Self Destruct Penalty

Beowulfxx

I've played over 100 matches since GSF came out and I am a little disturbed by the antics of some players refusing to let another have the kill and instead they purposely run into a roid or wall when the jig is up. I have seen some players do this every time their hull is smoking or they are out matched.

I honestly feel that in any given match, the players should receive ONE self destruct for poor piloting and after that a requisition penalty come into play for each self destruct after..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also quite possible that they aren't doing it on purpose but are trying to get away and use objects as cover and misjudging their turns...I've done it.

Even if my ship is a smoking wreck one shot away from oblivion, I keep on keeping on. I've finished matches with a flaming wreck and I'm not afraid to do it again.

It is also quite possible that they aren't doing it on purpose but are trying to get away and use objects as cover and misjudging their turns...I've done it.

Even if my ship is a smoking wreck one shot away from oblivion, I keep on keeping on. I've finished matches with a flaming wreck and I'm not afraid to do it again.

This is extremely likely, when I have shields and full hull I don't try to make crazy maneuvers the same way I do when I am in the red with constant missile beeps and incoming lasers, I cant afford to take even one of the small missiles then so I try to work through the smallest areas at the top speed to break these locks or crash my pursuers, often them this results in my own death since even a slight clip of an object kills you if you are badly damaged.

How exactly do you know they self-destructed on purpose? Trying to escape from you they may have just triggered the wrong ability at the right time to go splat.

You also have to realize that you are likely the better pilot, otherwise they would be chasing you into an asteroid rather than the other way around.

And the only way you could add a penalty without punishing newb players would be to simply remove the mechanic, thus removing a certain level of skill needed to fly.

I've played over 100 matches since GSF came out and I am a little disturbed by the antics of some players refusing to let another have the kill and instead they purposely run into a roid or wall when the jig is up. I have seen some players do this every time their hull is smoking or they are out matched.

I honestly feel that in any given match, the players should receive ONE self destruct for poor piloting and after that a requisition penalty come into play for each self destruct after...

-_- What is wrong with this community?! 90% of the time it's not even there fault. The game isn't even ABOUT kills!

People who just focus on kills in GSF have no brains. STOP BLAMING PEOPLE WHEN IT'S NOT THERE FAULT

I really don't care if they do it. If I'm winning a fight to the point that their either so flustered they mash spacebar and decorate the side of a asteroid or because they feel they will not win and would rather not give me the kill.

Either way I just defended the point and get to keep sucking sweet sweet defender points off it.

At the very least you should get an assist if they smack into something after you did dmg to them. (Not sure if you do or not as it's hard to track them.)

edit: I agree with the above, there should be no penalty for it. It would just negatively affect newer players and people that do it on purpose would continue. As was said it's not about stats it's about winning.

Edited by Andurian

It's poor sportsmanship. Plain and simple. If someone spends the time fighting another only to have the other take the easy way out it's just poor behavior.

Thank you for your insightful and compelling comment.

None of them hit barrel roll when facing a solid object.

None of them fled is panic and just plain crashed.

None of them hit the 90 degree escape without looking down.

None of the just plain suck at flying because GSF has been out only a week.

Nope, they all did it to spite you personally :rolleyes:

None of them hit barrel roll when facing a solid object.

None of them fled is panic and just plain crashed.

None of them hit the 90 degree escape without looking down.

None of the just plain suck at flying because GSF has been out only a week.

Nope, they all did it to spite you personally :rolleyes:

HA HA HA!

That is funny.:D

Get over it. It's a non-issue. Wining the match isn't all about your kill stats.

Agreed. Let's stop with the "kills only matter" routine. It's getting ridiculous.

I honestly have self destructed on accident a dozen times now. We don't need to start punishing players for honest mistakes.

Next topic please.

i've played over 100 matches since gsf came out and i am a little disturbed by the antics of some players refusing to let another have the kill and instead they purposely run into a roid or wall when the jig is up. I have seen some players do this every time their hull is smoking or they are out matched.

I honestly feel that in any given match, the players should receive one self destruct for poor piloting and after that a requisition penalty come into play for each self destruct after..

i was not doing it on purpose dang it! That stupid barrel roll sent me flying into asteroids every time!

Today, while chasing a scout that had popped the turrets on our satellite, I meant to hit the 'suck power from engine' key but instead hit the 'barrel roll' key and killed myself. By the time I respawned, we'd lost the satellite and by the time I got back to the satellite, it had been captured.

Do we really need to add a penalty to this?

The better I get at flying, the more suicides I have. When you do tight maneuvers around the area, you are bound to hit something sooner or later. Majority of people has it like that. Those jackos that kill themselves to deny kills are pathetic losers, but let 'em serve themselves. They actually save you a few seconds, who knows if you'd kill them with your next volley. You can use the valuable time to shoot someone else or regenerate powers to own the jacko again :)

Today, while chasing a scout that had popped the turrets on our satellite, I meant to hit the 'suck power from engine' key but instead hit the 'barrel roll' key and killed myself. By the time I respawned, we'd lost the satellite and by the time I got back to the satellite, it had been captured.

Do we really need to add a penalty to this?

exactly, death is its own punishment and there are few if any people so conniving enough to kill themselves just to deny a kill to someone, and many times it is just an accident