Boarding Party-Commander Jorland encounter

So i have searched google and found numerous strategies around the web for this encounter and our group has tried all that we could find without any luck of defeating this encounter.

We have tried getting the tank at his max range, then the healer stands at max and healer ducks in and out to heal the tank when needed, but even when our healer is at like 33-34 meters from the boss, he will still get hit by a rocket. So we had him just duck in and out of range to heal the tank when needed. We tried a melee dps tanks massey, burn massey then the others. tried everyone including the tank at max range and burn commander because his reflect shield doesn't hit hard, but he still lobs rockets at us.

Does anyone have some sort of sure fire way to beat this encounter, because at the moment it seems too crazy to defeat.

Usual group comp is either an operative healer or a sorc healer, powertech dps, juggernaut tank and sorcerer dps.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal mode or hardmode?

Normal mode when I did it I just healed through it. We killed medic first, then killed massey and then finally Jorland.

However, if you kill Massey last and Commander Jorland 2nd, it will reduce the damage from Jorland as Jorland's output damage is decrease by that shield from Massey.

Also zerging helps as the zone in point is right next door. Having everyone with med packs/stims helps to lower the load on the healer.

Was a very rough encounter.

Havn't beat the HM encounter yet without "exploiting"

Btw, apparently if you wipe once on this fight there is no loot.

What we did with an under-leveled tank, was burn the guy on the left, then the main boss in the center, and left the healer for last - only issue we had before we tried it the other way (healer, guy on left, main boss) was that our tank wasn't holding aggro, so the other guy would keep aggroing on the DPS, which would cause us to wipe.

We have been working on this encounter for the better part of 3 hours now with zero luck.

The enrage is ridiculously short. We've managed to kill either the healer or the chief first, but hit enrage without getting another one down. If you kill the chief first, the commander starts a channeled bolt volley that hits like a truck. Killing the healer takes forever because, well, he's a healer.

The smoothest strat we had was tanking the healer and the commander where they stand and pulling the chief back on top of the stairs to line of sight the grenades. The healer stands on the boxes in front of the stairs and eats grenades and heals everyone. We were able to get the chief down pretty consistently that way, but always died trying to kill the healer. Once the chief goes down, it seems like the damage on the other two goes way up. I'm a merc with 4k armor and I take nearly 3k damage from the grenades the commander shoots and she shoots them about every 3 seconds. When he's not using that, he's using that blaster volley that hits like a mack truck.

I just can't see how this fight is intended to be won. I ran BT hard mode and 1-shot every boss without too much trouble. We 1-shot every other boss in BP without much trouble. We get in here and wipe for 3 hours+ on one boss without ever even killing 2 of the 3 mobs.

How in the hell are you supposed to do this fight?!

We talked it out a bit, and we decided that the proper order is probably either Healer->Commander->Chief, or Commander and then whatever you want. Part of the issue is that the Chief's shield reduces the Commander's damage. Once the Chief dies, the Commander just starts waylaying people and it's really unhealable.

If you had two interrupters, I would suggest Healer->Commander->Chief. Healer should go down pretty quick if you can keep him from healing. From that point, it's just a war of attrition. If that doesn't work, you can try Commander first to reduce the damage your party is taking and then slowly wittle the others down.

Good luck. We gave up.

HERIOC MODE:

This last boss is just STUPID MODE hard.

No CC.

No Threat.

Hits for crazy amount of HP's.

The grenades follow u. No matter how much you move they will hit you.

WTB a NERF on this boss.

Edited by Blaaine

It's not hard at all. Your dps is undergeared or your healer can't handle the damage put out yet.

Destroy the medic, keep her interrupted, destroy shield dude, nuke him. But stop complaining about "OMG ITS TOO HARD CAUSE I CAN'T DO IT" because I assure you, there's a TON of people that can. Get more gear, or bang your heads against the wall until it falls over. All of this will be trivial in a week or two with more gear.

It's not hard at all. Your dps is undergeared or your healer can't handle the damage put out yet.

Destroy the medic, keep her interrupted, destroy shield dude, nuke him. But stop complaining about "OMG ITS TOO HARD CAUSE I CAN'T DO IT" because I assure you, there's a TON of people that can. Get more gear, or bang your heads against the wall until it falls over. All of this will be trivial in a week or two with more gear.

You are in HERIOC mode? Cause yeah.. its easy mode in normal.

I call BS on it just being a healing fight. 7k grenades every 2-3 sec isn't possible to heal through for any length of time. Ive done the other hardmodes without too much problem so if you think this is easy or working as intended you are either someone who has never done them or trolling. Ive never seen to talked to ANY group who has done it without kiting Jorland. Edited by cncgod

Honestly my problem with this boss is not as much as healing (which personally I find to be quite fun from a healer PoV) but the fact that this boss is impossible with entry level gear IF you have a melee DPS.

Me and my guildies are quite experienced raiders from WoW and honestly the only thing that we found challenging from this fight was the healing. Once we worked up a successful strat with a melee (kiting the warrior boss to the corner to avoid AoE damage) and then proceeding to kill Jorland. In addition with this strat we found in necessary that that one of the melee (tank or DPS) had to stand out of range to not get cleaved. This worked well until we killed him and immediately hit enrage on us.

TL;DR You can't have a melee and successfully do this fight without the group being extremely geared, and at that point you won't have to even do the instance.

TL;DR 2 This game is way 2 melee unfriendly.

How about i dunno... keeping the tank on the healer and interrupting.. The melee guy hits less then a wet noodle.. burn him first. while keeping the heals interrupted.. stay spread out.. and heal through the grenades.. then burn the commander 2nd.. then if u hit enrage.. its on a healer which hits nothing...; Easy fight is easy

I call BS on it just being a healing fight. 7k grenades every 2-3 sec isn't possible to heal through for any length of time. Ive done the other hardmodes without too much problem so if you think this is easy or working as intended you are either someone who has never done them or trolling. Ive never seen to talked to ANY group who has done it without kiting Jorland.

BTW, working as intended.

K, I'll get a video up later.

The healing is not what makes the fight hard, what makes the fight hard is having a melee DPS that cannot constantly DPS the warrior add without cleaving the AoE to everyone. With a 3 ranged group and a healer that does not suck this fight is honestly a joke.

There's some trolls in here or just some morons. I spent 3 hours wiping to that boss with the same group that has had no issues clearing BT (lol), False Emp, Battle for Ilum, and D7. Yet we spend 3 hours wiping to BP without ever even killing 2 of the 3 bosses and it's not hard? Sure thing, guy.

The healing is not what makes the fight hard, what makes the fight hard is having a melee DPS that cannot constantly DPS the warrior add without cleaving the AoE to everyone. With a 3 ranged group and a healer that does not suck this fight is honestly a joke.

Just did it on an alt with 3 meelee, guess I'll upload that vid tomorrow after it resets.

Statement stands, fight's a joke.