Three Strongholds that are a must

Leyasu

Strongholds that I would like to see in game and why.

Manaan

This world we loved in KOTOR and although it is small here in SWTOR it is one of the prettiest worlds in game. Hands down it has the best music as well. I would love to see this water planet be host to a underwater palace of luxury. The Stronghold could be placed in the middle of a coral reef with plenty of active sea life swimming outside the windows. Just image a great big Progenitor (from KOTOR), or whale swimming by your stronghold window as your brush your teeth.

This is a underwater hotel that is in Dubai that sparked the idea

Kashyyyk

The home world of one of the most iconic races of Star Wars the Wookiee. All of us as a kid either wanted or had a tree house. However a tree house on Kashyyyk would be a whole new level!! Swiss family Robison, or the Lost Boys of Neverland nothing is better than living in a Tree house. Tree house Masters on Animal Planet has is a whole show dedicated to everyone's dream the ultimate tree house! Sprinkle on some Wookiee decos and we would have maybe the greatest Stronghold in the entire game!

Hoth/Ilum

Santa Clause and Superman both know the best place to live is in a palace of ice. If it works for those guys it has to be good for us. For those of us who grew up in the north snowball fights and ice forts are a right of passage. Any of the ice worlds in Star Wars universe could provide us with a great Ice Palace. This would even put the chick from frozen to shame!

Edited by Leyasu
typo

Everything we want in one post

Manaan

This world we loved in KOTOR and although it is small here in SWTOR it is one of the prettiest worlds in game. Hands down it has the best music as well. I would love to see this water planet be host to a underwater palace of luxury. The Stronghold could be placed in the middle of a coral reef with plenty of active sea life swimming outside the windows. Just image a great big Progenitor (from KOTOR), or whale swimming by your stronghold window as your brush your teeth.

Kashyyyk

The home world of one of the most iconic races of Star Wars the Wookiee. All of us as a kid either wanted or had a tree house. However a tree house on Kashyyyk would be a whole new level!! Swiss family Robison, or the Lost Boys of Neverland nothing is better than living in a Tree house. Tree house Masters on Animal Planet has is a whole show dedicated to everyone's dream the ultimate tree house! Sprinkle on some Wookiee decos and we would have maybe the greatest Stronghold in the entire game!

Hoth/Ilum

Santa Clause and Superman both know the best place to live is in a palace of ice. If it works for those guys it has to be good for us. For those of us who grew up in the north snowball fights and ice forts are a right of passage. Any of the ice worlds in Star Wars universe could provide us with a great Ice Palace. This would even put the chick from frozen to shame!

I'd much rather see Voss and Rishi. Hoth is not very habitable(and Ilum, too), and Wookies smell on rainy days.

But Voss is mystic and beautiful, and Rishi? A tropical paradise.

Manaan is great, though. Those walls of water - I'd love to have them as decorations.

I get your angle...

But nothing is a must....especially in terms of which strongholds to release. Is utapau less of a choice than manaan? Is kashyyyk less of a choice than say, Alderaan or Dantooine?

There's no right or wrong answers to any of this. I personally wouldn't want to see Manaan myself.

Its all opinion, and well the truth is forum goer's are a minority of the population, not a majority, so we cant claim any opinion here is a majority opinion.

Are your suggestions a MUST? No, they are simply, suggestions.

1. Voss

2. Personal luxury space station that can be moved and enjoy the view of the visiting planet through a gigantic forcefield dome.

3. A new planet we have not seen yet, I take my chances there

Edited by Icestar

Manaan

Kashyyyk

Hoth/Ilum

i Love these ideas they should be implemented. they should also add like a small space station type stronghold. like a astroid one(kinda like something that was in clone wars with cad banes hide out, not exactly that but with that idea.) come on bioware you also gotta have a ideas thread for people to post ideas and improvments.) also a wife's suggestion would be a aldaraan stronghold. also some city ones on certain planets for like cheaper versions of strongholds. also having like a stronghold be like a fortress camp type outpost. that would be kinda nice, where you have walls and can place wall turrets so itll look like your guarding your fortress. just another cool thought idea.

Good ideas. Here are mine, in order of preference:

1. Rishi Pirate/Mandalorian Hunting Lodge on a private island.

Think of Shae Vizla's fortress from the Blood Hunt FP. Ideally with plenty of those wooden bridges, definitely with a river (if not more than one) with waterfalls throughout. Incorporating a volcano would have some potential as well. Also I think it would be amazing to have some kind of area (maybe a partially underwater cave, or a separate island) that is accessible only by riding some kind of gondola or raft that you have to interact with, and wait as it takes you there. And I'd really like to see it set at night. That would be a perfect place to really show off all those decorations that involve fire, especially the Mandalorian torches/wall sconces that arrived with the last cartel pack.

