Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Queue Ban Changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bladech
01.13.2021 , 08:29 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyTough View Post
This insanity will be over soon anyhow. Cant wait to finally leave this game. https://www.starwars.com/news/lucasfilm-games-interview

This game sounds amazing and unlike WoW, it sounds more what this game should have been. The storyline plus open world like SWG was. Finally we get a complete game. Byebye SWTOR forever.
agreed. Swtor has fallen down and all aspects of the game (pvp,pve, rp and group content especially) are nearly dead or in a bad condition. This game is barely kicking and they keep it alive only because of reputation losses EA and BW will face if they actually will close it and confirm that they screwed up.
Supporting my threads or comments? You like pvp? Click on my link to help my get some goodies

http://www.swtor.com/r/QKZXBf

EnzoForMe
01.14.2021 , 09:38 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
The saga of Holymind is a little more complex from my memory, having played the whole season on SF. He started off as dps and was just terrible. Genuinely one of the worst dps players I've ever seen. That lasted maybe a week or two early on in the season. Then he swapped to healer and was still terrible. But he slowly improved to the point where he actually became a passable ranked healer. Not good, but actually not bad. At this point he was rarely throwing or stucking, but there were allegations that he was paying other healers to queue against him, which is how he got to 1400+. Then something changed. I don't know if it was because people caught on to his wintrading in team ranked or solos, or what, but that's when he started hard throwing down to 500.

Anyway, I reported him to pvpreports@swtor.com with all the evidence I had on 11/21/20, so about 7 weeks or so ago. I hope everyone else that complains about him also reported him. And I'm hopeful he'll get banned before the end of the season, or at least queue locked for next season.

Ultimately though, you're totally right. It's inexcusable that he still isn't banned after several months of almost nonstop throwing.
I feel honored to be one of the originals that Holybot would target to throw on, before it was in fashion server-wide. I played a couple SR matches with him at the start of the season and it was clear what he was about, called him on it and we've been best friends ever since.

It has been a pleasure to watch him self-destruct after playing an unhealthy amount of solo ranked over four months time. It started with a.) paying healers to queue against him in SR & TR, b.) queue dodging any resemblance of real teams in TR while q'ing at 4 AM in the morning, and c.) throwing in SR on his exclusive "list" of which my name was towards the top. Now he throws on 98% of players. Perhaps he's trying to go out in a blaze of glory, or perhaps Holybot.exe's friend/foe targeting simply went haywire.

What has not been a pleasure is seeing how slow Bioware is to queue lock someone as egregious as him. Bioware is pretty good with end of season enforcement, but needs to step it up and enforce their rules during the season for the most obvious and blatant offenders. I get they don't want to mistakenly punish an innocent player by acting too quickly, but if there's 1 player that clears the "blatant and obvious" threshold for a mid-season ban/queue lock it's Holymind.
Caprica
#1 Team Ranked Sniper: Seasons 3 and 6
#1 Solo Ranked Gunslinger: Seasons 2, 8, and 10

JediMasterAlex
01.14.2021 , 10:07 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
I feel honored to be one of the originals that Holybot would target to throw on, before it was in fashion server-wide. I played a couple SR matches with him at the start of the season and it was clear what he was about, called him on it and we've been best friends ever since.
Yeah, even in his rise, he still threw and did some weird stuff sometimes. And for some reason he thought you were wintrading which was amusing.

It has been a pleasure to watch his weak, erratic mind finally snap after playing an unhealthy amount of solo ranked in three months time. It started with a.) paying healers to queue against him in SR & TR, b.) queue dodging any resemblance of real teams in TR while q'ing at 4 AM in the morning, and c.) throwing in SR on his exclusive "list" of which my name was towards the top. Now he throws on 98% of players. Perhaps he's trying to go out in a blaze of glory, or perhaps Holybot.exe's friend/foe targeting simply went haywire.
That's one of the most disturbing things. No one has any idea why Holymind acts this way, or what precipitated the choices that he's made. His mind is simply too holy to be understood by us mortals.

