Overload/force wave nerf

crunchbarry

Something had to be done for PVP. PVP is horrible in this game IMO, and this is one of the reasons why.

Naturally since this is Bioware they had to do it wrong. After all, why break with tradition? Take two of the most fun mechanics you have in the game for solo play and tear them to shreds for the sake of another style of play...PVP.

Oh, and we have to add the sauce...ignore the fact that almost every major AAA MMO has realized that you can not nerf one play style for the sake of another and now simply use different mechanics or blocks/limits for other playstyles on the specials.

Naturally in 2004 there was nothing like that. Which is why it's not being done here ;)

I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. PvP in this game is really fun.

Hey, while we're at it, lets just take the fire pits off huttball. Lets take the bridges out of VoiDstar. Maybe after bioware takes everything "cool" out pvp will be fun for kids like this again.

Don't see the problem. I have a Sage myself and a lot of you are simply complaining for the sake of doing so. It is an instant ability and no way is it difficult to turn your camera to face your enemy for a milli-second to cast the ability and then turn.

Hell they even reduced the CD of Force Speed to help with this.

Complain more kids.

Said the guy who plays Vanguard and from the look of his post history isnt PvP'ing much. Kiting a mara or PT is bad as it is and it will get even worse if we have to jump turn, with the camera probably freaking out half the time, every time we intend on using FW. Add to this that we now have to kite within 10 meters or we won't be able to use our stun that doesnt break on damage.

I suggest that you actually play the class before you speak on the topic again.

Also, no PvP'er wanted these changes so I don't know what the PvE crowd is on about.

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. PvP in this game is really fun.

Hey, while we're at it, lets just take the fire pits off huttball. Lets take the bridges out of VoiDstar. Maybe after bioware takes everything "cool" out pvp will be fun for kids like this again.

If you mention "PVP in this game is really fun" then you have every idea what I am talking about. You simply do not agree.

Hey, why dont we make this change PVP only like almost every other major MMO does in the modern market.

Said the guy who plays Vanguard and from the look of his post history isnt PvP'ing much. Kiting a mara or PT is bad as it is and it will get even worse if we have to jump turn, with the camera probably freaking out half the time, every time we intend on using FW. Add to this that we now have to kite within 10 meters or we won't be able to use our stun that doesnt break on damage.

Also, no PvP'er wanted these changes so I don't know what the PvE crowd is on about.

Speaking of Vangaurds, they are clearly OP, and should be nerfed to 25 percent of their current damage. I just can't have fun in this game with all these... vanguards/pyrotechs running around laughing it up all the time. I hit them and they just laugh. They hit me and I die.

Kiting issues? Seriously? You're gonna cite KITING ISSUES? With force sprint and spammable force slow amongst other things? This change is bad cos you're gonna have KITING ISSUES now?

Only if you're horribly bad.

Edited by aeterno

If you mention "PVP in this game is really fun" then you have every idea what I am talking about. You simply do not agree.

Hey, why dont we make this change PVP only like almost every other major MMO does in the modern market.

That would make too much sense.

Force Speed now has a 20-second cooldown (down from 30) for all Consulars and Inquisitors.

Fadeout/Egress has been redesigned. Now causes Force Speed to remove all roots and snares and grant immunity to roots and snares for the duration.

It's easier to kite if anything if you spec into it.

I have a level 50 of every class and I have played every spec (DPS/Heal/Tank) that that class has to offer extensively. Just don't.

Cry more.

Edited by stephenjohnp

Kiting issues? Seriously? You're gonna cite KITING ISSUES? With force sprint and spammable force slow amongst other things? This change is bad cos you're gonna have KITING ISSUES now?

Only if you're horribly bad.

Geeze, clearly you don't play the class. Even a little bit or research would be good before you post.

Force slow is not spamable. It is, AT BEST, availble 50% of the time, as it has a 6s duration and a 12s CD. If you were incorrectly referring to spammable TK throw, then that's not kiting. That's standing still channelling a low damage skill hoping it kills the person who's walking towards you before they get in range and unload a high DPS burst on your ***.

As to the force speed CD decrease. On paper it looks good. But the changes to Force Wave mean that against more than one of any intelligent opponent (IE, uses slows, stick to opposite sides of you), you'll be almost required to blow force speed to get the angle/orientation to use it now. So we're actually DOWN an escape option after 1.4. And even then it's only viable if you're 16pts HEAL specced, to remove roots.

It's easier to kite if anything if you spec into it.

I have a level 50 of every class and I have played every spec (DPS/Heal/Tank) that that class has to offer extensively. Just don't.

Cry more.

Umm.. you're not helping your point. "If you spec into it" means at least 16pts healer. Who are you going to kill when you're playing a class with low burst even as a FULL DPS spec when you have to wast 16 points on healing talents?

I'd also like to point out that our escape tool (Force Speed) will now have a 20 second CD, while a Mara's gap closers (that's right, they can have more than 1) are still at 15 seconds. Plus they get Crippling Slash which slows us to 50% for 12 seconds, has no CD, and a measly cost of 2 rage (you can also be facing a Rage Mara, who will get Force Crush as well). The change to Overload will actually not impact our Mara metagame though since it is used to interrupt Ravage, which usually happens on our face. Edited by Darth_Philar

Force speed already has a 20 second cooldown in lightning/telekenetic trees. Is it going to be 10 seconds now? That would be nice. Still, I don't PvP and the force wave change sucks huge. I use it to knock NPCs off edges in flashpoints(this mostly won't change) but I also use it when I'm running out of a cave after finishing dailies. The knockback gives me a higher survival chance when running out. Now that I won't have that, I'm probably going to be dying more. Certainly a nerf. I really hope the change doesn't go through.

It's a definite nerf, shooting people in front of you further doesn not make up for losing 2/3 of aoe radius.

You're confusing your terms. As it stands now, the developers are *increasing* the radius (if you paid attention, you'd notice that they're increasing the radius to 15 yds from the current 8 yds) but decreasing the width. As such, if you know anything about math, you'd realize that the develops are *increasing* the total affected area of Force Wave (by roughly 17%) while they restrict the cone.

The intent is to turn Force Wave into a more precise knockback tool to reduce incidental KB (so it's not gonna hit people that you didn't intend to hit, which, for some, means it's not gonna be as potent as it used to be) and the devs even admitted that it was a nerf to some extent which is why they buffed other escape tactics. Personally, I see it as a buff because I never liked its tendency to scatter entire mobs. Turning it into a frontal cone with slightly larger area means I'm more likely to use it because enemies will get tossed all in the same direction.

Ask Juggs which they would rather have...force push, or force wave?

Sorcs/sages now have a force push CONE... its better.

Not a nerf.

Position yourself instead of mindlessly smashing an aoe KB, and youll be just fine. Sure its going to suck when maras jump you from behind, you have to strafe a half second then punt them, but thats called positioning...they got you from behind and deserve the half second advantage.

I personally cant wait to play "YOU CANNOT PASS!" on the bridges in voidstar.