Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN prices

LiesliaSau
08.21.2019 , 09:20 PM | #21
Thank you all for answers! I'll try to watch the market more closely then.

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
You picked it up in Dofus, and to complete it, you had to go to a particular place in the world of Dofus, and leave an item there. You then installed *two* other games by Ankama, and in one, you went and picked up the item from a particular place, and took it somewhere else. You then loaded up Wakfu, the third of the games, and picked up the item *again* before eventually depositing a different item somewhere that would transport it back in time to Dofus (Dofus and Wakfu are set in the same world, with Dofus being a thousand years earlier in the timeline). Your character in Dofus then picked up the item and you could complete the quest.
This sounds actually very cool! Both as an idea to get more people involved in several games and as a story behind that item, if there is one.
Star Forge. || Watching and silently judging. ||

Kraysk
08.22.2019 , 10:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
but it'll never reach the billions.
Oh come on, average crafter with 4-5 alts can make 500 mil per day. At least it was that way before announced Onslaught and all the changes we can see on PTS.
Now people do not want to pay hundreds of millions per weapon. :)

TrixxieTriss
08.22.2019 , 10:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
Oh come on, average crafter with 4-5 alts can make 500 mil per day. At least it was that way before announced Onslaught and all the changes we can see on PTS.
Now people do not want to pay hundreds of millions per weapon.
That’s rubbish. An average crafter can’t. Maybe an elite crafter like you can.

Rolodome
08.22.2019 , 11:05 PM | #24
Now people do not want to pay hundreds of millions per weapon.
The thing people so often miss in this kind of silliness is that if loads of people did whatever form of selling you're suggesting was lucrative, when it was lucrative, it would quickly become not-so-lucrative because the market would be so saturated it would force the price down.

The fact that it's so lucrative to begin with should be an indication that not only are few people doing it, but you're better off with it being that way if you are one of the people trying to profit off of it.

That's one of the reasons I've never gotten into crafting for credits, personally. I don't want to invest the time into babysitting listings to ensure I'm making sales. Plus there's just so much detail in keeping track of different mats and pricing of things to ensure you're making a profit, and so on. Too much work for a game! Not my cup of tea. Not lots of peoples' cup of tea and for those for whom it is their cup of tea, be glad people like me sit it out because it means you have less competition to deal with and thus have an easier time charging higher prices and making a killing.

I wouldn't brag too much about it. You might just inspire people to jump into the market and inadvertently kill your sales in the process.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Kraysk
08.22.2019 , 11:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I wouldn't brag too much about it. You might just inspire people to jump into the market and inadvertently kill your sales in the process.
Not like i really care. I already have enough credits, in fact more than i will ever need.

I just want to encourage new and returning people to craft.

Rolodome
08.22.2019 , 11:19 PM | #26
Not like i really care. I already have enough credits, in fact more than i will ever need.

I just want to encourage new and returning people to craft.
Fair enough.

Ardrossan
08.22.2019 , 11:52 PM | #27
If anything prices are too low, especially for mats. Those CMTs used to sell for over 1 million credits, and sell fast, now they're at 400k [at best] and falling rapidly. BW needs to intervene so I can gouge customers like I used to.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

DarkTergon
08.23.2019 , 01:40 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
If anything prices are too low, especially for mats. Those CMTs used to sell for over 1 million credits, and sell fast, now they're at 400k [at best] and falling rapidly. BW needs to intervene so I can gouge customers like I used to.
could always buy up the cheap ones and horde them and sell them at a higher value.... we saw how that worked out for a certain poster (player)
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Equeliber
08.23.2019 , 03:26 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
The prices on CMTs are dropping because 6.0 is in a month. Not many people buy augments anymore - they cost 1.5-2mil nowadays; while at release of 240 augs they cost 6-7mil and were actually selling for that price.

In a couple of weeks 400k will be reduced by another half, at least. And then they'll pretty much stop selling. Only people who have no idea about 6.0 will be buying them.

BW will intervene, yeah. By releasing new mats

Rolodome
08.23.2019 , 03:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
The prices on CMTs are dropping because 6.0 is in a month. Not many people buy augments anymore - they cost 1.5-2mil nowadays; while at release of 240 augs they cost 6-7mil and were actually selling for that price.

In a couple of weeks 400k will be reduced by another half, at least. And then they'll pretty much stop selling. Only people who have no idea about 6.0 will be buying them.

BW will intervene, yeah. By releasing new mats
This was in large part due to the change in how easy the mats are to acquire, with the conquest changes. Which I now realize was clearly done, at least in part, to make it easier to catch up in the interim, while waiting for 6.0 to land.