Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

While I have no interest in romancing Quinn, I agree its grate that he is coming back.

While I doubt the devs will check in, I hope to hell they don't put anything in about taking revenge on a betrayal that took place 5 or 6 years ago. You didn't kill him when be betrayed you waiting 6 years or so to do it makes you the pettiest pathetic excuse for a person going.

So please don't have something along the lines of 'You remember 6 years ago when I let you go for doing what you thought was right, since then I have forgiven Koth, Senya, Arcann, Scorpio, Aric and lots of others but you...you I'm going to kill cause I have since changed my mind about letting you live cause I'm pathetic!'

This could be true if they actually forgave those people. Some people actually killed them so they could use that as a way to kill him.

While I have no interest in romancing Quinn, I agree its grate that he is coming back.

While I doubt the devs will check in, I hope to hell they don't put anything in about taking revenge on a betrayal that took place 5 or 6 years ago. You didn't kill him when be betrayed you waiting 6 years or so to do it makes you the pettiest pathetic excuse for a person going.

So please don't have something along the lines of 'You remember 6 years ago when I let you go for doing what you thought was right, since then I have forgiven Koth, Senya, Arcann, Scorpio, Aric and lots of others but you...you I'm going to kill cause I have since changed my mind about letting you live cause I'm pathetic!'

I never actually forgave him 6yrs ago. Even my LS SW took the dark side decision in that scene. I'd Have killed him right then EVERY TIME, even if it ment going without a healer companion. As it is tho, I bought the cheapest looking cybernetic armor set I could find just for him. In my head canon I chopped off pieces, and left him stranded on Hoth. Now I get to finish the job. :D

"Blah blah blah he was torn between two masters blah blah blah...." :( whatever.... :rolleyes: You knew the job was dangerous when you took it. Fat boi Barras died, and you're next! :mad:

He chose the wrong side....

Koth at least kept it 100. You knew where his loyalty was from the jump. Senya chose family, and blood is thicker than water. Scorpio only lived with my do gooder JK, & Agent.... same with Aric (except the Trooper let him live, most others just banished him.)

Yeah, it always amazes me how much hate Quinn (and Koth!) get when there are other companions who have done far worse. Kaliyo and Vaylin come to mind. I felt marginally less hateful towards Vaylin when I learned of her back story, but not much. Something about her voice grates on me too, although sometimes her lines are so "cartoon villain" that I do get a laugh out it them.

I dread the possibility that they will "make over" our characters like they did with the KOTFE NPC's. Some people have even been asking for this and I just cringe at the thought. Senya looks awful in KOTET, like her face is smudged with dirt all the time, and I really dislike it. Then again, all shadows have been wonky for me ever since 5.0 dropped and it's bugging me.

The 'make overs' worry me too. I don't really have a huge need for the npcs or our own characters to change. What I would prefer are customizations, same face, just maybe different hair, so that we can test if we like the look and if not, stick with the default. While I think the tweeks helped Lana look better, Senya is hideous. I live in fear of what they might do to Theron.

LOL.... love the title Lunafox.

And of all people in the forum, I am glad to see the studio putting the big happy on your face. :)

Thanks Andryah :D

It means a lot to hear that. It doesn't take all that much to please me lol. Getting Malavai back does a lot for me. Now if we could just get Scourge and Vector back... :D

The 'make overs' worry me too.

I definitely hope they keep his original look like they did for the other vanilla Companions and maybe add an optional customization that gives him some grey on the sides of his hair, Reed Richards style lol... Quinn's what now? 45? [Edit] He might be closer to 47?

Edited by Edyn

i definitely hope they keep his original look like they did for the other vanilla companions and maybe add an optional customization that gives him some grey on the sides of his hair, reed richards style lol... Quinn's what now? 45? [edit] he might be closer to 47?

👍👍👍👍👍👍

Oh yes please don't give Quinn a Senya-like makeover. I love him the way he is, I don't even use customization for him. Luckily, though folks like Lana, Senya and Vaylin were redone... Theron, Koth and all classic companions remained untouched so I don't think they'll be messing with his looks.

The 'make overs' worry me too. I don't really have a huge need for the npcs or our own characters to change. What I would prefer are customizations, same face, just maybe different hair, so that we can test if we like the look and if not, stick with the default. While I think the tweeks helped Lana look better, Senya is hideous. I live in fear of what they might do to Theron.

Thanks Andryah :D

It means a lot to hear that. It doesn't take all that much to please me lol. Getting Malavai back does a lot for me. Now if we could just get Scourge and Vector back... :D

Quinn... Scourge... And Vector...

.. I think I will never understand you, Luna :)

Oh yes please don't give Quinn a Senya-like makeover. I love him the way he is, I don't even use customization for him. Luckily, though folks like Lana, Senya and Vaylin were redone... Theron, Koth and all classic companions remained untouched so I don't think they'll be messing with his looks.

