, you avoid and refuse to answer. A rank 1 missioner, will net MORE credits (in terms of pure credits), than a 400 slicer doing missions. You *may* well crit, and get lucky. But at the end of the day, that Rank 1 missioner, will generate more credits than you do, doing equal activities.

I know you're so Pro BW, and Pro Slicing, but you can't accept the simple reality, that as professions go, it sucks. Ironically - as a crafter, I'm in their camp - I'd love to see slicing get buffed, but then, I didn't see it as a threat to my income. It DIDN'T generate more than I could earn in other professions, and it didn't break the game. Only people like you, who feel that earning 30 credits per MINUTE is a great thing at mastered skill level.

At the end of the day, the DATA, doesn't lie. Your anecdotes are full of holes, yet - all of the slicing mission results, will show exactly what it generates, and what it generated. Wasn't that far out of the ordinary for a level 50 was it now?

So - you able to answer the question honestly, and confirm the data that's been put in by all, or you feel the need to lie, or just avoid it, since you know - as well as I do, that it's not great. I generate more "credit worth" in missions than slicing can, at lower ranks. I generate the same "credits" at rank 1. How exactly is slicing not the lame runt of the litter in the crewskill lineup?

Litefire
01.11.2012 , 05:22 PM | #90

i don't believe you(red text), i have 3 of my 5 companions with 7k+ affection and i afk slice for extended periods of time all 5 companions. I get maybe 1 300/340 UT,arch, th or bio mission per day. Often i get 200ish blues. I have even started doing the guaranteed loss missions in lv5/6 lock boxes to try and get the missions since we have jacked the price of the missions to 20+K on my server.

I am juggernaut so i dont have a companion with bonuses to slicing are you running one of the companions with +crit slicing?
Peace is a lie. There is only passion
I Support SGRA In the Old Republic