Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ability Delay from Georg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ability Delay from Georg
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dhvyse
01.20.2012 , 04:26 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by osuaaron View Post
Well I'm very glad the PVPers are happy so now we can get back to the other 90% of the game, development wise.
This effects EVERYONE. It can affect PvE just as much as PvP. You probably don't even realize it because you are so used to button mashing your abilities to compensate.

Kabloosh
01.20.2012 , 04:26 PM | #92
Does this mean when I use smash it will be used when I clicked it or not wasted when I get knocked backed. Nothing worse than using smash s the same time you get knock backed and having the ability go off at the new location your character got launched to. Being melee you spend a lot of time being knocked back and I watch so many times as I waste smash such an important ability in pvp.

Oh and please nerf smash and move the damage to other abilities.

Mormack
01.20.2012 , 04:26 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by dhvyse View Post
Well you know, beta testers pointed out this problem 6+ months ago and we were ignored. Now they act like it was just discovered.

So shove your worthless comment up your pie hole. No one likes being ignored.
You cannot prove you were ignored...Most likely it simply wasn't as critical of a fix as many many many other fixes were...either that or everything they tried up until recently broke 500 different things after fixing the 1.

The Point is they are working on it. They care, but unless its 100% perfect at launch, its not good enough for the trolls. They have been rather open about it. Sure they haven't said something every day but they let us know they were working on it and they let us know they have a patch that should fix it.

Once again, Entitled Generation is Entitled.

Ahlin
01.20.2012 , 04:28 PM | #94
After reading this I'm concerned that the devs don't actually understand the issue.

digitalclover
01.20.2012 , 04:29 PM | #95
any input lag was in Flashpoint situations. Granted I haven't done any PvP yet since that seems to be populated with players who like to voice their opinion at an obnoxious level. But I welcome any tweaks to tighten up the gameplay. Thanks for the info.

ChaeTakbae
01.20.2012 , 04:31 PM | #96
Broski I ran WoW on a single core HP now I have a quad core and your telling me its a issue with duel core computers? enough with the lies. It doesn't matter what the cause of the problems is, if you took your creative finger pointing ideas into actually fixing the damn task you might actually have a working solution now, not an "um a er, maybe?" reply.

seallone
01.20.2012 , 04:32 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by dhvyse View Post
I'm curious. Did you ignore all the pleas from beta? Why now are you acting like it's a new issue?

We've had this problem SINCE EARLY BETA. It was THE #1 issue (easily) that everyone wanted taken care off FIRST.

It still plagues our game play TO THIS DAY and it's unacceptable that this wasn't fixed IN BETA.

Bioware still has a TON to learn about what needs to be put at the top of list. PRIORITIZE. This is ridiculous and I'm beyond pissed that we still have to deal with this a month after the game has been released, and likely much much longer.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.
not only that look at the subs now from 400.000 too 200.000

its a cash thing only. this game. resub and hope . when beta testing new aboutthis. erm

dhvyse
01.20.2012 , 04:32 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Mormack View Post
You cannot prove you were ignored...Most likely it simply wasn't as critical of a fix as many many many other fixes were...either that or everything they tried up until recently broke 500 different things after fixing the 1.

The Point is they are working on it. They care, but unless its 100% perfect at launch, its not good enough for the trolls. They have been rather open about it. Sure they haven't said something every day but they let us know they were working on it and they let us know they have a patch that should fix it.

Once again, Entitled Generation is Entitled.
I don't think you truly realize how much fuss was made over this before the game was anywhere near release. So it's understandable that there are annoyed people about this very serious issue.

You probably haven't done any serious raiding yet. If you have, you would realize how serious it is to have your abilities not respond to button presses. It can mean the difference between a wipe that adds 30 minutes to your raid time and a clean kill for phat lewts.

Better late than never? Sure. But Bioware ignoring the issue and now making a fuss over it is a slap in the face to the people who took time to beta test their game.

Whatever I'm done arguing with you lowbies.

Cylestat
01.20.2012 , 04:32 PM | #99
Good to see some progress here!
Lestat

Mutica
01.20.2012 , 04:34 PM | #100
Thank you for keeping us posted... really that's all a lot of are asking, you acknowledged the problem, just keep us appraised of the progress. I've got some confidence back that you guys can solve this problem!