Oh, lord, I agree. Quinn is perfection just the way he is. Lana is the only one who looks half way decent with the do-over, Senya looks like the hag from hell now, and Vaylin just looks more masculine, at least to me. Even the face wrinkles when the characters frown annoy me sometimes. Theron has looked rather like a pug a couple of times, which vexes me to no end.

Hopefully they won't have the funds to muck about with the vanilla companions. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I definitely hope they keep his original look like they did for the other vanilla Companions and maybe add an optional customization that gives him some grey on the sides of his hair, Reed Richards style lol... Quinn's what now? 45? [Edit] He might be closer to 47?

I personally have him pegged at 45 in the present. I believe I read he was 37 in the Encyclopedia when SW meets him on Balmorra. I reckon two years pass, as you adventure with him, until the time that issues start with Zakuul. Then you're frozen for 5 years, spend another year fighting Zakuul and getting control which brings us to the present. That's my reckoning, but I imagine time passes differently for everyone.

I have the white haired cyborg customization on him that you get through the security key club, on my main, default on the others, cause I love both looks. Mostly I'm worried about the newer comps like Theron, and what they might make them look like.

Edited by Lunafox

Quinn... Scourge... And Vector...

.. I think I will never understand you, Luna :)

Well...I'm not so hard to peg, I don't think. I value intelligence, which all three men have in abundance...charm and consideration, kindness, which I see in Vector (plus i tend to go for body 2 and dark short hair). Scourge is a bit away from the usual in what I like, but I value his wisdom, having seen so much, and he has a certain snarkiness about him, that I enjoy. As does Quinn. Vector is actually a bit too nice, I value it, but at the same time, I would expect that I'd be held to a higher standard of kindness that I'm capable of. I could be myself more with Quinn and Scourge.

Oh yeah, and a great voice helps. I love a great voice.

It's ok. My hubby doesn't 'get' me either lol. Not when it comes to my pixel men. :o

Edited by Lunafox

I have the white haired cyborg customization on him that you get through the security key club, on my main, default on the others, cause I love both looks.

Oh someone else who likes that look to! I've been playing the game for a few years now and I think I've only ever seen one or two other SW's using that customisation on Quinn in all that time.

I'm wondering what new outfit he's going to have, I've quite liked all the returned companions new outfits.

From the screenshot in the dev stream, it appeared to be one of the variants of the Imperial officers' uniform and a little more fancy than what he previously wore. I'm wondering if he got a promotion (Colonel Quinn)?

From the screenshot in the dev stream, it appeared to be one of the variants of the Imperial officers' uniform and a little more fancy than what he previously wore. I'm wondering if he got a promotion (Colonel Quinn)?

...THERE WAS A SCREENSHOT? :eek:

And now I have an incentive to go watch the dev stream recording...

I'm hoping he did, he deserves a suitable uniform upgrade to match his greatness. ^^

Based on said screenshot, yay, doesn't seem like they've "updated" Quinn's looks. ("Updated" in quotation marks because...uhhh, Senya, Lana... o_e)

And on that note, Elara's new armor looks cool, too.

But this is about Quinn. So. Quinn. I'm still fangirling. :p

Well...I'm not so hard to peg, I don't think. I value intelligence, which all three men have in abundance...charm and consideration, kindness, which I see in Vector (plus i tend to go for body 2 and dark short hair). Scourge is a bit away from the usual in what I like, but I value his wisdom, having seen so much, and he has a certain snarkiness about him, that I enjoy. As does Quinn. Vector is actually a bit too nice, I value it, but at the same time, I would expect that I'd be held to a higher standard of kindness that I'm capable of. I could be myself more with Quinn and Scourge.

Oh yeah, and a great voice helps. I love a great voice.

It's ok. My hubby doesn't 'get' me either lol. Not when it comes to my pixel men. :o

SWTOR starts in 3643 BBY you gain Quinn sometime during this first year as the prologue and chapter one take place in 3643. KotFE starts in 3636 BBY before the frozen in carbonite happens. So you've been with Quinn and your crew for the best part of SEVEN years. Then add on top of the the five years stint frozen...

Oh and according to wooikeepidia Quinn was born in 3680 BBY

Edited by OfficerDonNZ

SWTOR starts in 3643 BBY you gain Quinn sometime during this first year as the prologue and chapter one take place in 3643. KotFE starts in 3636 BBY before the frozen in carbonite happens. So you've been with Quinn and your crew for the best part of SEVEN years. Then add on top of the the five years stint frozen...

Oh and according to wooikeepidia Quinn was born in 3680 BBY

And according to this page, by the time Chapter 9 of KOTET finishes we're in 3630 which means Quinn will be 50 when we reunite. That's okay though, I like my men older. ♥

Found the point where they talk about Quinn/Elara in the livestream video (with picture),

OMG when they said Quinn would be fighting alongside Empress Acina I was like "please let it be Jace Malcom for the Republic, please please!" and hecks yess! (I scared the cats with my triumphant shout lol)