2. Alderaan Manor set high up in the mountains.

I'm imagining something that takes inspiration from Rivendell in the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movies. Set on a cliffside, with rivers and waterfalls throughout, and all of the architecture made out of rustic, heavy-looking stone. Maybe some kind of gazebo set right next to a waterfall on the cliff. Here are a few pictures for reference:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/saganomringen/images/4/4c/Rivendell-council-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-35430552-2048-866.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131021205953

http://corecanvas.s3.amazonaws.com/theonering-0188db0e/media/original/50c8e1f704bd5_Ancalagon_GaladrielAtRivendell2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WtDI638.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35300000/in-rivendell-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-35355363-2048-1152.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/76/f0/a3/76f0a352169fd4aacdb20c43d3bbd4e1.jpg

http://blog.coldwellbanker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/JMCarrvill-Flickr.png

3. Manaan stronghold with underwater section.

I know this is a popular idea. Manaan is beautiful, as is the music that plays in the background from KOTOR. It's certainly worth considering, although I am less enthusiastic about it than most. While being out at sea is beautiful, endless ocean would get very boring after a while, especially considering the Selkath architecture in Ahto City is very sterile and white-washed.

Also, while everyone seems to be excited about the underwater idea, I'm just not sure how good it would look in execution. Water is one of the most difficult things to animate and render realistically, and making an underwater environment look good isn't any easier. Going off the Manaan FP, the underwater areas that the game engine can pull off are actually pretty basic. It's essentially just a really dark area with some bubbles and seaweed visible, with the occasional Firaxa shark swimming past. It worked in pulling off the creepy vibe needed for the FP (and the original KOTOR, for that matter), but it doesn't hold too much interest for me as a stronghold.

:rak_03:

Edited by MDbuffalotd

Kashyyyk will never happen soon cause we don't even have that planet to go to in the game.

Manaan seems to be the No. 1 choice so it's probably likely that will be the next stronghold. I just hope they add more to the actual city part itself. Looks like a damn vacant shopping mall now. Needs to be livened up like Nar Shaddaa.

Rishi was my choice over Yavin IV and really thought that was going to be it but now we have Yavin IV and it's pretty damn awesome.

Alderaan, Hoth, and Voss seem to be the follow uppers however, I thought rumor mill was in KOTFE, Voss may be heading toward the same demise that Alderaan will endure in the future. It's just a rumor and I can't remember where I heard it or read it. Put it on the wall of crazy (or not?).

Lastly, another great idea for a stronghold is in outer space. Part of the fleet? Another space station?

This sounds awful but I would love an apart apartment aboard one of the warships in our fleet like the Zoist shadow. I would love an apartment there, even if it be only 1-3 rooms it would be great!

i do like this idea, have small 1-5 room appartments and not just on ships but on planets in buildings as well. but do more than just zoist shadow ships like obviously republic and imperial ships(all having diffrent room numbers) but have some on mandalorian ships or czerka or anything that will allow people to choose a side or something.

Good ideas. Here are mine, in order of preference:

1. Rishi Pirate/Mandalorian Hunting Lodge on a private island.

Think of Shae Vizla's fortress from the Blood Hunt FP. Ideally with plenty of those wooden bridges, definitely with a river (if not more than one) with waterfalls throughout. Incorporating a volcano would have some potential as well. Also I think it would be amazing to have some kind of area (maybe a partially underwater cave, or a separate island) that is accessible only by riding some kind of gondola or raft that you have to interact with, and wait as it takes you there. And I'd really like to see it set at night. That would be a perfect place to really show off all those decorations that involve fire, especially the Mandalorian torches/wall sconces that arrived with the last cartel pack.

2. Alderaan Manor set high up in the mountains.

I'm imagining something that takes inspiration from Rivendell in the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movies. Set on a cliffside, with rivers and waterfalls throughout, and all of the architecture made out of rustic, heavy-looking stone. Maybe some kind of gazebo set right next to a waterfall on the cliff. Here are a few pictures for reference:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/saganomringen/images/4/4c/Rivendell-council-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-35430552-2048-866.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131021205953

http://corecanvas.s3.amazonaws.com/theonering-0188db0e/media/original/50c8e1f704bd5_Ancalagon_GaladrielAtRivendell2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WtDI638.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35300000/in-rivendell-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-35355363-2048-1152.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/76/f0/a3/76f0a352169fd4aacdb20c43d3bbd4e1.jpg

http://blog.coldwellbanker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/JMCarrvill-Flickr.png

3. Manaan stronghold with underwater section.

I know this is a popular idea. Manaan is beautiful, as is the music that plays in the background from KOTOR. It's certainly worth considering, although I am less enthusiastic about it than most. While being out at sea is beautiful, endless ocean would get very boring after a while, especially considering the Selkath architecture in Ahto City is very sterile and white-washed.

Also, while everyone seems to be excited about the underwater idea, I'm just not sure how good it would look in execution. Water is one of the most difficult things to animate and render realistically, and making an underwater environment look good isn't any easier. Going off the Manaan FP, the underwater areas that the game engine can pull off are actually pretty basic. It's essentially just a really dark area with some bubbles and seaweed visible, with the occasional Firaxa shark swimming past. It worked in pulling off the creepy vibe needed for the FP (and the original KOTOR, for that matter), but it doesn't hold too much interest for me as a stronghold.

:rak_03:

i do like the mandalorian idea for a stronghold have a outpost or some sort of walled fort or the idea you gave. great idea.

also like the idea of alderan as well. sweet idea for a mountain view