What has not been a pleasure is seeing how slow Bioware is to queue lock someone as egregious as him. Bioware is pretty good with end of season enforcement, but needs to step it up and enforce their rules during the season for the most obvious and blatant offenders.
Indeed. I'm confident they'll do the right thing in the end, but that won't change how absurdly long it's taken.

EnzoForMe
01.14.2021 , 10:34 AM | #34
Yeah, even in his rise, he still threw and did some weird stuff sometimes. And for some reason he thought you were wintrading which was amusing.
He would throw on me every match and adorably try 100% when on the other team. When he would inevitably lose, he would accuse me of wintrading - as if defeating Holybot was a difficult task. Focus him he runs 300 meters from his team and crumbles like wet tissue paper, let him free-cast he plays like any other bronze/silver tier healer - except for the ones he's paying to queue like a player we'll call Emi'sus.

Icing on the cake to him accusing me (and just about anyone else he loses consistently to) of wintrading is he's taken every page out of the team & solo ranked shennanigan books this season. As if he was asked "Holymind, how would you like to cheat this season?" to which he replied "Yes".

That's one of the most disturbing things. No one has any idea why Holymind acts this way, or what precipitated the choices that he's made. His mind is simply too holy to be understood by us mortals.
He's q'd for about 4.5 months this season. 923 wins on his sorc, so I'll be generous and give him a 25% win rate.

That's 3,700 games played, or an average of 27 games and 6-8 hours each day - that's just on his sorc. When you add all his other characters, we're probably talking 30-35 games and 8-10 hours per day. I have never in my swtor life seen someone queue ranked that much every single day, and as angrily and badly as he did. I think he finally snapped.

I'll also say towards the beginning of the season he asked me a couple times if he could join my team ranked team, to which I politely declined. After that, the throwing began. Some people just can't handle rejection, especially when it stems from their own shortcomings, and it drives them to do curious things in the solo ranked queue
Caprica
#1 Team Ranked Sniper: Seasons 3 and 6
#1 Solo Ranked Gunslinger: Seasons 2, 8, and 10

DavidAtkinson
01.16.2021 , 12:02 AM | #35
He would throw on me every match and adorably try 100% when on the other team. When he would inevitably lose, he would accuse me of wintrading - as if defeating Holybot was a difficult task. Focus him he runs 300 meters from his team and crumbles like wet tissue paper, let him free-cast he plays like any other bronze/silver tier healer - except for the ones he's paying to queue like a player we'll call Emi'sus.

Icing on the cake to him accusing me (and just about anyone else he loses consistently to) of wintrading is he's taken every page out of the team & solo ranked shennanigan books this season. As if he was asked "Holymind, how would you like to cheat this season?" to which he replied "Yes".

He's q'd for about 4.5 months this season. 923 wins on his sorc, so I'll be generous and give him a 25% win rate.

That's 3,700 games played, or an average of 27 games and 6-8 hours each day - that's just on his sorc. When you add all his other characters, we're probably talking 30-35 games and 8-10 hours per day. I have never in my swtor life seen someone queue ranked that much every single day, and as angrily and badly as he did. I think he finally snapped.

I'll also say towards the beginning of the season he asked me a couple times if he could join my team ranked team, to which I politely declined. After that, the throwing began. Some people just can't handle rejection, especially when it stems from their own shortcomings, and it drives them to do curious things in the solo ranked queue
Why would a thrower ... based on your claims bother to actually win over 900 games ? I don't care what his rating is or was . Means nothing.. but why would he get 900 wins if he is a thrower. Just asking.
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

JediMasterAlex
01.16.2021 , 01:28 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Why would a thrower ... based on your claims bother to actually win over 900 games ? I don't care what his rating is or was . Means nothing.. but why would he get 900 wins if he is a thrower. Just asking.
Genuinely, nobody knows. Holymind is an enigma. I've never seen anyone behave like him in solos, especially for the length of time he's kept it up.

Caprica has some plausible explanations, such as being hurt from rejection and going mad due to excessive ranked games. But ultimately, I don't think normal people are capable of understanding someone like Holymind.